Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 123 of 246 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 3679
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Honestly, yes.
    Who else was there since they clearly didnít want to spend and werenít as high on the a available PGs in the draft?

This offseason shouldnít be as big of a deal as some are making it out to be. We knew it was slim pickings before it even started.

All I personally wanted was just more shooting and more of an avenue for the younger players to play. Payton doesnít do either of those things, but he was the best option for a one year cheap PG and also itís not as simple as letís go get this guy, the player has to want to come.

I fully expect this team to almost completely transform next offseason. If it doesnít, then we can judge.

My main worry right now is Randle to be honest. Thibs has a history of favoring vets and Randle directly impacts Obiís playing time.

Why sign Payton just run dsjr and frank and harper what difference is Payton going to make?

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Because they brought back Payton for one more season?
    I was responding to the Scott Perry part.

But no, Obi over Vassell, Quickley at 25 instead of just drafting him at 33, passing on Terry, Hampton etc...

And yeah Payton, I mean I wouldíve preferred Rozier and several other possible options. This just goes back to the idea that Rose has never run a team before and for all we know WWW thinks itís still 2003. Weíre just going to have to wait and see.

I can stomach Payton with Randle out of the picture. Obi needs to start and we need a stretch big off the bench. No room for Randle at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I'm done blaming others for Frank he's 22 now and there plenty of other kids out there looking for opportunity.

Sure itís largely Frankís fault, I blame him too. But point guards often take several years to figure the NBA game out. Itís normal.

Every free agent was severely overpaid. Was there an expectation that the Knicks would be able to sign these people to contracts for less money and less years. I'm not sure what people expected the Knicks to do in this free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Iím really curious to see what Reggie Jackson signs for. Iíd take him over Payton 1000 times out of 100.
    Iíd rather start ****ing Frank or DSJ at PG over Payton. Screw you Knicks!
    Yeah Payton sucks. I was thinking about Jackson and Teague. Even rondo was not bad, we couldíve gave him 1yr $10m. Part of the reason why some of our younger players havenít developed is because we donít have a decent point guard. Most teams have backup point guards that are way better than our starters.

Idk maybe rose is purposely putting a bad roster together so that we can tank.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Sure itís largely Frankís fault, I blame him too. But point guards often take several years to figure the NBA game out. Itís normal.
    But we don't want someone learning how to basketball on our team lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    So far theyíve only brought in CAA clients and players related to the team to the staff in some way.
    Ed Davis was a salary dump. Are you really counting that?

Burks is not CAA.

Toppin wasnít some reach at 8. Most teams wouldíve taken him there. They also passed on guys like Vassell and Haliburton who are also CAA, so how did Toppin being with that agency influence it?

Payton was just in the team last year. Why is it now that heís back because heís CAA?

None of this makes any sense. When they make a highly questionable move that doesnít make any sense and then it turns out that the player is CAA, then yeah, make that argument.

Itís silly to try to do so now.

Also, everyone please realize how big of an agency CAA is. The Knicks could close their eyes and throw a dart at a group of players and itíll most likely hit a CAA client.

Everyone just needs to relax lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Let's be honest, none of these guys have proven they can even stay healthy for a full season. I think it will all work itself out. The cream rises to the top unless coach gets stuck on playing vets to win 4 more games this yr.
    Agreed, light a fire under their ***** and letís see the kids take these spots from the vets. Time to man up.

Burks is not CAA.

Toppin wasnít some reach at 8. Most teams wouldíve taken him there. They also passed on guys like Vassell and Haliburton who are also CAA, so how did Toppin being with that agency influence it?

Payton was just in the team last year. Why is it now that heís back because heís CAA?

None of this makes any sense. When they make a highly questionable move that doesnít make any sense and then it turns out that the player is CAA, then yeah, make that argument.

Also, everyone please realize how big of an agency CAA is. The Knicks could close their eyes and throw a dart at a group of players and itíll most likely hit a CAA client.

You

Say it again for the people in the back

Burks is not CAA.

Ed Davis Utah connection same thing with Burke

If the guys we have canít earn minutes from Payton, how good are they?

Frank and DSJ arenít swag-types that are confident, and donít care if they suck. They get down

This is why I wanted cp3 so Knicks rejects sry i mean projects can learn how to play instead of how to get beat up but some of you were nah we need cap space the all precious cap space.

Burks is not CAA.

I wasnít even counting Davis but he is as well.

Burks has a history with front office members Walt Perrin (Jazz) and Brock Aller (Cavaliers).

I love the Obi pick and he was better value than those two guys. Still CAA. Rose and Wesley are very close with Calipari at Kentucky and took Quickley (as much as I like his potential) too soon.

Payton had no business coming back here. It doesnít make any sense at all. So it has to be the agent relationship with him and the team.

Yes CAA is a large agency that represents many players, but right now they arenít doing anything creative or outside the box at all.