Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 193 of 246 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3679
    Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Sources say the Knicks’ first priority for a wing was to get Gordon Hayward and that they told Beasley if they missed out they were coming after him. The Knicks had the cap space, and it would be conceivable that Thibs wouldn’t have minded stealing away a player the Wolves gave up a first-round pick for at the trade deadline.

The Wolves went in with an aggressive pitch to Beasley right away when free agency opened, knowing that if the Knicks extended an offer sheet they could include some onerous terms in the paperwork to make life miserable for Minnesota. This is also Minnesota, a place that has historically had major difficulty recruiting players to sign. The Wolves often have to pay a little extra to get a player, and they really wanted to retain Beasley. He plays fast, hits 3s and attacks the rim, all tenets of their offensive philosophy.

Beasley, sources said, appreciated the support he’s received from the Wolves since his legal issues came to light, likes playing for Ryan Saunders and believes that a core that includes Towns, Russell, Edwards and himself can grow together into a formidable team.

So rather than wait to see if the Knicks were going to extend an offer, which very well could have come since they did miss out on Hayward, Beasley agreed to terms on the spot. The Wolves did get a little bit of protection with a team option for the fourth year, meaning it is essentially a three-year, $44 million deal. When looking at free-agent contracts for Hayward (four years, $120 million), Jordan Clarkson (4/52), Jerami Grant (3/60), Joe Harris (4/75), Marcus Morris (4/64) and Davis Bertans (5/80), the Beasley deal looks more reasonable.

We seriously told Beasley to wait and see if we missed out on Hayward?
    wouldn't surprise me. look at all the young guards we've passed on recently, in FAgency and the draft. we're stuck in the 90's

If that’s true, that’s disappointing.

Beasley made way more sense than Hayward.

Disappointing that the FO actually wanted to sign players to end up being a 9th seed and flounder endlessly in the middle tier of the league with no means of improving.

I like Beasley but let’s not overrate him like he’s some star. I do wish we got him but I wanted Hayward over him.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I like Beasley but let’s not overrate him like he’s some star. I do wish we got him but I wanted Hayward over him.
    I wanted Beasley over Hayward. Age and fit-wise he was perfect for this team, not to mention his contract would have been great for us.

Dec 11th first Ps game dec 13th and 16th
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    I wanted Beasley over Hayward. Age and fit-wise he was perfect for this team, not to mention his contract would have been great for us.
    I mean gotta assume another few mill maybe 5 mill a year. Not exactly some bargain. It is what it is. We’ll see if it turns out good next year.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    On our team, I really believe he could have been a legit 20 or more a night guy. He can play for sure

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    On our team, I really believe he could have been a legit 20 or more a night guy. He can play for sure
    Maybe. I do like him a lot and I am disappointed but end of the day next year we can draft someone better and it wouldn’t be Surprising. We have to just hope Rj/obi play well and maybe get lucky with one of the other young dudes
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I’m not even a Beasley fan we dodge a bullet there

$40M in cap space is not what it once was. Gotta figure Flash Gordon Hayward got $30M/season over 4 yrs with one good leg.

I think, the worst part is that the Knicks couldn't swing a bad contract deal to get future first rounders.

That's crazy...but the Knicks are coming around to the reality: The Knicks have as hard a time attracting UFAs as Minnesota, Indiana, Detroit....

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    he's better than THJR and THJR was dropping just about 20 a game here. Beasely could have been a more efficient 20ppg guy for sure. we just dont go after the right players.

Hayward is a great player, but he turns 31 this season, you don't go after him over a guy that just turned 23 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he's better than THJR and THJR was dropping just about 20 a game here. Beasely could have been a more efficient 20ppg guy for sure. we just dont go after the right players.

Hayward is a great player, but he turns 31 this season, you don't go after him over a guy that just turned 23 yesterday.
    No arguments here

I bet if Leon can convince that euro PG to come over he can turn him into a first round pick later on.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I bet if Leon can convince that euro PG to come over he can turn him into a first round pick later on.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    What Euro PG