Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Just realized the title says "radical left clams".

Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Next thing this animal is going to be talking about sitting ďIndian styleĒ

I think you mean crisscross applesauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Maybe we can try this againÖÖÖ

Try thisÖÖÖ

Go back and read the title of this thread (I did not start it.)

Then read the first post (I did not make it.)

Then read the article that the first post mentions (I didn't write it.)

So when you say Ö "It's like you are willfully trying to argue something that others aren
    't arguing with you" you are completely wrong since I am responding to what was written.

I was responding to the original post and thge news article he quoted. The original poster aske for any thoughts

So who started the argument here. Certainly not me. I commented several times how tiresome it is regarding people who keep trying to tear down our society's norms. Seems unnecessary to me to try to ruing one of our best holidays by pointing out and dwelling on some of our ugly past. And for what it's worth (not much here) I think you would be hard pressed to find any culture, society or whatever you want to call it that does not have some dark periods in its history. Why dwell on it and ruin something in the present day that people love.

Do you have kids or know someone who does??? Do they have a good time with Thanksgiving pageants at schools. Cutting out little turkeys, wearing pilgrim hats, finding colorful leaves?? Cornucopia posters. Know anyone who does that??? Why ruin that for them just to be historically accurate??? What's the point???

You don't get it. You never will. And there are tons of people like you. More and more all the time. All this country is for people like you is the giant monolith that must be taken down a peg or two. You never seem to have a good time. Always something wrong that needs to be fixed. Some statue. Some event. Some street name. School name. Endless options for people like you.

Fun FactÖÖÖthere are over 150 international airports in the US
    You're the one that clearly doesn't get it. Acknowledging and accepting the past is in no way the same as dwelling on the past to an unhealthy degree or trying to destroy a beloved holiday. One can admit that this country we live in has a shady past and still joyously celebrate a holiday like Thanksgiving. For most people it's just an excuse to get together with loved ones, not a time to give verbal history lessons (factual or make believe) around the dinner table.

A news article or a discussion on an out of date sports forum are nowhere near the same as a holiday dinner table conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    If by taking this country and its self-aggrandizing exceptionalism down a couple of pegs, you mean having us as a nation practice a little humility now and then, hell, I am all for it.
    self-aggrandizing exceptionalismÖÖÖWow!!!

That sounds kinda cool achully.

Geezus!

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    who is 'they' and where is this fight? I keep seeing people like you claim there's this big backlash from, I'm assuming you're saying, Christians that there's some war going on.....when's the last time you saw anyone showing concern?
    The coverage ramps up on the War on Christmas on Fox around this time of year. It hasnít been as strong since General OíReillyís $32,000,000 payout for sexual harassment. The replacement colonels and generals havenít done nearly as good a job.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Maybe we can try this againÖÖÖ

Try thisÖÖÖ

Go back and read the title of this thread (I did not start it.)

Then read the first post (I did not make it.)

Then read the article that the first post mentions (I didn't write it.)

So when you say Ö "It's like you are willfully trying to argue something that others aren
    't arguing with you" you are completely wrong since I am responding to what was written.

I was responding to the original post and thge news article he quoted. The original poster aske for any thoughts

So who started the argument here. Certainly not me. I commented several times how tiresome it is regarding people who keep trying to tear down our society's norms. Seems unnecessary to me to try to ruing one of our best holidays by pointing out and dwelling on some of our ugly past. And for what it's worth (not much here) I think you would be hard pressed to find any culture, society or whatever you want to call it that does not have some dark periods in its history. Why dwell on it and ruin something in the present day that people love.

Do you have kids or know someone who does??? Do they have a good time with Thanksgiving pageants at schools. Cutting out little turkeys, wearing pilgrim hats, finding colorful leaves?? Cornucopia posters. Know anyone who does that??? Why ruin that for them just to be historically accurate??? What's the point???

You don't get it. You never will. And there are tons of people like you. More and more all the time. All this country is for people like you is the giant monolith that must be taken down a peg or two. You never seem to have a good time. Always something wrong that needs to be fixed. Some statue. Some event. Some street name. School name. Endless options for people like you.

Fun FactÖÖÖthere are over 150 international airports in the US
    But you had already said that then responded to me with something that had nothing to do with what I was saying. At this point I am left with... Sluggo, Do you have Dimentia?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The coverage ramps up on the War on Christmas on Fox around this time of year. It hasnít been as strong since General OíReillyís $32,000,000 payout for sexual harassment. The replacement colonels and generals havenít done nearly as good a job.
    so this 'war' you speak of....is a few Fox reporters yapping
    that's not a war, not even a battle, it's an irrelevant scuffle at best

Christians generally just shake their heads at the absurd lengths some go to in order to NOT let the words Merry Christmas be said publicly
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    so this 'war' you speak of....is a few Fox reporters yapping
    that's not a war, not even a battle, it's an irrelevant scuffle at best

Christians generally just shake their heads at the absurd lengths some go to in order to NOT let the words Merry Christmas be said publicly
    Well one of the biggest things Trump would always talk about was bringing back saying Merry Christmas. He said it almost if not more than Lock Her Up and Build the Wall.

People try and avoid saying it because they want to be open to those who arenít Christian or celebrate Christmas.

Well one of the biggest things Trump would always talk about was bringing back saying Merry Christmas. He said it almost if not more than Lock Her Up and Build the Wall.

People try and avoid saying it because they want to be open to those who arenít Christian or celebrate Christmas.
    If it was 'the biggest thing' Trump said, I'd have probably heard him say it more than once in 4 years. Regardless, that's still just one more person, and Trump at that.

Millions and millions of non-Christians say Merry Christmas all the time.
    What is December 24th to you, Holidays Eve? the 25th is?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

He said that in 2015,/2016. You living in the past?

Hence why he used the past tense and mentioned it with other things Trump said repeatedly when he was running for president the first time, smart guy. If you weren't so desperate for "gotcha" moments with certain posters, maybe you'd have realized as much before making another pointless post.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    But you had already said that then responded to me with something that had nothing to do with what I was saying. At this point I am left with... Sluggo, Do you have Dimentia?
    Wasn't Dimentia the name of one of the women that torched the police station in Seattle??? Or maybe one of the organizers of the CHOP zone??? I think it was.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Wasn't Dimentia the name of one of the women that torched the police station in Seattle??? Or maybe one of the organizers of the CHOP zone??? I think it was.
    It's hard to remember anything when you start down that road. My condoleseces.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678