Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Radical left clams the Indians didnít teach us how to make corn

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/d...e=articleShare

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

A Smith and Wesson beats four aces.

Itís kind of amazing that people still believe the old school stories of thanksgiving and Columbus. But Iím 40 and those were the white washed tales I was taught too.

I wish I had read A Peopleís History of the United States earlier in my life than my 30s.

Side note, I highly recommend the podcast Red Nation. The overlooked abuse that still goes on is unreal.

I got hit with a paywall and I don't subscribe to the NYT. So if someone wants to summarize, I'll look that over or if they want to provide some of the text that would be better.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

War on Thanksgiving has begun....
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Why not just celebrate the day after Thanksgiving asÖÖÖ

Annihilation of the Indians While White People Destroy North America Day

Everyone gets that day off anyway or do we need a totally new holiday????

Or just drop Thanksgivng and make that Annihilation of the Indians While White People Destroy North America Day. Or maybe Trail of Tears Tuesday.

There is absolutely no need to have a pleasant day where families can just enjoy something together. No reason at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Itís kind of amazing that people still believe the old school stories of thanksgiving and Columbus. But Iím 40 and those were the white washed tales I was taught too.

I wish I had read A Peopleís History of the United States earlier in my life than my 30s.

Side note, I highly recommend the podcast Red Nation. The overlooked abuse that still goes on is unreal.

Thanks I added Red Nation to my list

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

Or just drop Thanksgivng and make that Annihilation of the Indians While White People Destroy North America Day. Or maybe Trail of Tears Tuesday.

There is absolutely no need to have a pleasant day where families can just enjoy something together. No reason at all.

Do you think the Indians taught us to make corn? If not do you think we could have the Holiday, the traditions, and the idea of expressing gratefulness on that day without the fable about the Indian/Pilgram feast/relationship?

Last edited by ewing; 11-19-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

Bold 1ÖÖ does it really hurt anyone???

Bold 2ÖÖdoes it really hurt anyone???

Some of you people seem as if you are never happy or content. Something gloomy every day.

Let's jump on Christmas. Fat guy in a red suit that doesn't existÖÖÖteaching kids about fantasy people, that can't be good. Shaming fat peopleÖterrible.. Cutting down treesÖare you kidding me. All that paper wasted.

Someone needs to get on this.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    War on Thanksgiving has begun....
    Ever since their general left the fight, the right just doesn't seem to have the same heart in it. General Bill O'Reilly has been sorely missed!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Do you think the Indians taught us to make corn? If not do you think we could have the Holiday, the traditions, and the idea of expressing gratefulness on that day without the fable about the Indian/Pilgram feast/relationship?

I don't know who gave us corn. Nor do I care. Same with string beans. But I do care about who gave us brussel sprouts and lima beans. They should be shot. It's just hard to believe that there is an actual article and complaint about it. Well, not really all that hard to believe.

And while we're at all this BSÖÖdidn't the Indians show the Europeans how to smoke tobacco??? How did that work out??? Can we sue them for all the disease that caused??? Or is it only the white man that can get blamed for negative historical events????

I don't know who gave us corn. Nor do I care. Same with string beans. But I do care about who gave us brussel sprouts and lima beans. They should be shot. It's just hard to believe that there is an actual article and complaint about it. Well, not really all that hard to believe.

And while we're at all this BSÖÖdidn't the Indians show the Europeans how to smoke tobacco??? How did that work out??? Can we sue them for all the disease that caused??? Or is it only the white man that can get blamed for negative historical events????
    itís an account. Some people find history and myth interesting. Of course we canít go back and change anything either way but I also donít see why we should be protecting a myth

Last edited by ewing; 11-19-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Who said you can't have a pleasant day with the family? Just don't celebrate the bs myth behind it. We made thanksgiving a religious thing by being thankful for the blessing bestowed on us.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Bold 1ÖÖ does it really hurt anyone???

Bold 2ÖÖdoes it really hurt anyone???

Some of you people seem as if you are never happy or content. Something gloomy every day.

Let's jump on Christmas. Fat guy in a red suit that doesn't existÖÖÖteaching kids about fantasy people, that can't be good. Shaming fat peopleÖterrible.. Cutting down treesÖare you kidding me. All that paper wasted.

Someone needs to get on this.
    Did you know they didnít even have pie ingredients?

Well, they did get killed off for their efforts with tobacco and they didn't last long enough to get royalties for their efforts. But white men made mad money off tobacco to this day. Quit being a white ethnic-central snowflake. America is an empire of course there will negative blowback from that.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast