Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah Quickley has a really nice floater game, but he has struggled mightily finishing at the rim. However he made up for that some by getting to the line at a really good rate for someone who rarely drove to the basket. If he can do that and hit 3s like hes done, hell be golden. I love that his on-ball defense is above average too.
    I was very pleased when I saw that he was taking 5.2 FTA per game. That's a solid number for a 6'3 college player who plays 33mpg. I consider anyone getting >7 FTA per game in the NBA to be all-star territory so it's good to see someone like him who can shoot the ball so well getting to the line that much. I know there is all this Thibs / rookies talk going on but I'd love to see this guy getting 20mpg off the bench pretty early in the season. I think he can give us two 3's and a 2-2 from the free throw line for 8 points every night with good defense and spacing.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Yeah Quickley has a really nice floater game, but he has struggled mightily finishing at the rim. However he made up for that some by getting to the line at a really good rate for someone who rarely drove to the basket. If he can do that and hit 3s like hes done, hell be golden. I love that his on-ball defense is above average too.
    You dont need to be great at finishing around the rim if your shot is that good and your that good at getting your shot off, and can get to the ft line.

Fvv is terrible at finishing around the rim with his mini arms.

That's why I think quickly could be really good, he doesnt have weaknesses that will really hurt his game imo.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 11-21-2020 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    You dont need to be great at finishing around the rim if your shot is that good and your that good at getting your shot off, and can get to the ft line.

Fvv is terrible at finishing around the rim with his mini arms.

That's why I think quickly could be really good, he doesnt have weaknesses that will really hurt his game imo.
    Yeah its not a big concern.

I dont see him becoming that kind of facilitator but a 2 way combo guard is useful either way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually think Quickley fits nicely as a combo-guard in between Frank and RJ. Can play both on and off the ball and is obviously a lights out shooter. Benefit of playing next to Frank is that Quickley can matchup defensively against the smaller players.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    I actually think Quickley fits nicely as a combo-guard in between Frank and RJ. Can play both on and off the ball and is obviously a lights out shooter. Benefit of playing next to Frank is that Quickley can matchup defensively against the smaller players.
    Quickley can match up with 1s and 2s its very good. I think he should play
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Another good pick. Could end up being a really solid sniper/defender

2 way player that can shoot the lights out huge
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

That shooting form doe.

Like a higher iq buddy heild, with defense.

Thats my comparison for him.

People keep bringing up the prospects at guard we could of drafted over him. None of those guys play defense, and none of them can get around a screen for their life.

Thats not a flashy thing for fans, but to nba coaches that's huge. Thats why we drafted quickly over those other guys, only guy I would of drafted over him at that spot is Flynn.

My only question is, this kid is sooooo good right? Then how come so many teams passed on him?

Fred VanVleet is the poor man's Deron Williams if Deron Williams laid off the Popeyes chicken near Canal Street and Lafayette. Good shooter but flops around like a toddle around the rim.

Quixley looks more composed and has the potential for a better game but again, I'm curious....

This is a weak draft. Why was he left on the board for so long if he can shoot out the moon?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    My only question is, this kid is sooooo good right? Then how come so many teams passed on him?

Fred VanVleet is the poor man's Deron Williams if Deron Williams laid off the Popeyes chicken near Canal Street and Lafayette. Good shooter but flops around like a toddle around the rim.

Quixley looks more composed and has the potential for a better game but again, I'm curious....

This is a weak draft. Why was he left on the board for so long if he can shoot out the moon?
    Because he is only 6'3 and doesn't have the passing skills to play PG.

If he was 6'7 with the same exact game he probably goes closer to 10.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    if they pan out yes that's a good trio.

Don't be fooled by Quickley being 6'3, he has the wingspan of a SF. You guard with your hands and length not your head.

Mitch
    Obi
    RJ
    Frank
    Quickley

is a nice fit if they all kinda sorta pan out at least.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast