Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Holy **** the Dolphins pulled Tua.

If Flo decides to go back to Fitz after this week I will ****ing scream.

It looks like he got hurt on the 6th sack but no injury has been reported.. He's limping a bit on the sideline. But I'll be honest, as much as I want this win, I want Fitz to throw a pick six so bad. Last thing I want is Flo to get too ballsy.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-22-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Welp Fitz threw and end zone INT. Some things never change.

That was the most embarrassing lost since the Bills game. I've been saying that its impressive that this team is playing better than they should, but this showed that they still have to grow. Just too many important pieces missing. Dline still needs help, we desperately need a real MLB. And offense has a ton of work.

The worst part of this loss is just how poor the offense played. Oline looked completely unprepared, and had no idea how to stop the stunts. I really wouldn't hate it if we still looked to get another OG and a C. But Gailey also gave Tua no help. Did nothing to slow down the rush. This was the worst called game since New England.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-22-2020 at 08:17 PM.

The offense looks much better with Fitz than Tua.

I think the Dolphins will have to make a decision of do they want to let Tua get experience or increase their odds of making the playoffs and start Fitz.

Flores said Tua wasn't injured and that switching QBs "was best move at that point in the game He gave us best chance to win the game."

He followed it up by saying Tua is the starter next week against the Jets.

This dude is seriously about to bench Tua. I can feel it in my bones. Even if he doesn't, this is a terrible decision by Flo. He said he's not worried about hurting Tua's confidence, but why risk it? You start Tua because you know he will grow and learn from his mistakes. Making this move means Tua will constantly be thinking if he doesn't make a play that he could get pulled.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-22-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Flores said Tua wasn't injured and that switching QBs "was best move at that point in the game He gave us best chance to win the game."

He followed it up by saying Tua is the starter next week against the Jets.

This dude is seriously about to bench Tua. I can feel it in my bones.
    Everyone wants Tua to succeed, but in the last 4 weeks Tua has only been able to move this team consistently on a few drives. I am not saying he isn't the future or that he is a bust, but he is not ready to lead a playoff contending team. Our defense has created chances for Tua to succeed the last 3 weeks, this week the defense played Ok and it showed that Tua is not ready to win games.

Flores is eventually going to have to decide between developing for the future or make a play for the playoffs. I don't see how anyone can argue against Fitz giving us the best chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Everyone wants Tua to succeed, but in the last 4 weeks Tua has only been able to move this team consistently on a few drives. I am not saying he isn't the future or that he is a bust, but he is not ready to lead a playoff contending team. Our defense has created chances for Tua to succeed the last 3 weeks, this week the defense played Ok and it showed that Tua is not ready to win games.

Flores is eventually going to have to decide between developing for the future or make a play for the playoffs. I don't see how anyone can argue against Fitz giving us the best chance to win.
    Fitz literally stared down Parker in the red zone and tried throwing it away two more times. This offense is currently built to play back yard football. Fitz can come in with no pressure and just try throwing it up to Parker and Geiscki. That doesn't mean the offense as a whole is better. Do you not remember how terrible the red zone offense was under Fitz? That INT was the first time we haven't scored in that situation since Tua took over.

I've been saying all season that the ceiling on this offense is capped because it just doesn't have the talent. Tua was bad, but it was absolutely a combination of everything not working. Fitz doesn't fix that.

Again, Tua's development is more important than Fitz just throwing it up to Geiscki. You need him to play through his bad games and work it out mentally.

I know Flo always says he doesn't care about the long term for the team, he's more focused on the right now. But Jesus this was your first chance to see how Tua can perform in the 4th qtr when he had been dominated all day.

Let him go out there and try to win the game. Sure, he got to see that he was holding the ball too long when Fitz came in and just started getting completions. But I just cannot see how thats more beneficial than letting him try a no huddle with the team down by 10.

Edit: Fitz just talked to thr media. He said this is clearly Tua's team and there's no controversy, but that Flo came over and said "we need a spark, we're going to the hurry-up". Again, I understand that Fitz might be better at that right now with these weapons, but you've gotta let Tua get reps like that. He hasn't had to deal with much pressure outside of the end of the Cardinals game. Let him continue to learn.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-22-2020 at 08:50 PM.

Welp Fitz threw and end zone INT. Some things never change.

That was the most embarrassing lost since the Bills game. I've been saying that its impressive that this team is playing better than they should, but this showed that they still have to grow. Just too many important pieces missing. Dline still needs help, we desperately need a real MLB. And offense has a ton of work.

The worst part of this loss is just how poor the offense played. Oline looked completely unprepared, and had no idea how to stop the stunts. I really wouldn't hate it if we still looked to get another OG and a C. But Gailey also gave Tua no help. Did nothing to slow down the rush. This was the worst called game since New England.
    Yes after raving about the coaching this year, this looked like a below par coaching job to me. No ability to adapt to the fact that Denver repeatedly burned us outside, especially when we sent pressure. We do still need some pieces, but this just didn't look like the well-prepared machine we have been watching. I also agree with the boys at halftime saying some tape is now out on Tua. His turn to adapt and counter now. I always expect it after about 4 games. This was after 3. Still waiting for it to happen to Patrick Mahomes lol.
    But Tua needs some help too.
    Last edited by Dolphin North; 11-22-2020 at 08:50 PM.

What a year Van Ginkel is having! Love watching him play. Also noticing what a great "hands catcher" Geseicki is. I wish we'd throw his way more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
    What a year Van Ginkel is having! Love watching him play. Also noticing what a great "hands catcher" Geseicki is. I wish we'd throw his way more often.
    All of the fears we had about Gailey using Geiscki have come to fruition. The Broncos have been terrible defending tight ends all season and they drew up no plays for him.

I still can't believe Flores benched Tua. Its just so short sighted and there's so many things that can go wrong from this one decision. So dumb.

This team has like 5 guys on offense that should be playing significant snaps last year. But sure, let's throw a 38 year old backup in to throw layups to Geiscki and Parker all game and get stomped by the Chiefs in the playoffs in the first round. That's not building anything at all.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-22-2020 at 10:41 PM.

I still can't believe Flores benched Tua. Its just so short sighted and there's so many things that can go wrong from this one decision. So dumb.

This team has like 5 guys on offense that should be playing significant snaps last year. But sure, let's throw a 38 year old backup in to throw layups to Geiscki and Parker all game and get stomped by the Chiefs in the playoffs in the first round. That's not building anything at all.
    I agree. Whether you think Tua or Fitz is playing better, you start Tua all year to build something or know you need another QB. I doubt he'll play so badly we grab another QB this year, but you need to let him have the snaps to see where he gets to by this time next year. The only thing I can think that Flores was trying to do was protect him from having an 8 sack day, physically and mentally. You don;t need him getting skiddish. Not saying I agree that the time was right but that may have been part of the thinking.
    That said, Tua did leave plenty of plays on the field in Denver. Just like someone here said that Fitz was doing (I forget who), Tua had his chances early in the game and even throughout. Yes there was pressure, but he almost literally overthrew every deep pass and most intermediates. Or literally. So the question is, when he is uncomfortable as he was later in the game can he overcome it. When he is just "off" like he was early, can he sharpen it up and put the ball where he needs to more often?

Tua said he learned something after being benched watching Fitzpatrick handle the same broncos pressure that he was having trouble. Tua also said he was holding the ball too long. I would say that was the case on at least 2 sacks.

It's not a big deal getting benched. If a player can't handle being benched when playing poorly then that is more of a sign of the player rather than the benching.

Tua is a young and inexperienced player. In this case he likely learned more watching Fitz do what he couldn't and that was probably a better learning lesson then staying in and failing for 12 more minutes.
    Last edited by Plague; 11-23-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Tua is just fine. he had a bad game and was holding on to the ball too long and missed some plays.. The issue needing addressed immediately is the O-line and lack of weapons in this offense. I also think the play calling and game plan should've been addressed mid-game. I'm disappointed in that. On to the JETS with maybe 2 o-man out. (Kindley and Davis)

I'm not too worried about Tua's mental. Hes a rock up there. But it just doesn't make sense. This was Tua's first shot to get some hurry up offense. What if you need him to do it in a few weeks? You just going to call in Fitz again and never have Tua in the clutch?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast