Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have zero issues with Tua's mental handling of this. He/we should worry about is his physical health if the o-line continues to play as poorly as they did vs Denver. If they do then I'd rather have tons of roll outs for Tua or put Fitzpatrick in there to take the beating. I really don't care about the playoffs because if we do get in we will be bounced by Pit or KC. What I do care about is Tua's health because we don;t need him going through what David Carr went through.

As a fan, I needed this reality check bad. I was flying high the past couple of weeks. Tua looked so terrible. I believe a good number of the sacks and pressures were just really good coverage on the WRs and TEs, and not completely indicative of the OL as a whole, although they played terribly as well. I still don't understand how we are not getting Gesicki more involved? The dude has the 2nd best hands on the team, behind Parker. If Gesicki and Sheehan are good receving TEs, then fricken use them!

either way, a good wake up call for the team and the fan base to be honest. We're not there yet as a contender. I said we had to sweep the four games against LAC, DEN, NYJ and CIN to have a shot at the playoffs, and I meant it. This loss will come back to haunt us if we cannot take care of business against NE or LV at the tail end of the season.

I'm obviously upset about the whole Tua thing, but this loss wasn't too surprising for me. I just thought this would happen much sooner. The same issues we saw on Sunday are the same issues we saw in weeks 1, 2 and 3. Offense has no one who can create separation and can't win against physical fronts. Defense can give up runs and if they can't generate pressure on blitzes then they look average.

The most impressive thing about this season is that this coaching staff is getting more out of this roster than they should. This team still has very obvious holes and there's just things we can't fix this year, and yet we still somehow beat teams like LAR and ARI. Its why I've never been too focused on getting to the playoffs, because this roster is still nowhere near competing.

We are in the 2nd year of a rebuild. The fact that this team somehow has completely rebuilt the defense in just one offseason and we went from needing an entirely new defense to maybe only a MLB, a run stuffing DT and another pass rusher is ridiculous. The hope is that you can have a similar flip to the offense next year and then put the finishing pieces on the roster in 2022.

I legit feel like we only have 4-5 players on offense worthy of significant playing time next year. Thats Tua, Jackson, Hunt and Parker with maybe Geiscki who just isn't a scheme fit even though he's talented. If we can finish next year feeling like we're just one or two pieces away on offense then I feel very good about this team competing for a super bowl.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-25-2020 at 12:40 AM.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I'm obviously upset about the whole Tua thing, but this loss wasn't too surprising for me. I just thought this would happen much sooner. The same issues we saw on Sunday are the same issues we saw in weeks 1, 2 and 3. Offense has no one who can create separation and can't win against physical fronts. Defense can give up runs and if they can't generate pressure on blitzes then they look average.

The most impressive thing about this season is that this coaching staff is getting more out of this roster than they should. This team still has very obvious holes and there's just things we can't fix this year, and yet we still somehow beat teams like LAR and ARI. Its why I've never been too focused on getting to the playoffs, because this roster is still nowhere near competing.

We are in the 2nd year of a rebuild. The fact that this team somehow has completely rebuilt the defense in just one offseason and we went from needing an entirely new defense to maybe only a MLB, a run stuffing DT and another pass rusher is ridiculous. The hope is that you can have a similar flip to the offense next year and then put the finishing pieces on the roster in 2022.

I legit feel like we only have 4-5 players on offense worthy of significant playing time next year. Thats Tua, Jackson, Hunt and Parker with maybe Geiscki who just isn't a scheme fit even though he's talented. If we can finish next year feeling like we're just one or two pieces away on offense then I feel very good about this team competing for a super bowl.
    In my opinion right now when talking about the offensive skilled positions Parker is the only player that is good enough to be starting on a playoff quality team. All the other players either lack talent or are lacking experience.

We are 5-1 in the last 6 games beating some really good teams. The sky is not falling. Tennessee is a good team, I expect them to be a playoff team. Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Buffalo and Tennessee will all make the playoffs with Buffalo being the worst of the 5

Baltimore is not the same team they were last season. I have watched them a lot recently and they are a very mediocre team, and if this game plays Thurs you can peg Balt for a loss. Baltimore, Las Vegas, Cleveland, and Miami are all fairly close talent wise and those 4 teams will be fighting for the last 2 spots.

Miami worries me the most as their offense is way too conservative and I can't see the defense carry us the rest of the way without the offense stepping up and playing better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123