Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Week 10: Los Angeles Chargers (2-6) @ Miami Dolphins (5-3)

Christian Wilkins and Raekwon Davis not spotted at Miami Dolphins per pool report

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

i didn't read anything about Wilkins and Davis, but if they are injured, we're up poops creek without a paddle.

I expect this to be another high scoring game, but I think Herbert commits more turnovers than Tua, which leads to a Phins win. I expect Howard on Allen and Jones on Williams. And Rowe has been doing really well against TEs'. SD OL is struggling a little bit as well, especially if Bulaga is out. I think we will confuse Herbert with our looks and pressure him multiple times throughout the game, with a sack or two mixed in.

I envision Gesicki as our main slot guy this week, and Grant promoted to WR2 on the outside. If grant can keep one of the safeties busy as they have to cover over the top, Gesicki should feast.

MIA 31
    LAC 27

The #Dolphins are placing LB Kyle Van Noy, DL Christian Wilkins and practice squad WR Matt Cole on the Reserve/COVID-19 list and removing WR/RB Lynn Bowden from the list, Iím told.

Raekwons absence was not injury related. Was worried that he would be at risk of a close contact with Wilkins or something.

Absolutely brutal considering the next two teams absolutely want to run the ball down our throat. Id expect to see Strowbridge and Benito Jones get significant playing time. LA and Denver would love to run the ball so losing a DT and LB like Van Noy is huge.

I liked our matchup on Defense coming into the game, but this hurts a lot. Two players that aren't the big stats guys, but absolutely critical to how the defense is performing. Figure it has to be on Tua again this week if we're going to win.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-12-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Did not know this coming into the game but the Chargers have the 8th best running attack in the league at 135.6 yards per game.

When I looked at this 4 game stretch this was always the game that worried me. Herbert is playing incredible but I didnt know their run game was THIS good even with all the injuries. Could be a long one on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Did not know this coming into the game but the Chargers have the 8th best running attack in the league at 135.6 yards per game.

When I looked at this 4 game stretch this was always the game that worried me. Herbert is playing incredible but I didnt know their run game was THIS good even with all the injuries. Could be a long one on Sunday.
    Is that stat with Herbert's rushing yards or without?

Because I'm pretty certain I'm not to worried about ballage running wild on us.

Do Van Noy and Wilkins have Covid or just close contact? If close contact the key now becomes which day, if the day was Monday they can play sunday, if Tuesday or later they will be ruled out for sunday.

^^^^Barry is reporting that at least with Van Noy it is just a close contact. Both practiced yesterday so I think its safe to expect both of them out this week.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Is that stat with Herbert's rushing yards or without?

Because I'm pretty certain I'm not to worried about ballage running wild on us.
    Just total yardage, but even if thats primarily because of Herbert then thats even scarier. You know how we are against mobile QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    ^^^^Barry is reporting that at least with Van Noy it is just a close contact. Both practiced yesterday so I think its safe to expect both of them out this week.

Just total yardage, but even if thats primarily because of Herbert then thats even scarier. You know how we are against mobile QBs.
    Ya but that's a big difference than facing a legit good rushing team.

Its not the end of the world if a qb gets some big runs on you. We shut down Arizonas run game and shut down Hopkins. Murray still had a big game, but when it mattered they still had no run game or Hopkins to depend on.

boy, with Van Noy and Wilkins out, its going to be hard on our back-ups. next man up mentality will be needed. I still think we get some coverage sacks. I have full confidence that Howard can lock-down Allen 1 on 1. Jones vs. Williams will be interesting. But lock those two down, and force Henry to try and find the zones in the middle, I can see some coverage sacks. I still have confidence that Miami wins, I just think Miami has the better scheme, coaching, and players all around.

Who remembers when the patriots had multiple positive cases and the NFL moved their game back so those guys could test negative and play.

I dunno why nfl cant do that for us.

Everyone except for the Covid players returned to practice. So at least we'll have Raekwon who I think will be very important this week. Also means Brieda has a chance to play.

Van Noy hurts because of his intelligence, but I'm ok with Kamu and Egg getting more snaps. Both are good blitzers and have coverage ability. We're going to give up yards on the ground no matter what, so Im OK with getting more speed on the field to pressure Herbert.

I want to see Strowbridge step up big. He's not going to get the sacks, but he can try and set the edge in the run game a bit. Also, time for Seiler to prove he's worth an extension. Another big challenge for this defense being down some key starters. If they can win this game, we're on our way!

I want to see Howard on Allen, Jones on Williams, and Rowe on Henry, all man coverage. Lets see what Herbert can do when he's got his targets locked up.

#Chargers injury report heading to Miami:
    OUT: RB Justin Jackson (knee) DE Joey Bosa (concussion)
    Questionable: RT Bryan Bulaga (back) RG Trai Turner (groin) RB Troymaine Pope (concussion)

Flo said both Wilkins and Van Noy would be unavailable because they are on the list, but did not specify that they are out. Have to know by 4pm tomorrow if they are off the list or not, but I still think its doubtful.

Boss being out is absolutely HUGE, but Ingram is still a huge problem espcially since he primarily plays on the left side. Also means that we get a Ballage revenge game.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-13-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Dolphins will still be without QB coach, outside LB coach and DL coach Sunday due to COVID. Breida, Jamal Perry and Smythe all questionable

We have elevated DT Benito Jones and TE Chris Myarick as COVID-19 replacements for Sundayís game.

We have activated LB Kyle Van Noy off the reserve/COVID-19 list and elevated WR Antonio Callaway to the active roster for Sundayís game.

Well at least we got Van Noy. Im excited to see who steps up at WR. Tons of names but no one with any real production.

Edit: Schefter is reporting Brieda will not play, but has a chance to play next week.
    Last edited by KodytheKing; 11-15-2020 at 02:39 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast