Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Jury still out on Rose. Theyíve made a couple of savvy moves already, but weíll see. Reserving judgment until after next offseason.
    Can see the appeal for Rose if the plan is to build through free agency somehow, but this is his first time in a managerial position and there's no reason to believe that he'll know what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    It was awful..

Unless we scored in FA, it was no doubt a bad move. So youíre right, no use arguing. Prioritizing cap space, then not even needing it. And worse, jumping on one of the first offers, and barely even contacting other teams. What other FO does that?
    You and others just ignore that KP is way beyond injury prone with a max cap hit. That's why there's no point in arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    You and others just ignore that KP is way beyond injury prone with a max cap hit. That's why there's no point in arguing.
    Itís not ignoring that..

Itís easy to see. We prioritized cap room over assets. Rushed it when one team offered us cap. Instead of maximizing the return, we rushed. Cuban played us, likely said take it or leave it. We got minimal assets, in exchange for moving Lee and THJs contracts. And then did pretty much nothing with that space.

If there was ďa sure thingĒ we needed the 2 max cap space, then ok, I get it. But we struck out badly. Got almost nothing. And 2 protected picks. Youíre right, thereís no reason to argue it. Terrible move.

I could care less if we get lucky with the picks. If we do, great, Iíll be happy. But itís still a bad move on paper. Looked extremely foolish, and desperate. And we let KP completely bully us.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-29-2020 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Can see the appeal for Rose if the plan is to build through free agency somehow, but this is his first time in a managerial position and there's no reason to believe that he'll know what he's doing.
    I mean he went in and had a pretty quiet first offseason got some extra 2ndz for nothing and kept our flexibility for the future. Next offseason so when you can judge him. Also obi if obi is good thatís a huge first draft for him.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I wonder if he can bake? Probably a morale booster to bring the team fresh madeleines, baguettes, croissants once in a while
    Iím french - and I have to admit...thatís hilarious !!
    [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
    Lol.

Yeah.

With trepidation, I am hoping for the best with CAA Emperor/Knick Team President Leon Rose. He's trying to change the perception of the Knicks by using his CAA credentials while locking MSG Chairman, James Dolan locked up in a closet with a bottle of Jim Bean.

First year of ANY Team President is undoing the mess of the previous Team President. Former TP Steve Mills was an epic douche bag. PTI Co-Host and former Chicago Tribune writer Michael Wilbon talked about how the Knicks employ the MOST Black Americans in the NBA. While I think that's great I gotta wonder, "How can someone so incompetent be employed this long?"

The Knicks are starting over. I mean, completely over.

Old Man Toppin is the first cornerstone in Leon Rose's tenure. He'll be fine. He'll dunk a lot. Like Blake Griffin and Amare, he'll put up a lot of points with an unbelievable high FG%.

But he's a finisher. He doesn't make anyone around him better.

Hence, he won't move the needle. The Knicks will still be atrocious until they address the point guard position.

IF the Knicks are so bad, they win the Cade Cunningham sweepstakes, then we'll all celebrate the nightmare being over.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I mean he went in and had a pretty quiet first offseason got some extra 2ndz for nothing and kept our flexibility for the future. Next offseason so when you can judge him. Also obi if obi is good thatís a huge first draft for him.
    I haven't judged him. Maybe he hits it out of the park his first go around. We have to give him a shot by default. But he has no body of work to go by that leads me to be more optimistic compared to some proven commodities that could have filled the position.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Nah man big man two man game is just outdated, slow, ugly basketball that doesnít work. Thereís a reason some of our best lineups were actually the Bullock-Portis (and Dot) groups (with Frank & Mitch mind you), and itís not just because Bobby Portis is the greatest player to ever grace the hardwood [emoji41]
    Two man game is outdated? What do u call a pick and roll? Youíre back on this ďnot modernĒ crap. Just stick with Payton sucks.

But in terms of stats, surprisingly enough, Payton/Randle/Mitch splits are superb. Now slide Obi in for Randle and nobody is complaining about this 2 man game anymore and they are instead saying how well Obi plays with a PG who knows how to feed him.

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

I donít think the Payton/RJ/Randle debate is more than Paytonís (only) strength is hitting bigs in their spots and not offering much to a wing who canít shoot. So obviously he would look to Randle and had trouble with RJ. Payton will be good with Obi just like he is with Randle and probably continue to struggle with RJ unless RJ gets more assertive and better as a perimeter scorer. When your scraping the bottom of the barrel for a PG your not gonna find a guy who does it all.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Two man game is outdated? What do u call a pick and roll? Youíre back on this ďnot modernĒ crap. Just stick with Payton sucks.

But in terms of stats, surprisingly enough, Payton/Randle/Mitch splits are superb. Now slide Obi in for Randle and nobody is complaining about this 2 man game anymore and they are instead saying how well Obi plays with a PG who knows how to feed him.
    Let me clarify: itís not two man game is outdated, itís when youíre passing to one guy over and over (30-35% of his passes to Randle) the offense becomes painfully predictable. Predictable offense is the easiest to defend.

Thatís it. And nothing about a 27 win team or whatever we got last year is superb. The Knicks suck, and yet we decided to bring back our trash PG from last year instead of just tanking with Frank & DSJ in contract years and giving Jared Harper some time. Or we couldíve actually spent a later draft pick on Flynn or Terry since we passed on Kira & Cole early. But whatever itís just mismanagement imo Iím used to it with this team.

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I donít think the Payton/RJ/Randle debate is more than Paytonís (only) strength is hitting bigs in their spots and not offering much to a wing who canít shoot. So obviously he would look to Randle and had trouble with RJ. Payton will be good with Obi just like he is with Randle and probably continue to struggle with RJ unless RJ gets more assertive and better as a perimeter scorer. When your scraping the bottom of the barrel for a PG your not gonna find a guy who does it all.
    I think if JR didnít get enough touches I think its likely part Paytonís fault, part JR, and part coaching. Paytons fault for flat out not calling JR number and having him clear out or run screen roll more, part the coach for the same, and part JR bc he isnít accustomed to and needs to improve his off ball motion and confidence as a catch and shoot player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Can we stop talking about the great 2 man game of randle and Payton like we all didn't just watch it look like a complete failure last year?

These 2 dudes pretending that are Stockton and Malone is the worst ish I've ever watched in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Can we stop talking about the great 2 man game of randle and Payton like we all didn't just watch it look like a complete failure last year?

These 2 dudes pretending that are Stockton and Malone is the worst ish I've ever watched in my life.
    Not only was it the least fun thing to watch, we also got our teeth kicked in a substantial amount of the time. And when we weren't getting rolled, we were just hurting our draft positioning.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

I think Stockton and Malone could do it better right now, than what we saw last year

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Not only was it the least fun thing to watch, we also got our teeth kicked in a substantial amount of the time. And when we weren't getting rolled, we were just hurting our draft positioning.
    I remember RJ just standing there and Payton and Randle wouldn't let him touch the ball for massive stretches of the game, It was ridiculous.

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast