Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    I think I read somewhere that Detroit took themselves out of the FVV running last night with their trades, and PHX has traded for CP3 so if we want FVV he is likely our to get. I don't think TOR is gonna go to high to retain him.

FVV + Bogs or Harris or Hayward makes a lot of sense.

Fred - RJ - Hayward - Obi - Mitch is fun enough to get me excited.

Also I for one am happy we got a 22 y/o that should produce right away. Sick of these raw projects and hearing everyone say we have to wait 4 years for them to show any signs of being a decent player.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    We need a PG pretty badly. Plus where will Toppin play? Do we have to trade Randle now and did we lose our leverage? Look I'm rooting for Obi to crush it but I'm concerned about our starting 5. Do you trust Frank or Payton all year
    There is no way the Knicks go into next year with Frank and Payton at PG. They will upgrade, even if we don't get a star there we will have an upgrade.

I am surprised how negative people are.over this pick. I guess I shouldn’t be it is what we do. But this is our 4 long term. And that is a +.

I get some reservations over him being so good in the pick and roll when we have Mitch but A) having one big in each side that can pick and roll can be used to throw the balance of the defense off and attack the weaker side. Plus the threat of one rolling could cause help to come and open the backside for the other.

This would be a spacing problem if Obi couldn’t shoot but he can. He can spot up, pick and pop and get his own shot.

He had some defensive issues at times but have anyone who has actually seen him actually hated his defense when he was not actively avoiding foul trouble? Cause he is not lock down but he is above average on defense and can use Mitch’s help to play tighten

Please no one ever bring up Randle as a reason not to improve. Let’s focus on winning players

All we need to worry about now is PG. then you can bring in players that fit around RJ. Meaning to slide him to the 2 or 3 depending on who we bring in

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

I heard its worth more points if you put the ball between your legs when you dunk so there is that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-19-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I heard it worth more points if you put the ball between your legs when you dunk so there is that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have two between my legs that I always dunk in the toilet when I sit. I should be very, very rich.
    I will call my agent.

Ignorance is bliss

cant think of a single team built around an inside scoring PF

How is Obi's handles for a big? Can he play outside-in?

For some reason in my head I keep thinking (best case) an athletic Nikola Jokic.

IDK, I usually get a good feeling when a team is laser focused on one dude in a draft full of parity. I trust the guys Leon brought in. I think he will be a beast even though, on paper, a scoring PF with bad D is like the last thing we need. But games aren't played on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    How is Obi's handles for a big? Can he play outside-in?

For some reason in my head I keep thinking (best case) an athletic Nikola Jokic.
    not a passer at all. He's basically Amare light.

Says he models himself after AD, but he can't protect the rim like AD so he can't play C.

Not seeing the fit here in today's game.

i need Smood to tell me this is ok...lol

I'm fine with Obi Toppin at 8. I'm just glad Toppin fell and we didn't have to trade up for him. I have my concerns about his defense like everyone else but you can't pass up his talent offensively at 8 in this draft. Especially with Killian Hayes off the board. I would have been perfectly happy with Kira Lewis Jr. and Vassell as well. I was not high on Haliburton at all and I'm glad we passed on him. Maybe it will come to bite me in the *** but I never viewed him as the solution at PG.

But Toppin seems to be Leon Rose and Walt Perrin's main target so happy for them they got their guy. Let's hope it works out. We need Toppin to be a homerun. We cannot have him become another Ntilikina or Knox. We need Toppin to play and have an impact from day one. No excuses.
    Last edited by beagleboss; 11-19-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    not a passer at all. He's basically Amare light.

Says he models himself after AD, but he can't protect the rim like AD so he can't play C.

Not seeing the fit here in today's game.
    I definitely heard somewhere yesterday that he was a really good passer. Don't know if it was on ESPN or elsewhere. Maybe I'm dreaming.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    cant think of a single team built around an inside scoring PF
    Chris Webber, Sac Kings
    `

Page 2 of 126 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast