Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    If heís averaging 22 and 8( in his prime ) on 48/75/38 splits I donít give a **** about his defense. As long as itís not the worst in the world (which I canít imagine heís worse than Randle/Kanter) itíll be fine especially with Mitch behind him. We need to hope we can find a PG they can make it easier on him RJ and Mitch
    I wouldn't go that far lol. It will matter how he's getting his points and what his overall offensive production is in comparison to his defense. Even if he ends up being a slightly below average defender, I think that'll be fine. Although he's a bad defender, he's somewhat of a defensive playmaker if that makes sense...he averaged over a block and a steal per game. If that continues and he just understands team defense, that should get him to where he needs to be at minimum on that end.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far lol. It will matter how he's getting his points and what his overall offensive production is in comparison to his defense. Even if he ends up being a slightly below average defender, I think that'll be fine. Although he's a bad defender, he's somewhat of a defensive playmaker if that makes sense...he averaged over a block and a steal per game. If that continues and he just understands team defense, that should get him to where he needs to be at minimum on that end.
    I think as long as Mitch is behind him and the defense around him is solid I donít think youíll notice him getting destroyed
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I think as long as Mitch is behind him and the defense around him is solid I donít think youíll notice him getting destroyed
    Honestly if need be we should just let Mitch check the faster fours at the perimeter and let Obi camp by the rim. He really cannot defend in space out by the three point line and thatís where we will start to get in trouble. Itís gonna happen no matter what, just is what it is but hopefully he hits his ceiling on offense and is just unstoppable on that end of the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Honestly if need be we should just let Mitch check the faster fours at the perimeter and let Obi camp by the rim. He really cannot defend in space out by the three point line and thatís where we will start to get in trouble. Itís gonna happen no matter what, just is what it is but hopefully he hits his ceiling on offense and is just unstoppable on that end of the floor.
    Thibs could hopefully work on him and help him become a decent defender. Heís athletic so itís possible he can be taught better positioning and better close out.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Didnít we say the same about Randle?

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Why donít we watch his first preseason game before we decide what he can and can not do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Why donít we watch his first preseason game before we decide what he can and can not do?

I mean, if we were gonna do that weíd have to shut the forum down

I mean, if we were gonna do that weíd have to shut the forum down
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

If Iím not mistaken, werenít the Knicks top 10 or so in defense with Mike Miller?

I tried looking it up and all I could find so far is that during the 13 games prior to All Star break they were 4th. Their issue was that they were 29th in offense.

Regardless thereís proof that it worked with Randle.

He wasnít even a negative player despite what people keep saying about him.

Obis more athletic than Randle and they really didnít play Randle next to Mitch as much as they probably should have: obi hopefully shoots better than Randle so they can play it a lot
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    If Iím not mistaken, werenít the Knicks top 10 or so in defense with Mike Miller?

I tried looking it up and all I could find so far is that during the 13 games prior to All Star break they were 4th. Their issue was that they were 29th in offense.

Regardless thereís proof that it worked with Randle.

He wasnít even a negative player despite what people keep saying about him.
    Iím not sure. I do know that Payton, Randle, and Mitch actually had a really good on-off rating. So I guess weíll see how that works with Obi.

Iím not sure. I do know that Payton, Randle, and Mitch actually had a really good on-off rating. So I guess weíll see how that works with Obi.
    So proof that it works along with most of your typical stretch 4s like Duncan Robinson that play absolutely zero defense, who was on one of the best defensive teams in the league.

With Obi though...

Was just listening to the Knicks Film School pod and they had the Dayton announcer of 40 years on and he said due to Obiís super outgoing, friendly personality his mom used to call him The Mayor.

So with that I think we should pick up the monicker & dub Obi ďThe MayorĒ.

We should have picked up a small ball pf to play with Obi when he plays center. I know we signed too many players already but Amare had his Shawn Marion and Boris Diaw. Batum and Hollis-Jefferson are still available and can be valuable to defend the Jason Tatum's, Pascal Siakam's Kevin Durant's and Tobias Harris/Ben Simmons in our division.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisstyles View Post
    We should have picked up a small ball pf to play with Obi when he plays center. I know we signed too many players already but Amare had his Shawn Marion and Boris Diaw. Batum and Hollis-Jefferson are still available and can be valuable to defend the Jason Tatum's, Pascal Siakam's Kevin Durant's and Tobias Harris/Ben Simmons in our division.
    Maybe not Batum, I heard his defense has regressed.

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast