Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Ill def watch this sooner than later, thx for posting.
    No problem. The scouting video that I posted right after is good also.

I donít know what heís going to be, but both are from a legitimate draft expert and make a very strong case as to why heís worth it.

Iím hopeful.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    No problem. The scouting video that I posted right after is good also.

I donít know what heís going to be, but both are from a legitimate draft expert and make a very strong case as to why heís worth it.

Iím hopeful.
    Schmitz rookie breakdown videos are top notch, Ive watched a lot of them, just didn't watch for Obi because I didn't think he would be there, and I honestly didn't think we would draft him until the rumors went crazy the day before draft.

I still believe CAA forced him to NY, and told teams to back off, but again well never know. Also have to assume CAA and Rose know more about him than anyone else and felt comfortable with what they knew.

His lower body strength really bothers me, You really don't see him back anyone down, and against traditional centers, he got bodied often on the defensive side. Not good signs for a 22 year old.

He does make quick decisions which is a big plus, and is a solid passer, which is something id like to see become a bigger part of his game. If he can knock down the mid range, and be a good passer, he could potentially be a version or Jokic/Noah.

Noah was 3rd in mvp voting under thibs, anyone who says Noah didn't make massive improvements under thibs forgets how good he got, especially for a player who lacks any elite skills.

I think obi has a legit elite skill and thatís attacking the basket and scoring in transition. If his jumper translates he should be very good on offense. Hopefully thibs can get him to be an average defender. Just donít be as bad as Randle/Kanter man lol
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I think obi has a legit elite skill and thatís attacking the basket and scoring in transition. If his jumper translates he should be very good on offense. Hopefully thibs can get him to be an average defender. Just donít be as bad as Randle/Kanter man lol
    Traditional bigs massacred him, and that worries me a lot.

Remember when we had Amare, and complete nobodies would drop 30 on Amare? Well Obi is worse.

He really need to be a Jokic level offensive player to stay on the court. No matter how much obis defense improves it will still be a weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Been watching videos and even full games since we drafted him. I think he can shoot. He can definitely finish. You can tell he had that huge growth spurt bc his game looks a little under seasoned but he got skills. I definitely think he will be a decent shooter to. Iím concerned that he is a tweener and might be meant for a small ball 5 but Iím starting to like the pick. I think it comes down to defense and if he can find a position. He if can I pretty pumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Run the floor, cuts, screens, and generally knows how to get himself buckets playing off ball

Remember when we had Amare, and complete nobodies would drop 30 on Amare? Well Obi is worse.

He really need to be a Jokic level offensive player to stay on the court. No matter how much obis defense improves it will still be a weakness.
    This is where Iím at. Iím not thinking heís a bum or anything, Iím sure he will put up some numbers. But really, itís tough to say you need someone to be elite offensively Overall for him to likely be a plus player. No matter how good you might think someone is, thatís a lot to ask or hope for

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    This is where Iím at. Iím not thinking heís a bum or anything, Iím sure he will put up some numbers. But really, itís tough to say you need someone to be elite offensively Overall for him to likely be a plus player. No matter how good you might think someone is, thatís a lot to ask or hope for
    Iím going to have to see him against NBA players to really make any judgement. It tough to see how he will fair at different spots and on defense.

He has that look Amare had where it looked like he had a rod in his back and couldnít get down on D. It concerning but he is very athletic and mobile

Last edited by ewing; 11-21-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Clearly they think he can be that, or else they wouldn't of drafted him. From where hes at right now, being 22 already, Thats a lot to ask.

You still find those siakam type players who have a ton of upside left because they started playing late, never had real coaching, didn't take the game serious, etc.

But Obi is already 22. If your a U.S. born athlete who has played basketball for a long time religiously, Your going to be far closer to your ceiling than what would be the case years ago.

These kids today play ball nonstop and go to camps with top level coaching religiously.

Clearly they think he can be that, or else they wouldn't of drafted him. From where hes at right now, being 22 already, Thats a lot to ask.

You still find those siakam type players who have a ton of upside left because they started playing late, never had real coaching, didn't take the game serious, etc.

But Obi is already 22. If your a U.S. born athlete who has played basketball for a long time religiously, Your going to be far closer to your ceiling than what would be the case years ago.

These kids today play ball nonstop and go to camps with top level coaching religiously.
    This kid grew really late. I donít think he is a finished product. Itís almost like he started playing late

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Iím going to have to see him against NBA players to really make any judgement. It tough to see how he will fair at different spots and on defense.

He has that look Amare had where it looked like he had a rod in his back and couldnít get down on D. It concerning but he is very athletic and mobile

I agree with this 100%, how stiff obi looks really bothers me. Especially with those weird high shoulders he has, and the fact he has no lower body strength.

I keep seeing that Amare comparison, but Amare moved so fluid, and with so much explosiveness. Obi doesn't move like that.

Yeah I remember. Iím hopinghe can be elite on offense
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Iím just having a hard-time believing that a dude who is mainly a dunker with nearly 95% of his buckets coming within 5 feet of the paint, is suddenly going to start spacing the floor and become this elite offensive player. Specially when you factor in our roster composition and how Mitch clogs up the paint for him as well. Our roster continues to be a weird/awkward fit.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Iím just having a hard-time believing that a dude who is mainly a dunker with nearly 95% of his buckets coming within 5 feet of the paint, is suddenly going to start spacing the floor and become this elite offensive player. Specially when you factor in our roster composition and how Mitch clogs up the paint for him as well. Our roster continues to be a weird/awkward fit.
    He did shoot 2.6 3s bur yeah I doubt heís gonna be elite at it right away but whoís to say he wonít get better. I do like him and RJ in transition

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    3/10 or 43/103...which likely tells you more?
    End of the day he seems better than Randle in literally every aspect, Iím excited to see him here, canít wait for this season to get underway.

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast