Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 118 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1887

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/benritholtznba/s...539030528?s=21

I think it’s more coincidence than correlation but interesting nonetheless.
    Probably some luck to it but on the other hand he was very good against the Bucks and I remember one other game he started where and Thibs had him picking up screen roll real high and scrambling back after trapping the guard. It was right after some really bad defensive performances by the team. He did well that game to. He lacks a baseline of skill I think is needed to be a positive impact player over extended mins. I think u have to be able to catch a ball, have some gravity on cuts, be a connector to some degree... We’ve always been better with Gibson . Mitch hasn’t been good either but I think he is more capable. Both have been bad offensively and Noel probably has been better defensively so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-26-2021 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Tommy Beer
    @TommyBeer
    ·
    7h
    Obi Toppin's per-36 minute averages this season:
    18.9 points,
    8.5 rebounds,
    2.5 assists
    2.0 blocks

Obi is one of only three players in the NBA averaging more than 18 points, 8 boards, 2 dimes and 2+ blocks per game.

The other two are:
    Giannis Antetokounmpo and Anthony Davis
    What did u think about Obi/Randle against those Laker bigs (D12, AD, and Jordan)?

The usual answer I expected people to say about Noel. The easy way out "he sucks anyway". For some reason the defense is a lot better with Noel, that alone has made him much better than Mitch who has missed a lot of assignments on defense. Noel seems to protect the rim better too and NBA players seem to be more hesitant to take it to Noel.

I would like to see if anybody can show Noel and Mitch rim protection stats the last 2 or 3 years. For some reason I thought I heard someone say Mitch was at 65 percent at the rim last year as opposed to Noel who I believe was at 52 percent.

https://www.thestrick.land/strick/hw...opping-popping

“Let Obi roll”

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What did u think about Obi/Randle against those Laker bigs (D12, AD, and Jordan)?

obi has earned the court time, he should not get less than 20 min till he proves he can't handle them, it's time, Thibs gives others and I don't like Thibs excuse of rim protection is lost because Obi is right there per 36, so lets see what happens, and what if Noel does a couple more things on the rim protection Obi more than makes up for it with movement, pace, and much better hands with alley oops and better shooter.

Let the kid play, personnally the game is more fun to watch when he's on the court and that goes for IQ as well, just like watching our soph's play

obi has earned the court time, he should not get less than 20 min till he proves he can't handle them, it's time, Thibs gives others and I don't like Thibs excuse of rim protection is lost because Obi is right there per 36, so lets see what happens, and what if Noel does a couple more things on the rim protection Obi more than makes up for it with movement, pace, and much better hands with alley oops and better shooter.

Let the kid play, personnally the game is more fun to watch when he's on the court and that goes for IQ as well, just like watching our soph's play
    Agreed. Toppin is the funnest Knick since Lin and if it wasn’t him it might be Q

I mean, we're only 19 games into the season and just unlike some of the posters who predicted 50 wins...I'm going to wait and see where Obi Toppin is at, come February.

Let's do the decency and wait.

Personally I think 15 min is good for a second year player on a playoff team. The Knicks are allegedly not rebuilding. This is a playoff team.

We know this much. Obi Toppin is not the problem on the Knicks.

The first world problems: Kemba Walker's flat, uninspired play. Julius Randle's inconsistency. RJ Barrett's disappearing act.

Of those problems listed above, let me also be clear...Obi Toppin is not the answer either.

Fans who read SLAM magazine, play fantasy sports think it'll boost the Knicks. It won't. You need balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I mean, we're only 19 games into the season and just unlike some of the posters who predicted 50 wins...I'm going to wait and see where Obi Toppin is at, come February.

Let's do the decency and wait.

Personally I think 15 min is good for a second year player on a playoff team. The Knicks are allegedly not rebuilding. This is a playoff team.

We know this much. Obi Toppin is not the problem on the Knicks.

The first world problems: Kemba Walker's flat, uninspired play. Julius Randle's inconsistency. RJ Barrett's disappearing act.

Of those problems listed above, let me also be clear...Obi Toppin is not the answer either.

Fans who read SLAM magazine, play fantasy sports think it'll boost the Knicks. It won't. You need balance.
    It will. We’ll still lose games. It will help

Last edited by ewing; 11-26-2021 at 09:34 PM.

I’m sorry when u are having trouble scoring and you have Nerlens Noel out there it’s a problem

Last edited by ewing; 11-27-2021 at 10:36 AM.

First rough looking outing for Toppin imo.

yes he looked like last year but hopefully won't be judged on one game

Noel is horrible and won't help this team, his pick and roll defense isn't good, he can't rebound, and damn his offense is pathetic, i'm liking him less and less and his value is dropping more and more

Obi's worst game as a pro last night. The guy looked lost, incapable, and simply not talented enough. Obi's energy will keep him in the league for a long time but if it weren't for his energy, I don't think his skills would suffice.

yes he looked like last year but hopefully won't be judged on one game

Noel is horrible and won't help this team, his pick and roll defense isn't good, he can't rebound, and damn his offense is pathetic, i'm liking him less and less and his value is dropping more and more
    I wonder what will happen when teams start really paying attention to him. A lot of what he has been doing is based on teams not staying with him on cuts. At some point, they will be watching it more

Will he be as good without several easy baskets a night? It doesn’t appear his shot is improving at all

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Obi's worst game as a pro last night. The guy looked lost, incapable, and simply not talented enough. Obi's energy will keep him in the league for a long time but if it weren't for his energy, I don't think his skills would suffice.
    He is more then talented enough. The guy finishes like he is playing against children half the time. He is a monster down hill both in the half and in transition. If he can shoot he will also beat close outs with ease. Has some of the best feel and fastest processing time on the team. His handle and shooting are both rudimentary but they are both areas where he looks capable. The kid has a lot of room to grow. He bag is limited but he has a ton of raw talent. Greater then 0 all stars games for Obi.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I wonder what will happen when teams start really paying attention to him. A lot of what he has been doing is based on teams not staying with him on cuts. At some point, they will be watching it more

Will he be as good without several easy baskets a night? It doesn’t appear his shot is improving at all
    The only guy on the team most of those are easy buckets for is Obi. Elite finishers get “easy buckets”. It’s what he was built to do. What we should explore he how many he could get without a one way center and if we actually pushed the ball