Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Amar'e Stoudemire was done after 10 seasons. Blake Griffin is 31 and still not recovered from injury. Both benefited from HOF Point Guards and started at age 20 and 21 respectively.

Obi Toppin is going to be double teamed on offense...and on defense he'll be worked over. Thibs will have a lot of work on his hands with a 22 year old who might be set in his ways.

From a fantasy hoops perspective, Obi will have panache.

Whether or not he moves the needle depends entirely on who gets him the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Was just listening to the Knicks Film School pod and they had the Dayton announcer of 40 years on and he said due to Obiís super outgoing, friendly personality his mom used to call him The Mayor.

So with that I think we should pick up the monicker & dub Obi ďThe MayorĒ.
    His nickname is Obi-1. There's really no contest for any other nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    His nickname is Obi-1. There's really no contest for any other nickname.
    Haha yeah thatís good

[QUOTE=Dr. Detfink;33715727]Amar'e Stoudemire was done after 10 seasons. Blake Griffin is 31 and still not recovered from injury. Both benefited from HOF Point Guards and started at age 20 and 21 respectively.

Obi Toppin is going to be double teamed on offense...and on defense he'll be worked over. Thibs will have a lot of work on his hands with a 22 year old who might be set in his ways.

From a fantasy hoops perspective, Obi will have panache.

Whether or not he moves the needle depends entirely on who gets him the ball.[/

Obis not injury prone... and whoís doubling obi? Stop it. What the ****. I swear you just write the most ridiculous stuff on here. Stuck on his ways ? Heís a rookie that seems humble Iím sure heíll listen tO nba coaches. I didnít love the idea of obi but some of you are absolutely stupid with the concerns.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

IDK man, I didn't like the pick on paper but the more I see clips of this dude I think he might have the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I really donít question his offense, honestly on that end he does everything I want a big to do.

The other end of the floor is where Iím anticipating Kanter level problems, and tbh I think itís inescapable. Heís not going to be able to play the drop at all, he doesnít have the movement capabilities to move backward/leap back with any sort of speed. If heís by the rim itís not really an issue but the second heís in space weíre in trouble.

But hopefully heís just an absolute monster on offense which I think is absolutely possible for him

I really donít question his offense, honestly on that end he does everything I want a big to do.

The other end of the floor is where Iím anticipating Kanter level problems, and tbh I think itís inescapable. Heís not going to be able to play the drop at all, he doesnít have the movement capabilities to move backward/leap back with any sort of speed. If heís by the rim itís not really an issue but the second heís in space weíre in trouble.

But hopefully heís just an absolute monster on offense which I think is absolutely possible for him
    Smood made a good point about this yesterday, we were all talking about a guy like Bertaans being such a plus for this team. Yet with a guy like Toppin who has the complete toolkit offensively all we talk about is how his D is going to be our achilles heel forever. With stretch 4s no one ever harps on this or talks about how having an anchor behind them won't make a difference. But with all-around scoring 4s that's all you hear. It's kind of a double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Looks like Chris Bosh's skillset with Amare's mobility. He looks more mobile to me than people have been portraying but you can definitely see a little bit of east-west stiffness ala Amare.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Smood made a good point about this yesterday, we were all talking about a guy like Bertaans being such a plus for this team. Yet with a guy like Toppin who has the complete toolkit offensively all we talk about is how his D is going to be our achilles heel forever. With stretch 4s no one ever harps on this or talks about how having an anchor behind them won't make a difference. But with all-around scoring 4s that's all you hear. It's kind of a double standard.
    Thing about that is thereís no world where Iím taking Bertans before like 25th in a draft. So itís not really a comp that means anything to me.

But regardless Iím psyched to see what Obi can do here. Iím expecting a John Collins ceiling but who knows maybe he ends up a more explosive Bam/Jokic combo with playmaking and three point ability. Thatís what Iím hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    IDK man, I didn't like the pick on paper but the more I see clips of this dude I think he might have the goods.
    Thatís how I feel. Iím actually a little excited but also a little scared he might defend like Kanter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

Thing about that is thereís no world where Iím taking Bertans before like 25th in a draft. So itís not really a comp that means anything to me.

But regardless Iím psyched to see what Obi can do here. Iím expecting a John Collins ceiling but who knows maybe he ends up a more explosive Bam/Jokic combo with playmaking and three point ability. Thatís what Iím hoping for.
    If Bertens was Quickly floor Iíd be very happy

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Thatís how I feel. Iím actually a little excited but also a little scared he might defend like Kanter.

Itís gonna be both. Heís literally the most known/quantifiable entity in this draft which was part of the appeal, it was like zero guesswork picking him.

He should be great on offense. And he should be horrid on defense. I genuinely think weíre going to want Mitch chasing stretch fours at the perimeter over Obi. Either way Mitchís foul troubles are not going to get better having to work with Obi on that end. But this is a problem for Thibs to decode.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If Bertens was Quickly floor Iíd be very happy

Oh for sure. Iím actually pretty excited for Quickley, I just think he wouldíve been there 10 picks later. Heís supposedly an absolute gym rat with insane work ethic which is always very good.

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast