Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I guess. Randle & Payton just play a losing style of basketball, is what it is. Follow them for the next 5-10 years Iím pretty sure theyíll lose wherever they go as long as theyíre getting big minutes. Theyíre pointless players to give minutes to.

You can go to the 82games site or any other analytic site and see what Iím saying has merit though. The lineups with Frank plus three point threats performed better, but whatever I donít feel like arguing this anymore.

Letís just agree to agree that Bobby Portis will surpass LeBron & Jordan as GOAT in 3 seasons or less.
    You are right those guys shouldnít be foundational pieces. Itís still not as bad as starting Frank at PG. You added speed at every spot on the floor and added shooting then compared them to the non shooting slower line up with Payton and said look Frank brings pace.
    No he doesnít. He square piece weíve been trying to force in a round hole at PG for 3 years
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-26-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You are right those guys shouldnít be foundational pieces. Itís still not as bad as starting Frank at PG. You downsized the every spot on the floor and added shooting then compared them to the non shooting bigger line up with Payton and said look Frank brings pace.
    No he doesnít. He square piece weíve been trying to force in a round hole at PG for 3 years
    I guess. Point guard is the toughest position to adjust to in the league, and Frank was an 18 year old kid who weighed like 180 pounds soaking wet when we drafted him. Knicks fans donít really grasp the concept of development honestly, not every guy comes into the league dropping 15 ppg and leading their team to the playoffs. It takes time most times.

Anyway I wanted to draft a PG. I was saying trade up for Ball or hope Hayes is there, I was open to FVV, **** I was even open to CP3. So Iím not the guy whoís automatically saying start Frank at PG no matter what. Iím reasonable. I just donít wanna see Payton play lol, I wouldíve never resigned him personally.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I guess. Point guard is the toughest position to adjust to in the league, and Frank was an 18 year old kid who weighed like 180 pounds soaking wet when we drafted him. Knicks fans donít really grasp the concept of development honestly, not every guy comes into the league dropping 15 ppg and leading their team to the playoffs. It takes time most times.

Anyway I wanted to draft a PG. I was saying trade up for Ball or hope Hayes is there, I was open to FVV, **** I was even open to CP3. So Iím not the guy whoís automatically saying start Frank at PG no matter what. Iím reasonable. I just donít wanna see Payton play lol, I wouldíve never resigned him personally.
    I donít think they should have brought him back either. I also think they should end the Frank at PG experiment. 15 year old PGs know to maintain there dribble, keep the ball moving forward etc. if he played like a PG and made mistakes that would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít think they should have brought him back either. I also think they should end the Frank at PG experiment. 15 year old PGs know to maintain there dribble, keep the ball moving forward etc. if he played like a PG and made mistakes that would be different.

He was getting into the paint more at the end of this season, heís figuring it out. Once he truly realizes heís bigger than most PGs heíll be using that to his advantage as well.

But whatever itís fine to play him off ball, off the bench whatever. Really doesnít matter, good thing with him is he doesnít have to be a PG, he can play 2-3 positions. Iím just not sure Rivers is actually a PG from what many are saying, and beyond that we donít really have options (Iíd argue due to bad drafting & free agency so far). I wouldíve been curious to see Jared Harper get some minutes despite his diminutive size over Payton personally.

This is why we didn't draft a point guard

https://youtu.be/iYzPZH3bv7Y

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    This is why we didn't draft a point guard

https://youtu.be/iYzPZH3bv7Y
    Iím convinced

Live tape of Old Man Toppin.

NBA prediction: 10.5 ppg and 5.5 rpg

the 2023 dallas pick is protect, how does it work and under what circumstances can we use it? if someone can explain me?

Quote Originally Posted by Gogy View Post
    the 2023 dallas pick is protect, how does it work and under what circumstances can we use it? if someone can explain me?
    Top 10 protected. If the pick is 1-10, the Mavs keep it. 11-30 and it goes to the Knicks.

Last edited by smood999; 11-29-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Top 10 protected. If the pick is 1-10, the Mavs keep it. 11-30 and it goes to the Knicks.

Lmao what a fleece. Did we get literally anything for KP? Not including super prospect DSJ of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Lmao what a fleece. Did we get literally anything for KP? Not including super prospect DSJ of course.
    It gets worse by the day. Iím pretending it didnít even happen

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    It gets worse by the day. Iím pretending it didnít even happen
    Bad trade, but before the AD and Paul George trades later that year, were any teams getting multiple first rounders for players? The Knicks didnít even give up multiple firsts for Melo...

The structure of the trade made sense, DSJ is what killed it.

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Bad trade, but before the AD and Paul George trades later that year, were any teams getting multiple first rounders for players? The Knicks didnít even give up multiple firsts for Melo...

The structure of the trade made sense, DSJ is what killed it.
    No it didnít. It was a terrible trade. You tank for years and years to get a lottery pick that can be a true building block then deal him for two late firsts and a flyer on guy that used to be a highly rated prospect. Thats just a bad trade. I think the front office was convinced they were going to land KD and that this trade made it possible to get him and the star of his choice to play with. Without turning that cap space into gold itís just a really bad return imo

Last edited by ewing; 11-29-2020 at 12:51 PM.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast