Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Raptors have Bird rights on Fred VanVleet. No way they let him out of their grasp.

Obi Toppin means, Leon Rose wants CAA guys ready to win now.

Thibs doesn't like handing rookies the starting job but Toppin is a polished product that he may be ready to concede.

Thibs is a good fit with Russell Westbrook.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Right now I think that is the starting unit whether people like it or not.

Iím very open to adding FVV personally. Beyond him I donít even really know who weíd go after.
    I would love him. I would have to believe he is a Thibs type of player

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    It's strange how everyone but Knicks fans thinks Obi was a homerun at #8...

Most you guys are hypocrites because you always say take best talent available but now your in your feelings over Obi. He was definitely Best Talent available and it wasn't even close.

This draft based on talent went ... Edwards, Ball, Toppin... the rest are ?
    Thatís how you see it. Obviously other NBA teams didnít. I donít question his talent. I question his talent being what we need, or what most teams need/want

It's strange how everyone but Knicks fans thinks Obi was a homerun at #8...

Most you guys are hypocrites because you always say take best talent available but now your in your feelings over Obi. He was definitely Best Talent available and it wasn't even close.

This draft based on talent went ... Edwards, Ball, Toppin... the rest are ?
    Iím ok with the pick now. I just wanted Kira Lewis and wouldíve been ok with vassel. But at the end of the day this was a week draft. If you look at everyone picked ahead of Obi, they all have question marks and they all have bust potential. Non of the 7 players picked ahead of us is guaranteed to be a good player.

I donít like the obi pick but how about we wait to see him play a single game thanks.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

If he becomes Blake or amare at pick 8 you guys are nuts to think thatís not a success heís 22 not 27. We have plenty of time to get a Backcourt. We kept all of our picks and young assets. I donít like the pick/fit but Iím not gonna jump on a guy before I see him olay
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    If he becomes Blake or amare at pick 8 you guys are nuts to think thatís not a success heís 22 not 27. We have plenty of time to get a Backcourt. We kept all of our picks and young assets. I donít like the pick/fit but Iím not gonna jump on a guy before I see him olay
    This is where I am at now. He's an offensive powerhouse, lets get our PG next year in a draft that has been termed by many as "historically strong".

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    This is where I am at now. He's an offensive powerhouse, lets get our PG next year in a draft that has been termed by many as "historically strong".
    I 100% get the concerns and I understand his flaws. Iíve been very against picking him. But with the way people post in here youíd think they are rooting for him to fail. Steven A smith was crying about the pick thatís huge that means heís gonna be a star.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís what Iím not liking. All these scouts/personnel people, and they all loved Toppin, who Rose just so happens to have ties to. Smells more like Rose just wanting his guy, regardless

Who knows how much further he would have fell. If we donít take Deni, he was Washingtonís guy all along.
    I dont think he was going to fall at all, I dont think he would of fell at all had it not been for CAA probably telling teams, dont draft toppin.

I think thibs, rose, were on board with their CAA player, and CAA forced him to us.

But well never know.

Hopefully Toppin learns to play some defense because he ain't gonna survive in Thibs system if he doesn't play defense.

Toppin has a lot of offensive prowess and can become a complete monster. But if he don't play defense, he won't play under Thibs

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Toppin has a lot of offensive prowess and can become a complete monster. But if he don't play defense, he won't play under Thibs
    Thatís total nonsense. You think thibs would have benched Blake or Amare no way.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Lol itís not a stupid question heís 22 and is awful on defense thatís a lot of work for a coach to do. Some people never become an average defender
    Man stop... you don't know what kind of defender Obi is yet. Who are you getting your Intel from the same people who predicted Deni going to the Bulls...lol

I posted a video this morning of Obi play very good defense. Do your homework instead of searching for weaknesses of players who lead their team to 29-2 record.

There wasn't another player on his team that will sniff the NBA either.

Obi and his Y league teammates on Dayton beat the brakes off of #1 pick Anthony Edwards and Georgia, Virginia Tech, UMASS, VCU, St. Jose and only lost in Overtime against Kansas and Colorado. Obi played and beat some very good schools in college.

What is being over looked is Obi's basketball IQ

Man stop... you don't know what kind of defender Obi is yet. Who are you getting your Intel from the same people who predicted Deni going to the Bulls...lol

I posted a video this morning of Obi play very good defense. Do your homework instead of searching for weaknesses of players who lead their team to 29-2 record.

There wasn't another player on his team that will sniff the NBA either.

Obi and his Y league teammates on Dayton beat the brakes off of #1 pick Anthony Edwards and Georgia, Virginia Tech, UMASS, VCU, St. Jose and only lost in Overtime against Kansas and Colorado. Obi played and beat some very good schools in college.

What is being over looked is Obi's basketball IQ
    What are you talking about. He does not play very good defense. Iím all for being positive and Iím rooting for him but to say he plays good defense is absolutely hilarious. He struggles staying in front of guys and is not good in the pick and roll. Luckily we have a great shot blocker backing him up
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

What are you talking about. He does not play very good defense. Iím all for being positive and Iím rooting for him but to say he plays good defense is absolutely hilarious. He struggles staying in front of guys and is not good in the pick and roll. Luckily we have a great shot blocker backing him up
    Did you actually watch him play? Cause When I did I never saw a bad defender. I saw someone trying to absolutely avoid foul trouble that could play good defense. And even with the matador defense to avoid foul trouble he still was never abused by anyone cause he could turn it on.

I think the no defense narrative is from people who feel like you should never not play all out but Dayton has no chance if he wasnít heavily featured.

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast