Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    was yes, alot has changed in the past 10, even 3-5 years. Not sure how well Blake works today with a guy like Mitch. I mean a prime CP3 can make a lot of things work, but we don't have anyone like that.
    We are all ďassumingĒ that Mitch will have a big role on this team and weíre concerned that obi or certain players wonít fit well with him. But what if rose and thibs donít see him that way? I mean he couldnít even start last year and he didnít improve much.

Letís see what other moves we make. We need a point guard and an elite 3 point shooter at the 2/3.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    We are all ďassumingĒ that Mitch will have a big role on this team and weíre concerned that obi or certain players wonít fit well with him. But what if rose and thibs donít see him that way? I mean he couldnít even start last year and he didnít improve much.

Letís see what other moves we make. We need a point guard and an elite 3 point shooter at the 2/3.
    I'm not sold on Mitch which is why i would have moved him to get Ball.

But i'm not sold on Obi even having a position in the NBA, regardless of fit with Mitch.

heck we could have taken Jalen Smith, Bane & Terry, and then all of a sudden had a nice trade chip in Mitch to acquire a young vet.

I just can't convince myself we did well. So many assets and possibilities and we came away with another scoring PF who doesn't space the floor or defend, and an undersized SG.

Does anyone even watch the Knicks players play. We don't "NEED" a PG, we have one already in Frank. Frank plays best with bigs if you have followed his game from France and even in it's infancy within the NBA as a Knick. He has had great rapport with Taj Gibson to Mitch etc in pick n roll situations. In the World Championships, he regularly ran double screen pick and roll plays to perfection. The Knicks are building the roster to accentuate the strengths of their facilitators aka Frank/RJ.

I'm not in a rush to trade Randle right away. If anything keep him for a little while into the season so that they can ease Obi in rather than have him start right away.
    "Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

heck we could have taken Jalen Smith, Bane & Terry, and then all of a sudden had a nice trade chip in Mitch to acquire a young vet.

I just can't convince myself we did well. So many assets and possibilities and we came away with another scoring PF who doesn't space the floor or defend, and an undersized SG.
    Exactly, you can make a small argument for Toppin but what the hell were al these late first moves for??? And come away with an undersized 2??? WTH. All that moving around when we could've had Pritchard, or trading the last pick when we could've had Elijah Hughes (wing defender/shooter 6 6') or Flynn, Bane, Terry, Ramsey, or Scrubb makes no sense to me.

All i have to say is they better be right cause these moves were questionable especially due to team needs. Even Toppin is questionable when Hali was on the board and there are 20 Pf's available this yr in FA..

I'm not sold on Mitch which is why i would have moved him to get Ball.

But i'm not sold on Obi even having a position in the NBA, regardless of fit with Mitch.
    I think Golden state wanted too much for that #2 pick. I think if the price was reasonable we would have traded up for ball.

Obi was the one guy that I didnít want mainly because of his age. But Iím hoping he proves me wrong and that maybe heís a late bloomer. From what Iíve read about him is that he puts in the work and he wants to be great. Hopefully this pick works out for us.

Obi Toppin which is Tatooine for Old Model T has moves but senior to Mitchell Robinson, RJ Barrett, Kevin Knox, Dennis Smith Jr, Frank Ntilikina, Julius Randle, Scott Perry, and Yoda.

That WHOLE ESPN run draft was designed for man tears. If the camera didn't show a draft pick crying, the narrator told a story about a family member dying...

And don't get me wrong, this is important. It's THEIR moment.

History...

History isn't kind to guys from New York drafted by the Knicks:

1. Mark Jackson (1987): Pitino left and then benched by Stu Jackson in favor of Maurice Cheeks. Three seasons and out.

2. Rod Strickland (1988): Backed up Rookie of the Year Mark Jackson, then traded after 1 season to San Antonio in a deal that ultimately landed Maurice Cheeks.

New York guys signed/traded to the Knicks:

1. Stephon Marbury: Narcissist head case whose teams Minnesota, New Jersey, Phoenix all got better after he left.

2. Kyle O'Quinn: The Mighty Quinn was supposed to be a "sleepah" signing. He slipped away like a wet fart.

3. Meta World Peace aka Ron Artest: Came to the Knicks well past his prime.

4. Carmelo Anthony: Paired with DPOY Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire. Knicks never addressed the back court situation. Big time free agents said, pass.

Speaking of history....

PF: Obi Toppin
    SF: RJ Barrett
    C: Mitchell Robinson

Y'know what's wrong with this picture? Spacing.

The Knicks BETTER move Julius Randle, use that cap space to get Russell Westbrook or some dynamite point guard because it's going to take that kind of player to make these pieces work.

Seems clear, Knicks want to win NOW. Leon Rose has turned the Knicks into CAA via this draft.

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    Does anyone even watch the Knicks players play. We don't "NEED" a PG, we have one already in Frank. Frank plays best with bigs if you have followed his game from France and even in it's infancy within the NBA as a Knick. He has had great rapport with Taj Gibson to Mitch etc in pick n roll situations. In the World Championships, he regularly ran double screen pick and roll plays to perfection. The Knicks are building the roster to accentuate the strengths of their facilitators aka Frank/RJ.

I'm not in a rush to trade Randle right away. If anything keep him for a little while into the season so that they can ease Obi in rather than have him start right away.
    Frank is a terrible PG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I have to question any post that asks if we watch players play, then immediately mentions how Frank is the answer..

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

I would love them to give Frank that opportunity. I hope we see a starting rotation of
    Frank-Quickley-RJ-Obi-Mitch. I think that has a good balance of O and D. Frank needs to show he can do it in the preseason to have a shot but I understand your opinion and hope you are correct.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would love them to give Frank that opportunity. I hope we see a starting rotation of
    Frank-Quickley-RJ-Obi-Mitch. I think that has a good balance of O and D. Frank needs to show he can do it in the preseason to have a shot but I understand your opinion and hope you are correct.
    Right now I think that is the starting unit whether people like it or not.

Iím very open to adding FVV personally. Beyond him I donít even really know who weíd go after.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Either that or they made the trade for 23 in the event they had to trade up for Toppin, and when they didn't need it, they traded back down to get their guy and an extra asset.

I think the only thing clear is whatever they traded up for didn't matriculate so they traded back down.

And yes there is no point at all at adding another guy who isn't gonna get a roster spot here so might as well add a pick for the HS draft. We have guys like Iggy and Wooten on the roster already who deserve a shot, we don't need MORE late fliers.
    Yeah hopefully that was the case. If they were that high on toppin then they mustíve done their homework and truly believed that he would be a good player in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Yeah hopefully that was the case. If they were that high on toppin then they mustíve done their homework and truly believed that he would be a good player in the nba.
    It also probably doesn't hurt that he's signed to CAA.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    It also probably doesn't hurt that he's signed to CAA.
    Thatís what Iím not liking. All these scouts/personnel people, and they all loved Toppin, who Rose just so happens to have ties to. Smells more like Rose just wanting his guy, regardless

Who knows how much further he would have fell. If we donít take Deni, he was Washingtonís guy all along.

It's strange how everyone but Knicks fans thinks Obi was a homerun at #8...

Most you guys are hypocrites because you always say take best talent available but now your in your feelings over Obi. He was definitely Best Talent available and it wasn't even close.

This draft based on talent went ... Edwards, Ball, Toppin... the rest are ?

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast