Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I don't think you can peg Blake a losing player, he's had plenty of success as a winning teams #1/2. I don't think it's remotely fair to pin Detroit's woes on him or Sac's woes on Bagley. But I think the Bagley comparison is a good one.
    not pegging him as a losing player, just saying the counting stats don't reflect the kind of impact he should have had. CP3 had a much bigger impact for LAC.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Is Jokic like a Randle 2.0 situation in Denver? Jokic is horrible at defense but he can pass and shoot. Would you be mad if we drafted Jokic? Yes. Would you be mad now if you had Jokic? No. They are saying Obi can pass and shoot. I do not know if he will be good but damn. They are enamored with scoring because we are one of the worst teams at scoring.
    Obi has to be as good as Jokic offensively, to be a difference maker. Jokic is a top 10 player, and saying “he can pass” is an understatement. He’s possibly the best passer in the league. Also has shown he can dominate top teams in the playoffs. The odds Obi gets anywhere near that level are extremely slim

Obi plays nothing like Jokic

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Obi has to be as good as Jokic offensively, to be a difference maker. Jokic is a top 10 player, and saying “he can pass” is an understatement. He’s possibly the best passer in the league. Also has shown he can dominate top teams in the playoffs. The odds Obi gets anywhere near that level are extremely slim

Obi plays nothing like Jokic
    I just tell myself he is going to be the next Amare or Blake. That’s how I understand the pick lol.

At #8 this is a very good pick. I can't point to one player that has a higher upside picked after Toppin. I didn't think he would drop.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    not pegging him as a losing player, just saying the counting stats don't reflect the kind of impact he should have had. CP3 had a much bigger impact for LAC.
    The counting stats don't reflect impact on any bad team. CP3 was definitely the engine but Blake was a very capable "winning" top scorer and #2 overall player on a perennial 50+ win team in the west is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett2010 View Post
    I just tell myself he is going to be the next Amare or Blake. That’s how I understand the pick lol.
    Seriously. And even if he is, with the complete doodoo we play in the backcourt, would still mean nothing

The counting stats don't reflect impact on any bad team. CP3 was definitely the engine but Blake was a very capable "winning" top scorer and #2 overall player on a perennial 50+ win team in the west is the point.
    was yes, alot has changed in the past 10, even 3-5 years. Not sure how well Blake works today with a guy like Mitch. I mean a prime CP3 can make a lot of things work, but we don't have anyone like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    Chris Webber, Sac Kings
    Chris Webber / Karl Anthony Towns is actually a very good comparison to Obi. Great passer, runs the floor better than 90% of other bigs, lives above the rim, Obi is more explosive like a young Amare around the basket but shoots the 3 like Karl Anthony Towns who nobody thought could shoot the 3 out of college. Towns, Amare and Webber were also all considered bad defenders but defended well enough to be considered Allstars for most of their careers.

Obi is going to win over Knicks fans with his basketball IQ... like AD he started off a point guard then grew 7" freshman year college.

He sees the floor well and will compliment RJ Barrett and Mitch.

Obi was on my top 5 list so I'm very happy about the draft pick. I also think Quickly is going to surprise us as well. He reminds me of Devonte Graham... lights out scorer at the guard which we need. A good defender as well.

I think I read somewhere that Detroit took themselves out of the FVV running last night with their trades, and PHX has traded for CP3 so if we want FVV he is likely our to get. I don't think TOR is gonna go to high to retain him.

FVV + Bogs or Harris or Hayward makes a lot of sense.

Fred - RJ - Hayward - Obi - Mitch is fun enough to get me excited.

Also I for one am happy we got a 22 y/o that should produce right away. Sick of these raw projects and hearing everyone say we have to wait 4 years for them to show any signs of being a decent player.
    Detroit and Phoenix took themselves out of the FVV running. And Charlotte took themselves out of a Westbrook trade. So FVV is probably a competition between us and Toronto. Houston lost leverage because only Charlotte and the Knicks were interested in Westbrook.

Idk how I feel about this draft. I mean it was a weak draft and we had the 8th pick. But I think our FO wasn’t really sure how to rank these players. They weren’t sure if Lewis would be a reach at 8, the same thing with guys like vassel. Once Toppin was slipping they figured that they had to take him because he was ranked a top 5 pick all year. I rather have taken Lewis. Also, idk what they were doing with our second 1st round pick, they traded up then traded back down and gave away pick 33. They basically drafted the guy that we were linked to at 27.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    was yes, alot has changed in the past 10, even 3-5 years. Not sure how well Blake works today with a guy like Mitch. I mean a prime CP3 can make a lot of things work, but we don't have anyone like that.
    You still draft Blake regardless if you have CP3 or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    Detroit and Phoenix took themselves out of the FVV running. And Charlotte took themselves out of a Westbrook trade. So FVV is probably a competition between us and Toronto. Houston lost leverage because only Charlotte and the Knicks were interested in Westbrook.

Idk how I feel about this draft. I mean it was a weak draft and we had the 8th pick. But I think our FO wasn’t really sure how to rank these players. They weren’t sure if Lewis would be a reach at 8, the same thing with guys like vassel. Once Toppin was slipping they figured that they had to take him because he was ranked a top 5 pick all year. I rather have taken Lewis. Also, idk what they were doing with our second 1st round pick, they traded up then traded back down and gave away pick 33. They basically drafted the guy that we were linked to at 27.
    I like Westbrook a lot with Toppin and Mitch and shooters. Not so much with RJ on the wing. I like FVV with RJ + Obi and Mitch.

Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    Next year was supposed to be this year lol and two years ago and so on and so forth. The Knicks roster has been imbalanced for a long time now lol...

Me as a fan how do I get excited knowing more likely than not because of the roster imbalance this will be another losing season. I do not see the Kentucky pg seeing many minutes...
    If Obi turns out to be Amare/Blake and the Knicks get a PG next year in a draft that has been termed "historically strong" we wil be fine.

I just cant get over drafting a big man this bad on defense, I dont see the value in that myself.

But if they think they can turn him into an offensive juggernaut, I'll give them a chance to do it before I judge.

I will ask this again. Who here that has actually watched Obj honestly thinks he was bad on defense when he wasn’t avoiding fouls. His value was too high to get in foul trouble. Yes it is possible to develop a bad habit that way. But who here does not think he was a good defender when he was locked in?

Still can’t believe we passed on Deni.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast