Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

GT#46 Les Plus Saint Knicks (23-22) @ Milwaukee Bucks (29-15): Call to Arms

The Trade Deadline has come and gone. The Knicks may not have made any major cosmetic changes but they have All-Star General Julius Randle with Moscow Mitchell Robinson back to help defend. Should be a challenge in the Athens of America, Milwaukee with Greek god, Giannis Antetokounmpo present.

Random Thoughts:
    1. The Drummond Dilemma: Andre Drummond has been bought out. Knicks salary capologist, Brock Aller is fond of Andre Drummond but not every one in the Knicks camp is convinced that it's a necessary pursuit. Drummond will be looking to chase a ring or a 4 year deal. The Knicks need a cap space and have Mitchell Robinson who is younger, more flexible. Also Drummond won't do Obi Toppin any favors. Short-term: Yes. Long-term: No.

2. Ready or Not: Thibs and the coaching staff are going to have to work with what they have. Pretty much, from here on out, the Knicks cannot afford Julius Randle to get hurt, which is going to be a challenge. Thibs likes a short bench. The Knicks' depth is questionable at the power forward position.

3. The Mettle of Men: The Knicks schedule includes @Milwaukee, Miami, @Minnesota, Dallas, @Detroit, @Brooklyn, @Boston...This stretch will tell us a lot about the Knicks.

4. Is there a Darkhorse within the Ranks: If the Knicks will have to make due, is there a surprise break out none of us see coming? Frank Ntilikina, Kevin Knox, Obi Toppin have something to prove. Frank Ntilikina needs to just shoot the ball. It's not even about the misses but just losing the hesitation. Kevin Knox needs minutes. 11 DNP. Obi Toppin has played more games than Kevin Knox. Keep in mind, Toppin missed several games due to mild injury. Obi Toppin needs to work closer alongside Taj Gibson, Julius Randle. He should be shooting after the game like Tim Duncan used to do.

5. Finish this sentence: Elfrid Payton is...

Finally a real team lets see what we can do

Let's hope the Bucks don't blow out the Knicks like last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Let's hope the Bucks don't blow out the Knicks like last game.
    If that happens tank season will be upon us

Bucks and Greek played poorly last night, they may just take it out on the Knicks tonight.

No word on bullocks yet, i just don't want to see a Payton/Frank backcourt, maybe Rose plays tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    If that happens tank season will be upon us
    why every team in the nba gets blown out especially this year? bucks multiple times? A loss is a loss if by one or by 31?

This game means nothing except a game we are not supposed to win, and if Bullocks and Rose don't go all the more reason and Noel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    why every team in the nba gets blown out especially this year? bucks multiple times? A loss is a loss if by one or by 31?

This game means nothing except a game we are not supposed to win, and if Bullocks and Rose don't go all the more reason and Noel as well.
    Bkuz our schedule gets really hard and we still don't have a pg i was never convinced with those wiz wins

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Bkuz our schedule gets really hard and we still don't have a pg i was never convinced with those wiz wins
    funny how this forum went off on Wash when they won 5 in a row and 7 of 8.

then went south but played some tough teams including bucks twice, Nets, Nuggets, Clips, Celts and were in most of the games they lost.

I have no idea where we land but as configured we are not a top 4, 5 , 6, team which puts us in the bubble and that is not playoff experience to me, this year hurts more than helps, just leave the top 8 the top 8, we don't make that then we look for ping pong balls.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    funny how this forum went off on Wash when they won 5 in a row and 7 of 8.

then went south but played some tough teams including bucks twice, Nets, Nuggets, Clips, Celts and were in most of the games they lost.

I have no idea where we land but as configured we are not a top 4, 5 , 6, team which puts us in the bubble and that is not playoff experience to me, this year hurts more than helps, just leave the top 8 the top 8, we don't make that then we look for ping pong balls.
    Fax the play in tournament is the dumbest idea ever and I hate the all star game format an the rook sophomore game silver is ruining the nba
    Last edited by east fb knicks; 03-27-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Not feeling good about this one if we sleepwalk through a half again. Rose back would be big tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really want to see the difference against them with mitch out there since we didnt have him last time.

This game and the upcoming stretch will give us a real look at who Mitch is right now and what his value is.

Any injury updates?

I think Otto Porto jr is going to be bought out . And he is also a free agent this off season . I think the Knicks should look to pick him up for the rest of the season and try him out to see if they want to sign him next year . He could be a solid piece for us heís only 27 years old .and versatile as a sf or pf .
    He could be insurance in case randle misses some games . I think Otto just hasnít had the right opportunity yet and with the right coach in thibs and the right supporting cast he may be a good player if giving the opportunity.
    So if he gets bought out than I say pick him up ASAP .
    Also thereís rumors that John wall may get bought out as well . I would love to het him here although maybe not , having both him and rose kinda makes no sense I guess . But I sure donít think we need Drummond thatís for sure , unless he has no problem with coming off the bench and doesnít plan on messing up the chemistry thatís brewing here .

Quote Originally Posted by Brybmc868 View Post
    I think Otto Porto jr is going to be bought out . And he is also a free agent this off season . I think the Knicks should look to pick him up for the rest of the season and try him out to see if they want to sign him next year . He could be a solid piece for us heís only 27 years old .and versatile as a sf or pf .
    He could be insurance in case randle misses some games . I think Otto just hasnít had the right opportunity yet and with the right coach in thibs and the right supporting cast he may be a good player if giving the opportunity.
    So if he gets bought out than I say pick him up ASAP .
    Also thereís rumors that John wall may get bought out as well . I would love to het him here although maybe not , having both him and rose kinda makes no sense I guess . But I sure donít think we need Drummond thatís for sure , unless he has no problem with coming off the bench and doesnít plan on messing up the chemistry thatís brewing here .
    I like Otto Porter as backup 4. Obi & Knox really shouldnít be playing at all until they develop into useful pieces so just sign Porter for this season and give him 15 mins a night or whatever, Iíd be fine with it. Think we have an open roster spot anyway after cutting Poirer.

NYK@MIL
    Milwaukee Bucks

Antetokounmpo, Giannis Doubtful Injury/Illness - Left Knee; Sprain
    DiVincenzo, Donte Doubtful Injury/Illness - Left Foot; Plantar fasciitis
    Holiday, Jrue Doubtful Injury/Illness - Left Knee; Contusion
    Kurucs, Rodions Out Injury/Illness - Abdominal; Strain
    Middleton, Khris Out Injury/Illness - Left Hip; Contusion
    Portis, Bobby Out Health and Safety Protocols
    Tucker, P.J. Out Injury/Illness - Left Calf; Strain

New York Knicks

Bullock, Reggie Questionable Injury/Illness - Right Ankle; sprained
    Ferguson, Terrance Out Trade Pending