Obi is 23 today...
    Is he vaccinated? [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Is he vaccinated? [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Loll. Old man Toppin was among the first eligible.

Any long term comparisons between the success of draftees in regards to what age they were drafted ?

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Rj showed hes really good at attacking the rim and playing physical and was a pretty good scorer, worthy of being in the nba, and worth the work to continue his development.

What has Obi showed as a rookie with 3 more years college experience than RJ?

I'm not saying Obi doesn't have some good traits, he does for sure, but what is he good at consistently? Nothing.

If Obi wasn't a lottery pick there is zero doubt he wouldn't see the court.
    But he was a lottery pick. He was projected to go even higher then 8. He could be a bust. But not simply because of his age.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Any long term comparisons between the success of draftees in regards to what age they were drafted ?
    Generally speaking, when you're 22 and drafted in the lottery, the odds are against you.

But he was a lottery pick. He was projected to go even higher then 8. He could be a bust. But not simply because of his age.
    Projected was the key word. It didnít happen. There were plenty of other teams that didnít want him.

Age most definitely is a factor, for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Projected was the key word. It didnít happen. There were plenty of other teams that didnít want him.

Age most definitely is a factor, for a reason
    Ok but as people repeat that over and over as fact are there any do documention of the relative success of the success of 18 vs 19, vs 20 vs 21 vs 22 year olds when they were drafted ?

Ok but as people repeat that over and over as fact are there any do documention of the relative success of the success of 18 vs 19, vs 20 vs 21 vs 22 year olds when they were drafted ?
    The difference is between 18-20/21 years old, on one hand, and 21-22 year olds, on the other hand. And there has been posts about that historically. Can't find it now. But there's a pretty clear cut off, and history suggests that Obi will have a difficult time.

Yes. Iím not doing it, itís been discussed a lot here. Go look it up lol. There was a definite consensus that the 22 year olds picked in the lottery did not fare well. With full disclosure, I believe we cut it at a certain year, as it was more common back in the day for players to stay in college

Older players in the lottery is a small sample size, but I feel like the success rate is better recently than in the past (not counting the years where most players stayed in college for 3+ years).

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    The difference is between 18-20/21 years old, on one hand, and 21-22 year olds, on the other hand. And there has been posts about that historically. Can't find it now. But there's a pretty clear cut off, and history suggests that Obi will have a difficult time.
    People repeat things often without any numbers. So before asserting that and this let's have numbers. How much more of a difficult time for example does a 22 year old have over a 21 year old or a 20 year old ? That would make the conversation more productive.

[QUOTE=ShadyOne;33851514]Yes. Iím not doing it, itís been discussed a lot here. Go look it up lol. There was a definite consensus that the 22 year olds picked in the lottery did not fare well. With full disclosure, I believe we cut it at a certain year, as it was more common back in the day for players to stay in. I figure if folks are asserting the age issue as so clear and definitive they would have evidence.

Not saying age is not an issue. I am a soccer lover and in top leagues the best players often get sent up to top teams at 18 or 19. I don't dismiss it. Yet, Soccer vs Baseball for example have difernt maturity levels for different skills. Baseball players in the MLB are not often 18. I see the NBA as between Soccer and Baseball. I see the trend to draft 18 years olds and maybe even younger. However the NBA has trends. Perhaps this is a long term pattern but I can make arguments that 22 years olds have their own advantages. In International soccer star players emerge at 17 but others do at 22 and 23 and older.

[QUOTE=flimflamman;33851562]
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Yes. Iím not doing it, itís been discussed a lot here. Go look it up lol. There was a definite consensus that the 22 year olds picked in the lottery did not fare well. With full disclosure, I believe we cut it at a certain year, as it was more common back in the day for players to stay in. I figure if folks are asserting the age issue as so clear and definitive they would have evidence.
    Like I said..

Iím just not spending the time to look it up, or look for the post(s). Itís a subject we have 100% discussed. I know what the results were, Iím confident lol. You donít believe it, thatís fine. I do recall Kaminsky, Hansbrough among them..

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast