Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    5-4-3-2- ..... lol

Please i'm done on this its a Obi thread, post this stuff in the you know who's thread.
    I love the fact Obi is growing with limited minutes but even if you didn't see anything it would be meaningless.
    You can't expect all players to learn the game with such limited play time. Some guys actually need reps to grow.

Thank God Obi is already good enough to show the team glimpses of what he can become and surely the FO has forced Thibs to at least give him some minutes. I'm still trying to figure out why the coach seems to pull Obi out of games even when he's doing well. Maybe Thibs wants to pull him out on a high note to grow his confidence.

Obi is looking like a future stud for sure.

https://twitter.com/fraserdcoleman/s...084995584?s=21

Cool looking still of Toppin catching that pass after the CP3 block

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    https://twitter.com/fraserdcoleman/s...084995584?s=21

Cool looking still of Toppin catching that pass after the CP3 block

Yeah that was not a good pass lol. Obiís eyes definitely lit up because we rarely get fast breaks/easy points.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah that was not a good pass lol. Obiís eyes definitely lit up because we rarely get fast breaks/easy points.
    Toppin has great hands. He catches everything which he big for a finisher. He loses the ball more then you'd like if someone gets a piece of it which is annoying (maybe smaller hands/grip strength).

Probably best to trade Toppin now because his development is always going to be stunted especially playing in New York. He needs to go somewhere where he can develop firstly and thrive.

Places where you can trade Toppin to: Charlotte Hornets, Sacramento Kings, Detroit Pistons, or Cleveland Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Probably best to trade Toppin now because his development is always going to be stunted especially playing in New York. He needs to go somewhere where he can develop firstly and thrive.

Places where you can trade Toppin to: Charlotte Hornets, Sacramento Kings, Detroit Pistons, or Cleveland Cavaliers
    If you can acquire a piece you need more. However, what is the plan for the team will the team aquire pieces using other means. Let's remember the team and all teams have draft picks to aquire players to benefit their team and have it in reasonable deals. The Knicks first have the responsibility to improve the team and not to trade a player so he can grow and develop for another team. Is Dallas looking to trade Brunson being that he is stuck behind Doncic ? Even teams with all star players need to give them quality back ups

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post

Sure let's just trade another future star just because.... Good idea.

I want to take deeper dive into both rookies this week but first I want to applaud the team and our rooks for being great kids. Humble, hard working, and always looking to fit and make the right play. I really like that you can tell this was a pipe dream for Obi not long along and appreciates what he has. Love both rookies as players and teammates.

It's not worth beating a dead horse. For better or worse, the Knicks are stuck with Obi Toppin.

I hope Obi Toppin develops consistency in shooting/post up moves so he can be a hybrid NBA 6th man who has 30% Kevin McHale's post up moves plus 30% of Ricky Pierce's shooting. 40% of Obi Toppin being Obi Toppin.

With a good off-season, the Knicks have 2 significant pieces off the bench in Obi Toppin and Immanuel Quickley. With a little luck, the Knicks can be one of the deepest teams in the NBA.

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    It's not worth beating a dead horse. For better or worse, the Knicks are stuck with Obi Toppin.

I hope Obi Toppin develops consistency in shooting/post up moves so he can be a hybrid NBA 6th man who has 30% Kevin McHale's post up moves plus 30% of Ricky Pierce's shooting. 40% of Obi Toppin being Obi Toppin.

With a good off-season, the Knicks have 2 significant pieces off the bench in Obi Toppin and Immanuel Quickley. With a little luck, the Knicks can be one of the deepest teams in the NBA.
    I donít think they are ďstuckĒ. I think they good job drafting 2 good guys.

Last edited by ewing; 05-18-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Agree. You are not going to get a starter caliber player at the eighth spot in weak drafts. And IQ is definitely a fringe starter right now. The draft is not some superstar or bust sweepstakes. You take what you think will work and try to make it work.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by callmeDro; 05-18-2021 at 11:51 PM.

Obi fits fine. He has potential to become a super sub bench scorer, like Rose is for us now. As long as Obi continues to learn the fundamentals of executing NBA offense and defense, his talent will do the rest. I expect a significant jump next year.

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Agree. You are not going to get a starter caliber player at the eighth spot in weak drafts. And IQ is definitely a fringe starter right now. The draft is not some superstar or bust sweepstakes. You take what you think will work and try to make it work.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    nonsense, i'm sure there will be plenty of starters drafted 8th or later from that draft.

Obi Toppin is averaging 10-11 min/game. If Julius Randle plans to play 37 min/game, Obi Toppin is not going to develop any faster because he won't get the minutes.

He doesn't have the foot speed or shooting to play small forward. Does he bump Mitchell Robinson's minutes at Center?

I don't see how someone who was the oldest dude in his class will become a good 10-11 min/game over time.

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Obi Toppin is averaging 10-11 min/game. If Julius Randle plans to play 37 min/game, Obi Toppin is not going to develop any faster because he won't get the minutes.

He doesn't have the foot speed or shooting to play small forward. Does he bump Mitchell Robinson's minutes at Center?

I don't see how someone who was the oldest dude in his class will become a good 10-11 min/game over time.
    The same way itís happen for most of the leagueís history. Rookies traditionally donít get big mins and they do improve. Also Toppin did improve. You didnít watch all year? In time finding mins might be an issue. It wonít be unless he is good then at worse we have a trade asset.

He likely winds up being a 4/5. He has defended well particularly for a rookie big. Do I want Obi on an Island with Big Joel or D-Mitch? No but that means nothing. He will wind up matched up against 4s,5s, and probably some 3s across his career

Last edited by ewing; 05-20-2021 at 02:45 PM.

Page 62 of 68 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 ... LastLast