Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1158
    This is what will help both Toppin and Randle next year imo. Thibs inability to use our 4s as finishers was a big criticism from me last year. Here are some clips of plays types I hope we see more of next year. I especially like the empty side PnR for Jules.

https://twitter.com/apacheconba/stat...770868744?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth..." -ancient proverb, Mike Tyson

I wish Obi Toppin the best but the odds are stacked against him.

He has the unenviable task of backing up, the 2020-21 NBA leader in minutes played, Julius Randle who is in his prime. Thibs doesn't tend to rest guys and I can't see Randle taking games off.

Basically Obi will have 8-10 per game to flash his skills. The minute, Obi Toppin picks up 2 quick fouls then he's pulled possibly, done for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth..." -ancient proverb, Mike Tyson

I wish Obi Toppin the best but the odds are stacked against him.

He has the unenviable task of backing up, the 2020-21 NBA leader in minutes played, Julius Randle who is in his prime. Thibs doesn't tend to rest guys and I can't see Randle taking games off.

Basically Obi will have 8-10 per game to flash his skills. The minute, Obi Toppin picks up 2 quick fouls then he's pulled possibly, done for the game.
    His mins certainly wonít decrease. He will probably start the season getting at least 13-15 mins a night or so with some spikes. After 25 games or so Thibs will probably settle into a tight rotation again, everyone role will be strictly defined, and we will see where Toppin is at.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    His mins certainly wonít decrease. He will probably start the season getting at least 13-15 mins a night or so with some spikes. After 25 games or so Thibs will probably settle into a tight rotation again, everyone role will be strictly defined, and we will see where Toppin is at.

Is Randle going to say yes to less minutes? Um, no. He's got some incentives bonus. Randle is also in his prime.

Roll the clocks back to last year around this time, Alan Hahn states, "Where does Obi Toppin play?"

He already knew this kid will have difficulty getting minutes. Hence, Hahn called him Kenny Walker. A guy who never had a defined position due to the Knicks roster.

Wish him nothing but the best it might be another 2 seasons before we see him hit his stride.

Knicks Select PF Obi Toppin with the 8th Pick

Is Randle going to say yes to less minutes? Um, no. He's got some incentives bonus. Randle is also in his prime.

Roll the clocks back to last year around this time, Alan Hahn states, "Where does Obi Toppin play?"

He already knew this kid will have difficulty getting minutes. Hence, Hahn called him Kenny Walker. A guy who never had a defined position due to the Knicks roster.

Wish him nothing but the best it might be another 2 seasons before we see him hit his stride.
    He played 11 minis a game last year. His mins wonít go down. You are a broken record

He played 11 minis a game last year. His mins wonít go down. You are a broken record
    A broken record that is often correct...

Where are all the Elfrid Payton defenders? They hiding because about a good 40% of this forum argued against me, defending that chump. How'd the Victor Oladipo trade go? Most were convinced that headache was going to be a megastar. Oof, another injury. How'd the Rockets do with Christian Wood? Oof he got injured. Team sank to the bottom. Now Wood is on the trade block in rumors. Oh, how's that guaranteed Collin Sexton trade? Didn't happen. Cause the Cavs owner who is from Detroit owns half the city. How'd that Porzingis trade work out? Where's Dennis Smith Jr? Where's Deandre Jordan? Wesley Matthews? How'd the 1st of two first rounders go?

Now...let's get back on track:

Can Obi Toppin's minutes per game go down by 1 minute? Sure.

It depends on Julius Randle because Obi Toppin backs him up. Julius Randle is not 30. He's just hitting his prime and Toppin happened to be drafted just as Randle was about to have a breakout season.

Obi Toppin has great size and athleticism but his footwork is AWFUL. Maybe when he's in his later 20s he gets it but I think, he's what you see and get. Nothing wrong with it but he's another misfire in the Knicks need department.

Where are all the Elfrid Payton defenders? They hiding because about a good 40% of this forum argued against me, defending that chump. How'd the Victor Oladipo trade go? Most were convinced that headache was going to be a megastar. Oof, another injury. How'd the Rockets do with Christian Wood? Oof he got injured. Team sank to the bottom. Now Wood is on the trade block in rumors. Oh, how's that guaranteed Collin Sexton trade? Didn't happen. Cause the Cavs owner who is from Detroit owns half the city. How'd that Porzingis trade work out? Where's Dennis Smith Jr? Where's Deandre Jordan? Wesley Matthews? How'd the 1st of two first rounders go?

It depends on Julius Randle because Obi Toppin backs him up. Julius Randle is not 30. He's just hitting his prime and Toppin happened to be drafted just as Randle was about to have a breakout season.

Obi Toppin has great size and athleticism but his footwork is AWFUL. Maybe when he's in his later 20s he gets it but I think, he's what you see and get. Nothing wrong with it but he's another misfire in the Knicks need department.
    No it annoyingly makes the same noises over and over

The Toppin band wagon is going to start filling up soon

The Toppin band wagon is going to start filling up soon

. His haters will lay low but surface if he has bad games

https://twitter.com/tom_piccolo/stat...388438021?s=21

Transition beast. Him and Rose are going to be a problem on the break

Last edited by ewing; 10-07-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Who the **** was a Payton supporter LMAOOOOO more fictional talk from you
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Obi looked good in the summer looked good in the first PS game, letís hope it continues so we can keep Randles minutes down to like 33
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Obi looked good in the summer looked good in the first PS game, letís hope it continues so we can keep Randles minutes down to like 33
    Obviously I never wanted him. But if he gives us a solid 15-20 minutes every night, Iíll be very happy. That still wouldnít make me feel like I was wrong for hating the pick, but it would definitely be an encouraging sign

Iíd love to be able to one day make that retraction post though lol.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 10-08-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Obviously I never wanted him. But if he gives us a solid 15-20 minutes every night, Iíll be very happy. That still wouldnít make me feel like I was wrong for hating the pick, but it would definitely be an encouraging sign

Iíd love to be able to one day make that retraction post though lol.
    The pick was never bad, everyone tends to forget how the entire fan base wanted Randle traded and give a 2nd to do so lol....

Now Randle is a 2nd team and all star so that pick don't look as good, it's all circumstances. But Obi has shown he has talent, and it could be if he shines in those 12-15minutes, I can't see 20 tbh, he may attract other teams in a trade.

With both centers out and Obi getting not one minute at center that may be a strong tell moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    The pick was never bad, everyone tends to forget how the entire fan base wanted Randle traded and give a 2nd to do so lol....

Now Randle is a 2nd team and all star so that pick don't look as good, it's all circumstances. But Obi has shown he has talent, and it could be if he shines in those 12-15minutes, I can't see 20 tbh, he may attract other teams in a trade.

With both centers out and Obi getting not one minute at center that may be a strong tell moving forward
    I donít agree that ďthe pick was never badĒ. Weíll see how it ends up. I think it absolutely was bad at that time. Everything has been said, so his play will talk