Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Victor Oladipo trade destinations

Only a matter of time before he is traded as well. But teams are monitoring his situation especially after the injury he came off of. But also if he is anythin like the Oladipo of old, or he regains his All Star form then teams are gonna want him and that being said, possible destinations for Oladipo right now:

5- New York Knicks- Knicks would trade Kevin Knox, Dennis Smith Jr and 2022 first round pick lottery protected to Indiana for Oladipo

4- Philadelphia 76ers- 76ers would trade Ben Simmons to the Pacers for Oladipo, TJ Warren and 2021 1st round draft pick

3- Toronto Raptors- Raptors would trade Norm Powell, Stanley Johnson, Patrick McCaw, and first round pick to the Pacers; Toronto instantly gets better by adding Oladipo

2- Miami Heat- Heat would trade Olynyk, Igoudala, and 2 1st round draft picks to Indiana for Oladipo. Oladipo on the Heat pairs up with Butler, Bam, Herro and the crew. Miami instantly gets better.

1- Detroit Pistons (sleeper favorite)- Pistons would trade Blake Griffin and a 1st round pick to the Pacers for Oladipo. Oladipo pairs up with Derrick Rose and Killian Hayes and the crew out there in Detroit. They instantly become a team to watch.

I like the idea of Oladipo playing with Luka in Dallas. Makes sense as the 3rd option behind KP.

We're not trading Oladipo. He loves the new coach, he's speaking to media and he's supposedly healthy. Now, he may leave in free agency, but unless the team implodes they're not going to trade him. And too many teams next summer have cap space, so he's unlikely to need a sign and trade to go where he wants to.

https://www.nba.com/pacers/news/olad...ing-new-season
    Last edited by IndyRealist; 12-06-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Only a matter of time before he is traded as well. But teams are monitoring his situation especially after the injury he came off of. But also if he is anythin like the Oladipo of old, or he regains his All Star form then teams are gonna want him and that being said, possible destinations for Oladipo right now:

5- New York Knicks- Knicks would trade Kevin Knox, Dennis Smith Jr and 2022 first round pick lottery protected to Indiana for Oladipo

4- Philadelphia 76ers- 76ers would trade Ben Simmons to the Pacers for Oladipo, TJ Warren and 2021 1st round draft pick

3- Toronto Raptors- Raptors would trade Norm Powell, Stanley Johnson, Patrick McCaw, and first round pick to the Pacers; Toronto instantly gets better by adding Oladipo

2- Miami Heat- Heat would trade Olynyk, Igoudala, and 2 1st round draft picks to Indiana for Oladipo. Oladipo on the Heat pairs up with Butler, Bam, Herro and the crew. Miami instantly gets better.

1- Detroit Pistons (sleeper favorite)- Pistons would trade Blake Griffin and a 1st round pick to the Pacers for Oladipo. Oladipo pairs up with Derrick Rose and Killian Hayes and the crew out there in Detroit. They instantly become a team to watch.
    I like some of your destinations, but that 76ers offer is insane. No way would Morey ever trade Ben Simmons in a deal involving the current iteration of Oladipo. It would have to be a year from now. Oladipo would need to be locked up on a contract of at least four years and looking like he did pre-injury. Then, maybe he, Warren and a first-rounder would be enough.
    How about the Warriors offer up Wiggins and a 2022 first-rounder? The Warriors roll the dice that Oladipo can replace Klay's defense. They can roll into next season with a starting lineup of Curry, Oladipo, Oubre Jr., Green and Wiseman.
    The Pacers roll into next season with a starting lineup of Brogdon, Lamb, Wiggins, Warren and Sabonis. Maybe figure out a trade for Turner and Warren to get a better power forward.
    A swap of Oladipo to Orlando for Fournier also sounds appropriate and a bit poetic. Fournier is another switchable wing who could help the Pacers with his shooting. His contract won't hurt the Pacers like Wiggins's. Maybe the Pacers could get back Clark too.
    The more likely scenario is the Pacers playing this season out with Oladipo to see if he can come back strong. He and Brogdon are a good back court.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I like some of your destinations, but that 76ers offer is insane. No way would Morey ever trade Ben Simmons in a deal involving the current iteration of Oladipo. It would have to be a year from now. Oladipo would need to be locked up on a contract of at least four years and looking like he did pre-injury. Then, maybe he, Warren and a first-rounder would be enough.
    How about the Warriors offer up Wiggins and a 2022 first-rounder? The Warriors roll the dice that Oladipo can replace Klay's defense. They can roll into next season with a starting lineup of Curry, Oladipo, Oubre Jr., Green and Wiseman.
    The Pacers roll into next season with a starting lineup of Brogdon, Lamb, Wiggins, Warren and Sabonis. Maybe figure out a trade for Turner and Warren to get a better power forward.
    A swap of Oladipo to Orlando for Fournier also sounds appropriate and a bit poetic. Fournier is another switchable wing who could help the Pacers with his shooting. His contract won't hurt the Pacers like Wiggins's. Maybe the Pacers could get back Clark too.
    The more likely scenario is the Pacers playing this season out with Oladipo to see if he can come back strong. He and Brogdon are a good back court.
    I know everyone is gonna call this homerism; but no one gets what Simmons value in the league is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I know everyone is gonna call this homerism; but no one gets what Simmons value in the league is.

Simmons can't shoot

Simmons can't shoot
    Such a simpleton take though. A 6'10" 250 G/F who has great handles, one of the best passers in the league, gets to the rim when he wants to, and All-NBA level defense. Add on his contract goes the next 4 years and he's one ofr the more valuable guys in the league.

FACT: 76ers will never trade Simmons for Oladipo and whatever package the Pacers may include.

Such a simpleton take though. A 6'10" 250 G/F who has great handles, one of the best passers in the league, gets to the rim when he wants to, and All-NBA level defense. Add on his contract goes the next 4 years and he's one ofr the more valuable guys in the league.
    I don't take any of that away from him but unless he can start shooting or develop a shot...he is always going to be looked down upon for that very reason. But back to the subject of the thread, Oladipo and just other destinations that could be fits for him right now: San Antonio, Houston, Portland or even Denver which would be interesting

Oladipo to Denver would be scary. I still like the idea of him in Dallas lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Oladipo to Denver would be scary. I still like the idea of him in Dallas lol
    Yeah Oladipo to Denver...imagine pairing him up with Jokic and Murray...they can definitely make a run to the title

I don't take any of that away from him but unless he can start shooting or develop a shot...he is always going to be looked down upon for that very reason. But back to the subject of the thread, Oladipo and just other destinations that could be fits for him right now: San Antonio, Houston, Portland or even Denver which would be interesting
    People overrate jump shooting. If you have a guy who can do everything else all an all-nba level you build your team around his one weakness. Look at Harden, Curry, etc. Butler can't shoot, does anyone think he's substantially worse than PG at this point? Floor spacing is always welcome, but you don't need EVERYBODY to space the floor.

Going back to this topic, the Pacers have no package worth Simmons that they'd be willing to send. The only way it would happen is if Simmons demanded a trade but only to Indiana.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    People overrate jump shooting. If you have a guy who can do everything else all an all-nba level you build your team around his one weakness. Look at Harden, Curry, etc. Butler can't shoot, does anyone think he's substantially worse than PG at this point? Floor spacing is always welcome, but you don't need EVERYBODY to space the floor.

Going back to this topic, the Pacers have no package worth Simmons that they'd be willing to send. The only way it would happen is if Simmons demanded a trade but only to Indiana.
    All of this. Like I said, fans and FOís have huge differing opinions on Simmons.

While a lot of what you said is true, we also know Simmons doesn't attempt to get to the basket as much as he should (just compare him to young LeBron and Giannis), doesn't (and can't) shoot, and (something never talked about) doesn't have good leadership.

So he cannot be a franchise player for those reasons just outlined, but 76ers fan trade suggestions always prop him up to #1 player value.

All that said, I also agree no way I trade him for Oladipo.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post

The guy with the ball should be a threat. If Ben Simmons is going to be the primary ball handler for his team he will always put them at a big disadvantage in the half court until he can be a threat outside of the paint. Itís not like Jimmy Butler. If you flat didnít guard Jimmy Butler from 18 feet he would score 40 plus almost every night. Simmons is incapable of taking short jumpers with no defense

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast