Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 102
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,294
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    ThE SiXeRs CaNíT TrAde HiM.

    Not only did we trade him but we got something useful, gave almost nothing up, and gained cap relief.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya cuz people were claiming that BEFORe Morey was runnning the show

    Letís be real, Elton Brand sucks as a GM. But Sixers ownership and management with Morey at the helm are playing the pity game with him. EB got rid of all the shoooters last summer AND signed Horford to that horrendous deal. Basically untradable.

    Bring in Morey and he cleans up Brandís mess.

    Simple and plain.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,099
    Obviously I love this deal for Morey, and it fits his MO of flipping late picks and useless contracts for 3 and D guys like a glove. I do feel bad for Horford, though. That's way too much money on his contract for him to get bought out, and you hate to see a guy of his caliber wasted on a terrible rebuilding team in OKC. Back when I thought Houston wasn't blowing it up, I was sorta hoping the Rockets would deal for him. I still think he's got something in the tank if used properly.


  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,099
    Also, let me just note that this trade will inevitably begin the era of Morey love on PSD. I've watched this forum hate on and under-appreciate that man for years in Houston. I look forward to watching you hypocrites finally show him the respect he deserves.


  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,326
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Obviously I love this deal for Morey, and it fits his MO of flipping late picks and useless contracts for 3 and D guys like a glove. I do feel bad for Horford, though. That's way too much money on his contract for him to get bought out, and you hate to see a guy of his caliber wasted on a terrible rebuilding team in OKC. Back when I thought Houston wasn't blowing it up, I was sorta hoping the Rockets would deal for him. I still think he's got something in the tank if used properly.
    If Harden goes to the Nets and you get to fanboy for the Sixers (for Morey), and Nets (for Harden), I'm not talking to you anymore.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,812
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The rest of the 76ers staff is currently standing around the draft table, peering down on Morey's massive, glorious, metaphorical anaconda unfurled on the oaken surface.
    I too feel vindicated because of some people arguing that Oklahoma wouldn't want to take back Horford's contract back for future assets. He'll run out just as the young guys need to get paid. That's how you build a team that can't attract free agents.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    62,948
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    The rest of the 76ers staff is currently standing around the draft table, peering down on Morey's massive, glorious, metaphorical anaconda unfurled on the oaken surface.
    I too feel vindicated because of some people arguing that Oklahoma wouldn't want to take back Horford's contract back for future assets. He'll run out just as the young guys need to get paid. That's how you build a team that can't attract free agents.
    That and Presti has long wanted Horford. When he signed with Boston, when he signed with us. Plus is sounds like Presti wants to do this on the fly and not fully tank to move into the next era.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,099
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    If Harden goes to the Nets and you get to fanboy for the Sixers (for Morey), and Nets (for Harden), I'm not talking to you anymore.
    I'm hoping he goes to Philly so that:
    1. Houston gets Simmons and picks back, which is probably the best offer on the table.
    2. My disgusting non-Rockets fandom is at least focused on one franchise. If Harden goes to Philly, it's going to be very hard for me not to root for the Sixers. MTM and I are going to have to become best friends...


  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,326
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm hoping he goes to Philly so that:
    1. Houston gets Simmons and picks back, which is probably the best offer on the table.
    2. My disgusting non-Rockets fandom is at least focused on one franchise. If Harden goes to Philly, it's going to be very hard for me not to root for the Sixers. MTM and I are going to have to become best friends...
    Will you have sleepovers with him?


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,722
    A 2025 first round pick! Oh he got them in the future

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    24,277
    Congrats war and MTM. I'm still going to make fun of Embiid though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,491
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    The rest of the 76ers staff is currently standing around the draft table, peering down on Morey's massive, glorious, metaphorical anaconda unfurled on the oaken surface.
    I too feel vindicated because of some people arguing that Oklahoma wouldn't want to take back Horford's contract back for future assets. He'll run out just as the young guys need to get paid. That's how you build a team that can't attract free agents.
    Lol. Thanks for the image

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,812
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Hayward for Adamís coming next.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I was thinking, although what else does Oklahoma throw in to get it done? I don't think Adams alone gets it done, but it shouldn't take much ó maybe Ferguson or Dort.
    I've also heard Washington is a suitor for Adams. Bryant would be a good addition for the Thunder.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    5,346
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    That's what I was thinking, although what else does Oklahoma throw in to get it done? I don't think Adams alone gets it done, but it shouldn't take much ó maybe Ferguson or Dort.
    I've also heard Washington is a suitor for Adams. Bryant would be a good addition for the Thunder.
    Ferguson is on the 76ers now.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    62,948
    Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    That's what I was thinking, although what else does Oklahoma throw in to get it done? I don't think Adams alone gets it done, but it shouldn't take much ó maybe Ferguson or Dort.
    I've also heard Washington is a suitor for Adams. Bryant would be a good addition for the Thunder.
    Why do you think the Thunder need to add more?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    Could the trade of Horford be something bigger to land Harden? Green is on an expiring contract (15M) and Ferguson is an underrated wing defender also.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •