Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    ThE SiXeRs CaNíT TrAde HiM.

Not only did we trade him but we got something useful, gave almost nothing up, and gained cap relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya cuz people were claiming that BEFORe Morey was runnning the show

Letís be real, Elton Brand sucks as a GM. But Sixers ownership and management with Morey at the helm are playing the pity game with him. EB got rid of all the shoooters last summer AND signed Horford to that horrendous deal. Basically untradable.

Bring in Morey and he cleans up Brandís mess.

Simple and plain.

Obviously I love this deal for Morey, and it fits his MO of flipping late picks and useless contracts for 3 and D guys like a glove. I do feel bad for Horford, though. That's way too much money on his contract for him to get bought out, and you hate to see a guy of his caliber wasted on a terrible rebuilding team in OKC. Back when I thought Houston wasn't blowing it up, I was sorta hoping the Rockets would deal for him. I still think he's got something in the tank if used properly.

Also, let me just note that this trade will inevitably begin the era of Morey love on PSD. I've watched this forum hate on and under-appreciate that man for years in Houston. I look forward to watching you hypocrites finally show him the respect he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Obviously I love this deal for Morey, and it fits his MO of flipping late picks and useless contracts for 3 and D guys like a glove. I do feel bad for Horford, though. That's way too much money on his contract for him to get bought out, and you hate to see a guy of his caliber wasted on a terrible rebuilding team in OKC. Back when I thought Houston wasn't blowing it up, I was sorta hoping the Rockets would deal for him. I still think he's got something in the tank if used properly.
    If Harden goes to the Nets and you get to fanboy for the Sixers (for Morey), and Nets (for Harden), I'm not talking to you anymore.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

The rest of the 76ers staff is currently standing around the draft table, peering down on Morey's massive, glorious, metaphorical anaconda unfurled on the oaken surface.
    I too feel vindicated because of some people arguing that Oklahoma wouldn't want to take back Horford's contract back for future assets. He'll run out just as the young guys need to get paid. That's how you build a team that can't attract free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    The rest of the 76ers staff is currently standing around the draft table, peering down on Morey's massive, glorious, metaphorical anaconda unfurled on the oaken surface.
    I too feel vindicated because of some people arguing that Oklahoma wouldn't want to take back Horford's contract back for future assets. He'll run out just as the young guys need to get paid. That's how you build a team that can't attract free agents.
    That and Presti has long wanted Horford. When he signed with Boston, when he signed with us. Plus is sounds like Presti wants to do this on the fly and not fully tank to move into the next era.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    If Harden goes to the Nets and you get to fanboy for the Sixers (for Morey), and Nets (for Harden), I'm not talking to you anymore.
    I'm hoping he goes to Philly so that:
    1. Houston gets Simmons and picks back, which is probably the best offer on the table.
    2. My disgusting non-Rockets fandom is at least focused on one franchise. If Harden goes to Philly, it's going to be very hard for me not to root for the Sixers. MTM and I are going to have to become best friends...

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm hoping he goes to Philly so that:
    1. Houston gets Simmons and picks back, which is probably the best offer on the table.
    2. My disgusting non-Rockets fandom is at least focused on one franchise. If Harden goes to Philly, it's going to be very hard for me not to root for the Sixers. MTM and I are going to have to become best friends...
    Will you have sleepovers with him?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

A 2025 first round pick! Oh he got them in the future

Congrats war and MTM. I'm still going to make fun of Embiid though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Lol. Thanks for the image

Hayward for Adamís coming next.

That's what I was thinking, although what else does Oklahoma throw in to get it done? I don't think Adams alone gets it done, but it shouldn't take much ó maybe Ferguson or Dort.
    I've also heard Washington is a suitor for Adams. Bryant would be a good addition for the Thunder.

That's what I was thinking, although what else does Oklahoma throw in to get it done? I don't think Adams alone gets it done, but it shouldn't take much ó maybe Ferguson or Dort.
    I've also heard Washington is a suitor for Adams. Bryant would be a good addition for the Thunder.
    Ferguson is on the 76ers now.

Why do you think the Thunder need to add more?

Could the trade of Horford be something bigger to land Harden? Green is on an expiring contract (15M) and Ferguson is an underrated wing defender also.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast