Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Any chance we could void the rest of his contract?
    My guess the Mets will look for an out somehow.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I doubt it
    Maybe he retires in shame
    You think so? I was thinking similar to a Yoenis Cespedes situation. The Mets either force him to rework the contract or bring their lawyers to somehow get it voided. They'd have to look at fine prints of his original contract with Seattle but I assume two PED suspensions could potentially be terms in court.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Just to be clear: the organization will not owe him any of his salary for the year? Does that salary still count against the luxury tax number?

no they don't owe him the money, and no it doesn't count against the luxury tax threshold.
    Last edited by Claymation; 11-18-2020 at 05:18 PM.

Who didn't see this coming? I wonder if, ala Cespedes, there's any potential legal maneuvering Cohen (I typed out "the Wilp" before catching myself) can do to push Cano into restructuring. He'll still have, what, two years left on the deal after this?

I guess you could say that Robinson Canot play in 2021.

I was really hoping Cano would be Nelson Cruz (who is probably on steroids himself) and remain productive over the next few years. The Mets just need to release him and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I guess you could say that Robinson Canot play in 2021.

Wow, just fn wow. Perfect timing though

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah, McNeil is your everyday second baseman now.

And man what a dumb ****!!!

Unbelievable!!!!

He will be cut, he wont be a Met anymore.
    If the Wilpons still owned the team he would still be a Met.

So much for what a great example and mentor Cano was for the youngins.

So much for that. Looks like McNeil will be our starting 2nd baseman and Nimmo will be in left field right after we sign Springer to play centerfield.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast