Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1088
    We didnt sign any undrafted guys?

Memphis signed 3 undrafted FAs
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 11-19-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    To think we could have come away with Vassell, Maxey, and Terry at 8/25/33. Shooters, defense, versatility all around. I think we blew this again.
    Maxey went 21. I don't know why you keep saying we could've had him.

DAL getting Green & Terry hurts too. Those two are going to be very good players, great fits there.
    They won't get much time over THJ, DFS and Brunson.

Obi is starting and Quickley will get his minutes if he can knock down shots like he did in college. DSJ and Randle are goners this weekend.

For now...

Frank / Quickley
    Beasley / Quickley
    RJ / Iggy
    Obi / Knox
    Mitch / Obi / Wooten

Thibs is only playing a 9 man rotation let's be real

I think Leon Rose is really going to go after Beasley in some type of sign and trade deal this weekend with the Twolves having a glut at SG and they could really use Julius and DSJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Maxey went 21. I don't know why you keep saying we could've had him.
    keep thinking he went #29... i stand corrected.

still, looking at that list, give me Vassell, Bane or Theo & Terry. lots of guys fell in this draft that would have been good picks that fit.

Nico is going to be a good player too and really would have fit.

Just don't get the obsession with bigs in this era, or passing on all those PG's. Seems like Jordan Hill and 2009 all over again while 5-6 starting PG's were drafted after us.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I like Westbrook a lot with Toppin and Mitch and shooters. Not so much with RJ on the wing. I like FVV with RJ + Obi and Mitch.
    Yeah Iíll be ok with Westbrook if we bring in an elite shooter to play next to RJ. Westbrook is still one of the best point guards in the league.

FVV is a good option too. At the very least heíll stretch the floor and be a solid point guard. I do worry that heís not good at driving in and breaking down the defense and how heíll do outside of Toronto. But heíll be an upgrade over anyone that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I think Golden state wanted too much for that #2 pick. I think if the price was reasonable we would have traded up for ball.

Obi was the one guy that I didnít want mainly because of his age. But Iím hoping he proves me wrong and that maybe heís a late bloomer. From what Iíve read about him is that he puts in the work and he wants to be great. Hopefully this pick works out for us.
    I said the day after the lottery Ball was not a realistic option. The teams at the top wanted too much. Ball was always a pipedream. You dont move up from 8 to 1 or
    2 without giving away the whole farm.
    Last edited by Garrett2010; 11-19-2020 at 12:16 PM.

keep thinking he went #29... i stand corrected.

still, looking at that list, give me Vassell, Bane or Theo & Terry. lots of guys fell in this draft that would have been good picks that fit.

Nico is going to be a good player too and really would have fit.

Just don't get the obsession with bigs in this era, or passing on all those PG's. Seems like Jordan Hill and 2009 all over again while 5-6 starting PG's were drafted after us.
    I agree for the most part, although I like Quickley and I think people are vastly overrating guys like Nico, Terry and Theo.

heck we could have taken Jalen Smith, Bane & Terry, and then all of a sudden had a nice trade chip in Mitch to acquire a young vet.

I just can't convince myself we did well. So many assets and possibilities and we came away with another scoring PF who doesn't space the floor or defend, and an undersized SG.
    I dunno why you guys would be up in arms over terry and bane.

Neither are nba level defenders, and quickly can shoot as good as either of them.

Quickly has the more ideal nba body than both of them and it's not even close.

Bane has t-rex arms and isnt quick or fast. That greatly limits his NBA potential. Terry is built like a starving indian kid, no muscle in his body anywhere, slow, no burst, short arms.

I liked terry, liked bane, but the idea we missed out on something amazing and overrated quickly, I dont remotely agree with.

Having a legit nba body matters and quickly has that over terry and bane.

Iím also quite perplexed by the Oturu trade. Another big is the last thing I wanted but he was excellent value at 33, and we traded him straight up for a future 2nd?

Worst pick of the Night: LaMelo Ball, Charlotte Hornets

Michael Jordan, the worst owner in the league, runs the team like a Walmart. Terrible scouting. Terrible drafting. Worst attendance in the league. A welfare franchise that would disintegrate if not for the NBA revenue sharing.

LaMelo Ball is a desperate move to put butts in the seats. Ball has no one to pass to.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Iím also quite perplexed by the Oturu trade. Another big is the last thing I wanted but he was excellent value at 33, and we traded him straight up for a future 2nd?
    I dont get that either.

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    I donít get that either. He is very raw but has talent and athleticism. I compare him to Mitch. And the pick is in 2023. At least I could understand it if it was in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Worst pick of the Night: LaMelo Ball, Charlotte Hornets

Michael Jordan, the worst owner in the league, runs the team like a Walmart. Terrible scouting. Terrible drafting. Worst attendance in the league. A welfare franchise that would disintegrate if not for the NBA revenue sharing.

LaMelo Ball is a desperate move to put butts in the seats. Ball has no one to pass to.
    You have to take him at 3, no matter what. He has a lot of bust potential, but the upside is crazy.

How much money could you have won if you bet the knicks wouldn't draft ANY of the PG's in this draft...lol Hey, that's what they're paid the big bucks. Lets see if it works. Maybe this is the way of giving Frank and DSjr one last chance to prove they're capable. Will this be another yr w/o a capable pg? Does this mean we're picking up Payton's option?