Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Definitely not as bad as I thought but that was still a bad throw. Terrible read by Alshon though too. The angle I watched wasnít the best but it does seem Alshon misjudged but also looks like there wasnít anything he couldíve done even if he didnít react too early.

Do ageee Alshon should be out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís a jump ball where he has all the leverage if he plays it right.

That ones not on 11.

Definitely not as bad as I thought but that was still a bad throw. Terrible read by Alshon though too. The angle I watched wasnít the best but it does seem Alshon misjudged but also looks like there wasnít anything he couldíve done even if he didnít react too early.

Do ageee Alshon should be out

He was in front of the DB. He had to simply put his hands up (at least seems like it from the angle I saw). Worst case pass would have been incomplete. He didnít even try is the issue.

Week 11 IGT - Who Cares Edition

His effort was poor, still wasnít the best decision by Carson.

But also feel like Alshon shouldnít even be playing. That should be his last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

His effort was poor, still wasnít the best decision by Carson.

But also feel like Alshon shouldnít even be playing. That should be his last game.

He went to his best (supposedly) jump ball guy to win one on one. Hindsight yeah, bad decision. If Alshon does his job there though.

It would be nice to see them give Reagor the ball on occasion when he is put in motion. Or for them to actually try a pass with Hurts instead of doing a read-option where Hurts runs it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    It would be nice to see them give Reagor the ball on occasion when he is put in motion. Or for them to actually try a pass with Hurts instead of doing a read-option where Hurts runs it every time.
    They need to give hurts an actual series or drive instead of these one and off plays here and there. Also, get Wentz off the field for it so it at least looks like a possibly pass play. Doug is far too predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Awful. He should be deactivated. Why is he playing? At all? Give me more Hightower. Give me 100% less Jeffrey.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    After yesterday I tend to agree. The guy is a has been now which is related is likely related to his injuries. Hightower is MVS with better hands.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I accidentally posted this in the another thread...

I think it's time to bench Carson for a game or 2....and the play-calling duties have to be taken away from Doug. How do you abandon the run when it was pretty much the ONLY aspect of their game that was working yesterday. Its a shame Miles fumbled on that opening drive, but crap happens and this is the year when its all hitting the fan for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    He went to his best (supposedly) jump ball guy to win one on one. Hindsight yeah, bad decision. If Alshon does his job there though.
    Eh I mean there were a good amount of defenders around him.

I guess if you have faith in the guy, sure, but they havenít had chemistry in like 3 seasons and the dudes been out for about a year. That parts on the coach for playing him I guess.

I take back putting the crux of the blame on Carson for this one. Itís definitely towards Alshon.

I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by SportsNutMike View Post
    I accidentally posted this in the another thread...

I think it's time to bench Carson for a game or 2....and the play-calling duties have to be taken away from Doug. How do you abandon the run when it was pretty much the ONLY aspect of their game that was working yesterday. Its a shame Miles fumbled on that opening drive, but crap happens and this is the year when its all hitting the fan for this team.
    I don't know of any QB being replace while their team is leading the division unless it was due to injury and we're not going to be the first to start this trend now. Given Wentz past historry, it may come to this which would be a blessing in disguise. Maybe the coach could ask him to fake an injury during practice to give him the perfect excuse to bow out without shame to allow Hurts to step in.

Having Hurts start to win the division back is the right approach then having him losing the division due to poor play under pressure as a rookie just to see Wentz start the following game after that just to try to win the division back that Hurts lost [emoji1751]

Last edited by cattusmaru; 11-23-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    I don't know of any QB being replace while their team is leading the division unless it was due to injury and we're not going to be the first to start this trend now. Given Wentz past historry, it may come to this which would be a blessing in disguise. Maybe the coach could ask him to fake an injury during practice to give him the perfect excuse to bow out without shame to allow Hurts to step in.

Having Hurts start to win the division back is the right approach then having him losing the division due to poor play under pressure as a rookie just to see Wentz start the following game after that just to try to win the division back that Hurts lost [emoji1751]

Tua just replaced Fitz this season when Miami was a game back of first on a two game win streak.

Eagles are 3-6-1.

You should stop posting and leave this site.

Howie should be fired as well.

Ten games into the 2020 season and it is hard to feel good about anything related to the Philadelphia Eagles. Yet, taking a step back, there are few things more glaring than the abject failure of their ability to draft.

The NFL Draft is fickle. Every strategy and outcome should be judged uniquely by where the team is going into the draft in terms of short and long-term goals. A young team may opt to load up on high upside players who have time and opportunity to develop. Older, more proven teams may look for instant impact rookies who can push them over the hump. However, young teams may need blue chip players to help them start winning games and older teams may have the luxury of stocking up on developmental players while their starting roster carries them.

There is no orthodoxy in draft strategy. This is why open-mindedness won out after the Eaglesí questionable 2020 draft where they spent a second round pick on a quarterback and seemed content sitting back and letting the chips fall where they did in terms of the wide receiver class.

It is clear, beyond a shadow of any doubt or reason, that this was a bad strategy.

In 2019, the Eagles eked out a playoff appearance for the second year in a row. Carson Wentz overcame an understocked cupboard of wide receivers to have a historically good Eagles quarterback season and bring Philly to the postseason.

The offseason goal was clear: Get Wentz weapons. Now.

While my colleagues have and will continue to write about Howie Rosemanís failure to capitalize on a loaded free-agency and trade market in the spring, I will focus on the historically good wide receiver draft class that the Eagles punted on.

The Eagles had ten picks in the 2020 NFL Draft, which can only be described as an abundance of resources considering their five picks the year before. 15 wide receivers went in the first three rounds and the Eagles selected one of them. Yes, they eventually drafted two more on the third day of the draft, but over 140 picks passed between them selecting Jalen Reagor and them drafting John Hightower. 17 wide receivers were picked over that span; including Justin Jefferson, Tee Higgins, Chase Claypool, KJ Hamler, Michael Pittman Junior and Laviska Shenault.

Now, Jalen Reagor might end up being a good player. In fact it is more likely he will than wonít, but for the Eagles to be content with just Jalen Reagor given their extremely glaring needs going into the draft is inexcusable.

RELATED

Early on, Eagles passing on Justin Jefferson to draft Jalen Reagor is looking like a mistake
    Ten picks. Plenty of draft capital to trade up in the first round for an impact wide receiver like CeeDee Lamb. Or, after drafting Reagor, maybe moving up in the second round to snag Tee Higgins or Claypool.

Nope.

Wait.

Wait.

Wait some more. Draft a backup quarterback with the 53rd pick.

Draft a developmental nickel linebacker with Gabriel Davis and Bryan Edwards on the board.

We were all scratching our had during the draft and our skepticism has unfortunately proven well placed. Itís stupid. Itís mind-numbingly stupid that Howie Roseman and whoever else was shot calling back in spring thought this was the right approach.

Even if this whole class eventually pans out, the damage of this year looks to be long term. Carson Wentz has regressed in a shocking way. After carrying the offense on his back last year, his play has deteriorated rapidly this season. The teamís inability to put a stable offense around him; from the offensive line to the wide receivers to the coaching staff has resulted in a catastrophic step back.

Even if you want to chalk this up to the insanity of 2020. That between the shortened offseason, the bevy of injuries and (oh right) the global pandemic, it still doesnít excuse the disastrous drafting that led to this point. Plenty of teams have overcome injuries and a shortened offseason. Plenty of rookies, wide receivers and otherwise, have looked phenomenal despite the extremely strange offseason. This is a failure that falls solely on the shoulders of Eagles decision makers. They failed to draft for right now despite it being a draft class almost perfectly tailored to their needs.

Howie Roseman and whoever else is responsible for this disaster should not get the chance to make decisions for the Eagles ever again.

I think you have to stick with Wentz the rest of this season and evaluate a laundry list of team issues in the offseason. You A) Tank his trade value and B) Alienate him long term with making a move, but what for? Throwing Hurts to the wolves to see what he has?

I think you improve the supporting cast, ride Wentz during offseason, and look for that impact OC hire. He's shown enough promise through the years to give him a full opportunity to turn things around. If Wentz comes out shaky again and further regresses then you have a chance to roll with a more prepared Hurts.

Just don't think they'd get the value needed to move Wentz with the perceived upside he has and they already invested in Hurts so either way these are our guys for the next 2-3 seasons.

I wanted Jefferson badly too but Reagor is absolutely not horrible at all. He is no JJAW. This guy legit has Maclin traits to him but like people keep saying he's not getting any plays drawn up for him creatively at all.

I said this all off season too when we drafted Hurts. Its a very intellectual move but we're not creative enough offensively to use the damn guy properly.

As for Wentz, he's been absolutely trash in the pocket but even this past game everytime he rolled out he always always always hit someone wide open. Like I keep saying we need an offensive coordinator, its absolutely stupid we even wwnt without one.

As for Howie, everyone knows my feelings on him, I love him and want him to stay forever, he's a G and he's not the problem. Dougie is the total opposite of Andy Reid, he's absolutely trash at in game adjustments like brutal.
    He needs to be a coach and not a coordinator anymore.
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Also look on bright spot, we are tied for 4th pick and after this weekend itll look really nice pick wise.

3 potential top 5 QBs projected this year will be a blessing for us, if we get a top 5 pick. We will get an extremely elite prospect.

Ya ya people hate talking about it but everytime we've had a top 10 pick under Howie, he's nailed Wentz and Lane Johnson.

Also remember when I told people to chill on Fulgham when everyone thought he was a God, where has he been the last 2 or so games?
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast