Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    Usually when a coach ďgives upĒ play calling it never works out in the end. They end up getting canned the following season

Also I like Doug, but these coaching changes were forced on him. He clearly doesnít want anyone on his staff that can call plays. And I donít see his ego relinquishing that

I honestly see the idea being proposed and Doug saying no in order to be fired and hired elsewhere

Where?

New York jets with joe Douglas and Trevor Lawrence

Tbh thatís my likeliest scenario

Andy made this change after he was fired not before. Sometimes these ego filled offensive minds need humbling

Doug was very innovative in 2017. But he doesnít want to evolve and change. Remember those last couple years with Andy? Vick helped revive him for a year but Andy was driving us into the dirt with his refusal to grow offensively. Refusing to run, refusing to evolve.

Doug is like a repeat. Doug needs to get fired. I wouldnít be surprised to see him humbled, go to New York and suddenly turn them into the king of the AFC East

And I wouldnít be surprised for Doug leaving, and a full house clean that Carson turns it around

But having said that. Fresh eyes are desperately needed. New player personnel executive. New head coach with an offensive coordinator and a new defensive coordinator

Trade away everyone possible and stockpile draft picks.

I think the eagles are a very attractive job. Approach Lincoln Riley and Ryan day. Young fresh offensive minded coaches

And bring in chuck pagano as the defensive coordinator when Matt Nagy is fired from chicago

Week 11 IGT - Who Cares Edition

I think Doug is as good as we thought he was

And if Iím being honest had we not won the super bowl I believe weíd be like the saints, perennial contenders

But we won the Super Bowl, Doug wrote a book and now he refuses to change or evolve. Thatís where he fails. But idk many coaches who get their guys to play as hard as Doug does

But his ego needs to get him fired

Itís brutal
    I agree about dougs ego but a good coach wouldnít run basically the same exact play every single time Jalen hurts is in the game. It seems like 95% of the time Jalen hurts is in the game, itís gonna be a run.. I literally expect a run every single time I see Jalen hurts jog out there and so does the defense and thatís quite possibly part of the reason why Jalen hurts has 6 fumbles in a very small sample size, because Doug is not putting Jalen hurts in good positions to succeed. The coach I thought he was would be more creative in my opinion.

And itís not just for Jalen hurts, I think he could be putting Jalen reagor, miles sanders, and Carson wentz in better positions to succeed as well but he doesnít.

Just show Doug a KC game. Motion. Deception. QB out of pocket. Ball in hands of playmakers.

He does none of it. He has a physically gifted mobile qb that he refuses to use.

Bye Doug.

My "unsolicited" two cents:

Dan Orlovsky and Max Kellerman both polar opposite ends, but dug themselves a hole they refuse to climb out of.

Carson Wentz I still think has the tools to be a great QB, but certainly not in this current environment. I do not like Press Taylor as the QB coach, I think he doesn't provide much by way of constructive criticism, but I'm not at all the practices so I can not definitively say that it's just the impression I'm given. I think Wentz needs a strong offensive mind that can coach him effectively. I think DeFilippo did that for him. The largest concern I have with Wentz is the in between the ears part. He played incredible before the ACL injury and had to watch his backup win Super Bowl and SB MVP. How much of the erratic play is because of him pressing because he's trying to live up to that? I'm no psychologist so I couldn't tell you. I do think that Orlovsky would be the wrong guy to be coaching up Wentz because I'm not sure if he'd provide enough feedback to help Wentz become more sound mechanically or about reading the defenses, but I might be wrong. The guy I'd like to see coach Wentz is Graham Harrell, I think very highly of him and think he's got a good offensive mind as well (not ready to be a HC though).

Doug I think needs to go, I'm not entirely sure the team responds to him anymore and the offense definitely looks stale. I think the change of scenery would do him well. I think the biggest wildcard is Howie Roseman. I've heard a bunch of widespread things about him from Howie telling Doug who plays or not. If any part of that is true (I'm not one to believe it) I can see where Doug would lose some passion for coaching. I want Howie not making any draft or FA choices this offseason because I do not expect him to get fired (no matter how much I want it).

I agree that the Eagles should be considered an attractive spot to be a HC and I would love to see Ryan Day become the next coach (not sure if Riley would move, so why bother getting too excited). The number 1 thing is Howie needs to away from the equation for the new coach, let them pick the staff, provide input on the guys they want etc.

Quote Originally Posted by abelugawhale View Post
    My "unsolicited" two cents:

Dan Orlovsky and Max Kellerman both polar opposite ends, but dug themselves a hole they refuse to climb out of.

Carson Wentz I still think has the tools to be a great QB, but certainly not in this current environment. I do not like Press Taylor as the QB coach, I think he doesn't provide much by way of constructive criticism, but I'm not at all the practices so I can not definitively say that it's just the impression I'm given. I think Wentz needs a strong offensive mind that can coach him effectively. I think DeFilippo did that for him. The largest concern I have with Wentz is the in between the ears part. He played incredible before the ACL injury and had to watch his backup win Super Bowl and SB MVP. How much of the erratic play is because of him pressing because he's trying to live up to that? I'm no psychologist so I couldn't tell you. I do think that Orlovsky would be the wrong guy to be coaching up Wentz because I'm not sure if he'd provide enough feedback to help Wentz become more sound mechanically or about reading the defenses, but I might be wrong. The guy I'd like to see coach Wentz is Graham Harrell, I think very highly of him and think he's got a good offensive mind as well (not ready to be a HC though).

Doug I think needs to go, I'm not entirely sure the team responds to him anymore and the offense definitely looks stale. I think the change of scenery would do him well. I think the biggest wildcard is Howie Roseman. I've heard a bunch of widespread things about him from Howie telling Doug who plays or not. If any part of that is true (I'm not one to believe it) I can see where Doug would lose some passion for coaching. I want Howie not making any draft or FA choices this offseason because I do not expect him to get fired (no matter how much I want it).

I agree that the Eagles should be considered an attractive spot to be a HC and I would love to see Ryan Day become the next coach (not sure if Riley would move, so why bother getting too excited). The number 1 thing is Howie needs to away from the equation for the new coach, let them pick the staff, provide input on the guys they want etc.
    I think Ryan day is a great option

Joe Brady would be the other guy if he was a bit older. I do think 31 years old and 1 year coaching in the nfl may be a bit ambitious lol

But both those guys are good offensive minds

Would love a Ryan day graham harrell offensive combo

Also want to jump on chuck pagano as DC when Nagy is fired

Think heíd do wonders here

I like Joe Brady a lot. His age does not scares me one bit. He already had NFL experienced coaching under Sean Peyton in New Orleans before going to LSU.

Joe Brady has been really good with the Panthers this year too. He actually uses his damn weapons properly. What he's done with guys like Curtis Samuel and Robin Anderson guys who ppl thought were fodder is amazing.

But begs the same question who will be the offensive coordinator then?
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Joe Brady has been really good with the Panthers this year too. He actually uses his damn weapons properly. What he's done with guys like Curtis Samuel and Robin Anderson guys who ppl thought were fodder is amazing.

But begs the same question who will be the offensive coordinator then?
    Joe Brady and Graham Harrell would be awesome

Thatís a pretty young offensive staff though. But you could offset that by keeping stoutland whoís been amazing and also getting a veteran D coordinator

Joe Brady and Graham Harrell would be awesome

Thatís a pretty young offensive staff though. But you could offset that by keeping stoutland whoís been amazing and also getting a veteran D coordinator
    Yeah Jeff stoutland is by far the eagles best coach right now in my opinion. Regardless of what happens the eagles need to keep him at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Yeah Jeff stoutland is by far the eagles best coach right now in my opinion. Regardless of what happens the eagles need to keep him at all costs
    Even if he insist to replace Pederson as the new HC. Something that's the cost of keeping a lines coach - promotion.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Week 11 IGT - Who Cares Edition

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Even if he insist to replace Pederson as the new HC. Something that's the cost of keeping a lines coach - promotion.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Hc would be quite the promotion. Iím not sure he wants the extra responsibility though to be honest. Thereís been college teams that have tried to poach him off the eagles but he supposedly didnít want the extra responsibility. I think he literally just loves coaching the offensive line and heís one of the best at it. But pay wise, Iím sure the eagles wouldnít mind making him one of the highest paid if not the highest paid OL coach to keep him in philly.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567