Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 86 of 86

Thread: Theo - DONEZO

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,535
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    You said something to the likes of ďyouíre in the wrong Cubs forum for real conversationsĒ and then mentioned the PM message about where he can go to it.

    PMs are totally fine to do that, but donít post it in an actual post on the forum to see. I saw it and thatís why I replied. I donít make the rules, but thatís a major rule on this whole forum site
    Oh okay my bad thanks for clarifying

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,557
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Oh okay my bad thanks for clarifying
    No worries

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,041

    Theo - DONEZO

    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Super. So you're sticking with blissful ignorance and creating your own story. We all have choices to make, you made the easy one in the face of countless facts to ignore them. Thumbs up. Why better ourselves with facts when we can create out very own narrative when we so choose?

    And you're right. Finding all of those sources was a massive waste of my time. I should have realized you have no interest in changing you opinion. Stubbornness in the face of proof is not a virtue.
    I like how you have completely tried to flame me with your posts by coding your insults in the abstract. Way to go mod-youíre setting a great example. I asked you to move on because itís apparent we should agree to disagree.

    Thatís apparently not good enough. Do the Cubs nation a favor and take your loyalties with Epstein if you mourn his departure so badly.

    I am done with you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Proximo; 11-19-2020 at 10:22 PM.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I like how you have completely tried to flame me with your posts by coding your insults in the abstract. Way to go mod-youíre setting a great example. I asked you to move on because itís apparent we should agree to disagree.

    Thatís apparently not good enough. Do the Cubs nation a favor and take your loyalties with Epstein if you mourn his departure so badly.

    I am done with you.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't flamed you. I challenged you to look past your uninformed story and provided multiple sources. You refused and chose fantasy land.. You told me I wasted my time. I then agreed.

    You have been the only person to name call. Stop acting like a victim. You came in with a garbage premise, were shown evidence upon evidence that refuted it. Then ignored it. Thats on you, man.


    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,041
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Donít worry about it too much.. this forum might as well be a whatsapp group for the same 4-5 people lol.
    Concur.

    PSD is a great medium for fans (yes fans) to converse. I developed many friendships over the years.

    The PSD Cubs forum reminds me of the Greek Row fraternity politics of my college years. Having followed the Cubs since the days of Ryne Sandberg and Mike Bielecki I consider myself a reasonably informed fan.

    I typically stop by the PSD Cubs forum a few times a year and every time I am quickly reminded why I donít stick around. The cloistered circle within the circle mentality of the few that pass themselves off as so called insiders leaves much to be desired.

    The cult like mentality of that forum is really doing PSD a disservice.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Concur.

    PSD is a great medium for fans (yes fans) to converse. I developed many friendships over the years.

    The PSD Cubs forum reminds me of the Greek Row fraternity politics of my college years. Having followed the Cubs since the days of Ryne Sandberg and Mike Bielecki I consider myself a reasonably informed fan.

    I typically stop by the PSD Cubs forum a few times a year and every time I am quickly reminded why I donít stick around. The cloistered circle within the circle mentality of the few that pass themselves off as so called insiders leaves much to be desired.

    The cult like mentality of that forum is really doing PSD a disservice.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These types of posts always amuse me. You, yourself, admit, you're not someone who posts here a lot, then give your assessment of something you don't frequent. And I don't mean that in "laughing at you", I just find them a bit odd to comment as if you know something deeply, when you're not someone who's had a lot of interaction on this board.

    My guess is that your other interactions with this forum went much like yours in this thread has; you came in with a super hot take, got challenged on it, and then took offense to being challenged. I'm sorry if you don't want your opinions challenged, but that's what a forum is. It's not an echo chamber. It's a place where, yes, opinions can be provided, exchanged, and posted, but you should expect, especially when you come in blowing some hot smoke, that you're going to be asked to defend your position.

    No one here has ever claimed to be an insider, outside of a single, actual, verified insider. There's a real one here, who has, over and over, provided actual, insider information; but he's it. I've yet to see anyone suggest, over the last 4-5 years, to claim to have any inside information.

    There's not a "cult of mentality". Yes, some people share some opinions on things. But I disagree with people who I share overarching opinions with consistently. If you don't want your opinions challenged, I'm sorry, but that's what any good opinion should be able to withstand; a challenge. If your opinion doesn't have a support system, then it's a weak opinion. If you have the ability to withstand the challenge, it affirms your opinion. It's okay to be wrong. It's okay to admit you're wrong. I've had opinions challenged by others, provided evidence, and I've been wrong. It's not a sign of weakness to be wrong, or admit being wrong or having a change of opinion...it's a sign of maturity; growth, and strength.

    Where I see people get offended; it's people who don't have the ability to acknowledge their own ability to be wrong, and to be proven wrong. It's a learning experience. If you don't want to learn, and grow, then yeah, maybe this isn't for you. I don't know. I can't tell you. If you want to just be able to shout your opinion and not have people question your position, then there's really no reason to not just find a wall, and shout at it. You'll never be wrong. Or challenged. And you might feel better about that...but you won't learn anything, either.

    If you feel as though PSD isn't your space, then sorry, I can't do much for you. At this point, you've shared your opinion. If you'd like to discuss Theo Epstein, you can do that. If you don't then we're moving on. This forum isn't an evil, group think place. It's a place that will ask you to defend yourself. We would welcome you to stay, but I can't keep you. But at this point...we're kind of at the end of this topic.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 11-20-2020 at 12:46 PM.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,557

    Theo - DONEZO

    Letís get back on the topic of Theo now, since itís his last day in the Cubs front office.

    This back and forth has gone on way longer than it should have.

    Youíve said what youíve said, and be done with it. Thank you.
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 11-20-2020 at 01:21 PM.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    28,333
    Cubs posted a Theo tribute video on Twitter and now I miss him. Can't imagine how I'll feel when KB is gone.

    God this off-season is gonna suck.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,396
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Cubs posted a Theo tribute video on Twitter and now I miss him. Can't imagine how I'll feel when KB is gone.

    God this off-season is gonna suck.
    Yeah. It's going to be an offseason of tribute videos, I think.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,875
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Cubs posted a Theo tribute video on Twitter and now I miss him. Can't imagine how I'll feel when KB is gone.

    God this off-season is gonna suck.
    How does a life long Cubs fan not get choked up during that? They don't

    Like 1908 mentioned, this is likely not the only tribute video we are going to have to watch.

    Hopefully, all these moves will prove to be the right decision. It's a shame that all these upcoming changes are being forced by ownership so that they can save/make more money.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Posts
    6,907
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Theo would make a great commissioner or owner in baseball but I donít think he should go the DePodesta route and fail epically in a different sport
    The Bears would be ecstatic if Theo failed with them the same way he "failed" here.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •