Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Theo - DONEZO

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I donít have a problem with your difference of opinion. You seem well informed.

I didnít think Maddon should have been encouraged to hit the bricks and I believe Epsteinís ego exceeded his judgement with that call.

I do have a problem being referred to as a troll considering how long I have been a contributor on PSD without issue.

I felt the moderator was a bit one sided and trigger happy with his reprimand.

If insulted anyone I apologize. I was just trying to make a point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since you seem to keep bringing it up, the reason your post was deleted because you insulted/baited a moderator in this forum to get a reply back, with multiple comments like mentioning them as a ďgoonĒ, an ďassclownĒ and to ďgo pound sandĒ.

Iíve never even seen you in this forum (which youíve already stated) until just now, so I canít speak for whatever other forums youíre posting on because Iím not a part of those forums. But insulting/baiting anyone, especially a mod, wonít be allowed in this forum.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Dude, I never implied I was some sort of insider. I also never maintained that my opinions were factual. I did not like the Ross hire. It seemed to me that Theo wanted a yes man rather than a manager that would push back. The Cubs started out as world beaters in 2020 and faded down the stretch so I wouldn't give Ross too much credit.

I do not need anything creditable to celebrate Theo's departure. I am simply expressing how I feel. Since when does a fans opinion require three sources and a copywriter?

Iím really interested to see what Theo does in the next steps of his professional career. You canít buy championships in the NBA and NFL and just outbid everybody with no salary cap and a big market team. Actually have to be selective with who you hand out big money to and for how long. The Mets would really be a perfect fit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Since you seem to keep bringing it up, the reason your post was deleted because you insulted/baited a moderator in this forum to get a reply back, with multiple comments like mentioning them as a ďgoonĒ, an ďassclownĒ and to ďgo pound sandĒ.

Iíve never even seen you in this forum (which youíve already stated) until just now, so I canít speak for whatever other forums youíre posting on because Iím not a part of those forums. But insulting/baiting anyone, especially a mod, wonít be allowed in this forum.
    Yes-Upon reflection I was over the top and rude with my reply. It certainly warranted deletion. I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Iím really interested to see what Theo does in the next steps of his professional career. You canít buy championships in the NBA and NFL and just outbid everybody with no salary cap and a big market team. Actually have to be selective with who you hand out big money to and for how long. The Mets would really be a perfect fit for him.
    They should fire Manfred and he should be the next MLB Commish. He would be great for the game

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Dude, I never implied I was some sort of insider. I also never maintained that my opinions were factual. I did not like the Ross hire. It seemed to me that Theo wanted a yes man rather than a manager that would push back. The Cubs started out as world beaters in 2020 and faded down the stretch so I wouldn't give Ross too much credit.

I do not need anything creditable to celebrate Theo's departure. I am simply expressing how I feel. Since when does a fans opinion require three sources and a copywriter?
    You have multiple times used being "a fan" as some sort of shield to hide behind, but the bad news is this; being a fan does not absolve one of the burden of proof, does not give one carte blanche to make things up, nor does it remove the responsibility of being factual. You have consistently attacked Theo Epstein, and made wild accusations of his ego and him being the reason why Joe Maddon is not on the team. This seems to be your only basis for your opinion. You don't get to just create nonsense in the face of evidence because "I'm a fan". No one gets to just make **** up and go unchecked, that's not how anything works.

Yes, you need something credible if anyone is going to take you seriously. If you want to be on the level with the crazy, tin foil hat people, who no one bothers listening to? Go ahead I guess, be "a fan" and make up whatever story makes you feel better about Theo Epstein.

But if you'd like to be taken seriously, then consider the evidence. The Cubs and Joe Maddon broke up. They didn't see eye to eye any more. Joe Maddon got to "go home" to the organization that created him. He got to manage the best player in baseball. The Cubs hired a manager who isn't a "yes" man, but is more in line with their thinking of how the game should be played. Both Joe Maddon (in getting to go back to the Angels) and the Cubs (getting their front office back on the same level as their on the field team) turned out winners. Neither makes Theo Epstein or Joe Maddon bad guys, or schmucks. We shouldn't have said "good riddance" to either. Perhaps, both left when they needed; Joe Maddon when he needed a change, and Epstein, who figured he was in year 9 of 10 (and he never stays past ten; his theory), and that it needed to be Hoyer who steered the ship into new waters from start to finish. Recognize your events of the story has nothing to it other than your own machinations and say "hey, you know what? Maybe I was coming at this all wrong. Wow. I really enjoy learning new things!" We all do it. We all are wrong. We all have to say "Wow that's great, I didn't see it that way!" Both sides, all evidence, and reports points to this being the case and I've provided multitudes of it for your viewing pleasure. It's not really up for debate.

Or again, just go hide behind the supposed teflon shield of being a fan, and feel free to just make up whatever you want. Up to you.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 11-19-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    They should fire Manfred and he should be the next MLB Commish. He would be great for the game

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    The owners have zero issue with Manfred, however. They're there for the money, and Manfred is on their team. I'd love Theo as a commissioner. I think he'd be great. I hope he can find a way to do it; but I doubt the owners will ever want him, and probably for good reason.

They have fired coaches every single season since 2016.. itís always somebody elseís fault, except the guy actually creating the roster. Theo should have left in 2019 with Maddon and let Jed take over from there

Theo would make a great commissioner or owner in baseball but I donít think he should go the DePodesta route and fail epically in a different sport

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    You have multiple times used being "a fan" as some sort of shield to hide behind, but the bad news is this; being a fan does not absolve one of the burden of proof, does not give one carte blanche to make things up, nor does it remove the responsibility of being factual. You have consistently attacked Theo Epstein, and made wild accusations of his ego and him being the reason why Joe Maddon is not on the team. This seems to be your only basis for your opinion. You don't get to just create nonsense in the face of evidence because "I'm a fan". No one gets to just make **** up and go unchecked, that's not how anything works.

Yes, you need something credible if anyone is going to take you seriously. If you want to be on the level with the crazy, tin foil hat people, who no one bothers listening to? Go ahead I guess, be "a fan" and make up whatever story makes you feel better about Theo Epstein.

But if you'd like to be taken seriously, then consider the evidence. The Cubs and Joe Maddon broke up. They didn't see eye to eye any more. Joe Maddon got to "go home" to the organization that created him. He got to manage the best player in baseball. The Cubs hired a manager who isn't a "yes" man, but is more in line with their thinking of how the game should be played. Both Joe Maddon (in getting to go back to the Angels) and the Cubs (getting their front office back on the same level as their on the field team) turned out winners. Neither makes Theo Epstein or Joe Maddon bad guys, or schmucks. We shouldn't have said "good riddance" to either. Perhaps, both left when they needed; Joe Maddon when he needed a change, and Epstein, who figured he was in year 9 of 10 (and he never stays past ten; his theory), and that it needed to be Hoyer who steered the ship into new waters from start to finish. Recognize your events of the story has nothing to it other than your own machinations and say "hey, you know what? Maybe I was coming at this all wrong. Wow. I really enjoy learning new things!" We all do it. We all are wrong. We all have to say "Wow that's great, I didn't see it that way!" Both sides, all evidence, and reports points to this being the case and I've provided multitudes of it for your viewing pleasure. It's not really up for debate.

Or again, just go hide behind the supposed teflon shield of being a fan, and feel free to just make up whatever you want. Up to you.
    WTF are you talking about? You couldnít make me flinch and I can care less of your opinion of me or my random musings on this forum.

You are spending an inordinate amount of time trying to change my opinion or discrediting my position. As I said several posts ago we disagree.

Move on.

WTF are you talking about? You couldnít make me flinch and I can care less of your opinion of me or my random musings on this forum.

You are spending an inordinate amount of time trying to change my opinion or discrediting my position. As I said several posts ago we disagree.

Move on.

Donít worry about it too much.. this forum might as well be a whatsapp group for the same 4-5 people lol.
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 11-19-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Donít worry about it too much.. this forum might as well be a whatsapp group for the same 4-5 people lol.
    I see you edited your post or something else, but hereís further clarification for you (or any other poster for that matter):

Trying to promote any other forum on here is against the rules of PSD, and any posts doing that will lead to deleted posts and infractions on your account.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I see you edited your post or something else, but hereís further clarification for you (or any other poster for that matter):

Trying to promote any other forum on here is against the rules of PSD, and any posts doing that will lead to deleted posts and infractions on your account.
    I didnít mention anything in a post, I just mentioned he can message me or vice versa if he is looking for an alternative. Unless youíre suggesting you canít do that in private messages either which would be odd.

Move on.

Super. So you're sticking with blissful ignorance and creating your own story. We all have choices to make, you made the easy one in the face of countless facts to ignore them. Thumbs up. Why better ourselves with facts when we can create out very own narrative when we so choose?

And you're right. Finding all of those sources was a massive waste of my time. I should have realized you have no interest in changing you opinion. Stubbornness in the face of proof is not a virtue.

I didnít mention anything in a post, I just mentioned he can message me or vice versa if he is looking for an alternative. Unless youíre suggesting you canít do that in private messages either which would be odd.
    You said something to the likes of ďyouíre in the wrong Cubs forum for real conversationsĒ and then mentioned the PM message about where he can go to it.

PMs are totally fine to do that, but donít post it in an actual post on the forum to see. I saw it and thatís why I replied. I donít make the rules, but thatís a major rule on this whole forum site

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast