Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Theo - DONEZO

Theo - DONEZO

Welp, now what...

BOOM!!

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...645235201?s=19

Enviado desde mi SM-A520F mediante Tapatalk

Hoyer will be promoted to President. No news on what the Cubs will do at GM.

Knew this day would eventually come. Still a ****** feeling.

Now Iím sure the rebuild is going to begin

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Epstein has put out a statement stating he would take the next year off from baseball. So it looks like he won't be going to the Mets, unless something changes.

I wonder what changed in that he didn't do this at the end of the year. This is probably the best scenario though. They need to make a lot of changes and it didn't make much sense for him to do them with him being here for just the year. I'm sure Ricketts will love saving that money as well.

I'm disappointed in how it ended, but it's probably the right time if he's not going to be here. In theory, Hoyer should be a good lead. Bring in an out-of-organization thinker for the GM spot, and go from there.

There should be no celebration in this. Epstein has delivered the best run the Cubs have ever had. The Cubs are not a depleted barren franchise. There's a pretty good bubbling minor league system here. Epstein, in the end, is one of the 3 or 4 best at his job in the game. Maybe higher, but I'm being reserved. Anyone "disappointed" in what the Cubs did should probably re-evaluate their own expectations and ask if they were ever feasible in the MLB of this era. I think if we're being honest, most, if not all of the "failed" expectations probably are. I get raising the bar; but there's raising the bar and setting the bar at impossibly high.

Great 9 years. The best in Cubs history. We should all be glad. I'm sad to see Theo leave, I'm glad to have gotten to experience it. Hopefully, the Cubs are never the 1948-2010 dumpster fire ever again.

Damn sad, sad day

Feels weird not to have Theo Epstein at the Cubs anymore. He had one year left on his contract I believe, however, I guess there is no better time like the present for Theo to take that year off that he wants. Theo came in and played the biggest executive role (outside of financial) part in this club winning a World Series. Theo came here to do that and he did it in a sport that is damn hard to win a World Series in.

I am oddly excitement about a rebuild. This club has some decent minor leaguers who will only become better. Rebuilds can suck but the last one this club had led to winning the World Series inside 5 years.

Theo once said 10 years at one spot is about right before the message gets stale. Theo was hired in 2011, so the timing fits his narrative.

I am more than pleased with his run with the Cubs but I also not sad about him leaving because the organization needed a new voice.

Good job Theo, get ready for your HOF induction.
    Screw sabermetics.

Theo - DONEZO

Maybe Rick Hahn wants another GM job since his owner undermined his decisions haha

Not surprising.
    Kinda figured he'd step away now and let Hoyer make the decisions with this group as far as who to trade and extend since he will be the guy going forward.

I still dont think it'll be a full tear down, I think itll be more of trying to move the high salaries to get under the threshold along with trading Schwarber.

Itll be interesting to see what ideas Jed has of his own, I'm sure he has some similar as Theo but I'm sure he also wants to make his own blueprints on a successful team

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Not surprising.
    Kinda figured he'd step away now and let Hoyer make the decisions with this group as far as who to trade and extend since he will be the guy going forward.

I still dont think it'll be a full tear down, I think itll be more of trying to move the high salaries to get under the threshold along with trading Schwarber.

Itll be interesting to see what ideas Jed has of his own, I'm sure he has some similar as Theo but I'm sure he also wants to make his own blueprints on a successful team

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    The Cubs are already under the threshold today. This signals far bigger moves then that.

Theo is personally responsible for my greatest sports memory and brought me alot of joy through the teams he built, because of that I will always be grateful

At the same time though, I'm kind of ready for him to leave. This front office and core got stale and honestly I'm not too happy with the state of things that Theo is leaving this franchise in

A ton of questionable moves after 2016. I will just leave it at that.

Hope Hoyer gets a GM from outside the org.

The real Pride of the Midwest

Best GM in the history of the franchise. Gave us the best period of Cubs baseball ever. He will be missed. Dark days ahead but I'd pretty much tear the whole thing down at this point and let the new guy build from that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast