Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 113
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,036
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    no matter what we do, the earth will still be round......I've seen the pictures!
    But they use a fishbowl lens. Theyíre hiding the truth! The Earth is FLAT!

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,828
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Actually it's not. Majority thought the world was flat, that you could make gold, that rotting food made bugs. It's absolutely not a valid tactic. Truth is truth no matter how many say otherwise or so few. Sorry, cooling, no warming, no change is not man made. No men reside on other planets. It's an outside force we earthlings call The Sun.
    The majority of the world were not scientifically literate at the time. Itís not a majority of the population, itís 97% of climatologists (the people who study it for a living). Rejecting that makes no sense. If 97% of dietitians tell you eating rat poison is deadly do you ignore them because you like the flavor and say itís a lie?

    Global temp is on the rise, climate is changing and warming. There are species existing in places they never could before, ocean temps are rising. This isnít debatable and it isnt politics. Itís science.

    And with that Iím done. The way political games have abused science to create a group of followers that are ignorant of facts just to suit their political gain is ridiculous.

    These are clear facts. When you want to know about something you listen to the experts who study it as a life passion, not your gut or some random contrarian from another field. The earth is warming, humans contribute to that. Why one side picks and chooses when they want to accept scientific fact is irrelevant.

    Any fact that inconveniences one side (global warming, virus, evolution, round earth, etc) gets rejected, but it doesnít change what is real and what isnít.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,275
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    But they use a fishbowl lens. Theyíre hiding the truth! The Earth is FLAT!
    those BASTIDS!
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  4. #94
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I disagree on the gridlock. It would take longer to find the right person that earns an overwhelming majority, but thatís exactly how it should be rather than partisan nonsense.

    And That wouldnít be the purpose of multiple benches; taking a case from one to the other.

    And we do have more than one bench to rule on federal cases.
    If you take a case to federal court there are many benches/judges to handle the high volume. Scotus takes cases that get appealed up the chain to them or matters of constitutional issues. They reject most of the cases brought to them, sometimes for relevancy but also they can only take on so many cases. So why shouldnít we have another scotus panel to take the cases that are relevant but we do not currently have the bandwidth to handle? Thereís no partisan games with this. Itís a matter of efficiencyís.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You disagree and then describe gridlock. Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    Again, I explained why you can't. You need a final arbitrator that is consistent as possible. One SC, One Congress, One President.
    Last edited by brett05; 11-19-2020 at 04:24 PM.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    no matter what we do, the earth will still be round......I've seen the pictures!
    Like a quarter or a baseball?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    The majority of the world were not scientifically literate at the time. Itís not a majority of the population, itís 97% of climatologists (the people who study it for a living). Rejecting that makes no sense. If 97% of dietitians tell you eating rat poison is deadly do you ignore them because you like the flavor and say itís a lie?

    Global temp is on the rise, climate is changing and warming. There are species existing in places they never could before, ocean temps are rising. This isnít debatable and it isnt politics. Itís science.

    And with that Iím done. The way political games have abused science to create a group of followers that are ignorant of facts just to suit their political gain is ridiculous.

    These are clear facts. When you want to know about something you listen to the experts who study it as a life passion, not your gut or some random contrarian from another field. The earth is warming, humans contribute to that. Why one side picks and chooses when they want to accept scientific fact is irrelevant.

    Any fact that inconveniences one side (global warming, virus, evolution, round earth, etc) gets rejected, but it doesnít change what is real and what isnít.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They aren't literate now, but we are not talking about the world.

    It's getting colder, it's getting warmer, no it's changing. The story changes often as does the place of measurement. The Museum of Science and Industry has an exhibit that shows ice melts. Two pictures however the second picture has ice in different locations than the first. It's pretty funny actually. No, it's not man made. The Sun is our primary cause by miles and miles. It's why other planets are warming as well. Those are the true facts. But we can end it now. No problem.

    I won't even bother with your other assertions to facts. You don't seem interested and this is not the appropriate thread to hash that out even if you were.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    55,476
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    They aren't literate now, but we are not talking about the world.

    It's getting colder, it's getting warmer, no it's changing. The story changes often as does the place of measurement. The Museum of Science and Industry has an exhibit that shows ice melts. Two pictures however the second picture has ice in different locations than the first. It's pretty funny actually. No, it's not man made. The Sun is our primary cause by miles and miles. It's why other planets are warming as well. Those are the true facts. But we can end it now. No problem.

    I won't even bother with your other assertions to facts. You don't seem interested and this is not the appropriate thread to hash that out even if you were.
    w o w

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,753
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    i think this shows how little you know of conservative policy.

    America first....in covid cases
    comprehensive legal immigration reform......lock up anyone seeking asylum and take their children
    less regulation to encourage jobs and wages........more money for corporations and more laid off workers you mean
    reasonable environmental controls......... who needs clean water and air anyway
    allowing coverage on pre-existing conditions for medical...the gop has been working to get rid of that
    less federal government returning more control to individuals........except for women
    ending legislation from the bench by filling vacancies with such minded judges......huh
    ending the murder of innocent unborns........thank god, conservatives are fighting for less government control of individuals.
    strong military........it's a good thing trump came in to "save" the military. I guess being the number one military in the world many times over wasn't enough.

    it's a platform that a great deal of americans want however even the conservatives have bigger eyes than wallets and spend, spend, spend. They like to say they are different than liberals in finances but they don't show it.
    :d

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,828
    Taking longer to get it right isnít gridlock.

    I think thereís a misunderstanding still. There would still be one scotus. But they could handle a larger case load.

    There would just be more benches.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,828
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    w o w
    Yeah clearly not a strong suit.

    Iíll just say I agree with him, this isnít the thread for that....debate? Discussion? Schooling? Whatever is needed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #101
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Taking longer to get it right isnít gridlock.

    I think thereís a misunderstanding still. There would still be one scotus. But they could handle a larger case load.

    There would just be more benches.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    More benches is not one SC.

    Gridlock is that they'd not get consensus in a reasonable amount of time.

    I'm not sure they have to take more cases. Not every case should go to the SC.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  12. #102
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah clearly not a strong suit.

    Iíll just say I agree with him, this isnít the thread for that....debate? Discussion? Schooling? Whatever is needed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Funny we have the same answer for each other.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  13. #103
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I'm not interested in digging them up again. The next case he settles left that I am aware of I'll let you know.
    It didn't take long
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/27/polit...one/index.html
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    74,384
    Interesting to see Republicans pretending to care about policy again

    All the GOP is, right now, is a culture war party. That's it. That's all they have. All they do is flip out over "Libs are trying to kill Thanksgiving".

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I think this shows how little you know of conservative policy.

    America First
    An empty platitude. Republicans have not led in any "America first" type of way unless you're talking about vapid nationalism, the most wasteful and bloated military and economic policies that have left the working class 100% behind.

    Comprehensive Legal Immigration Reform
    Again. What does this mean? Can you point me towards the party platform on this? Or someone in particular's? Some of this is ignorance but man, don't Republicans just want to end all immigration (well, sans the the highly educated)? Is that not very clearly what Trump tried to do? The majority of this country doesn't want closed borders.

    Less Regulation to Encourage Jobs and Wages
    Yes. The famous Republican platform of increasing wages for the working class. It explains why all they care to do when in power is cut taxes for the rich. At least you guys aren't pretending like "trickle down economics" is a thing anymore. Not that anyone will admit it they were wrong and those economic policies perpetuated the massive and growing wealth gap.

    Reasonable Environmental Controls
    Yeah? How can you say this with a straight face?

    Allowing coverage on pre-existing conditions for Medical
    But keeping healthcare costs insanely high and coverage insanely low. How nice of them!

    Less Federal Government returning more control to Individuals
    No one loves big government more than Republicans. They just pretend not to when not in power to stop the government ever doing anything worthwhile for its people.

    Ending legislation from the bench by filling vacancies with such minded judges
    Packing the courts with right-wing loons who want to turn this into a theocratic right-wing police state.

    Ending the murder of innocent unborns
    "Small government". Not to mention all the state-sanctioned murder they support.

    Strong Military
    Popular you said? Our military is plenty strong The problem is it's too strong. At the expense of, well, anything that actually helps out struggling Americans.




    But yeah, ewing is right. Dems aren't dreamers and most of them think half this **** you do too. Neera Tanden is the hot topic issue of the day. She's a war hawk. She doesn't support universal health care. Out of touch corporatists and war hawks looking after themselves. She's long advocated for cutting Social Security. She busted her own company's union! That's what this administration is. And Biden is basically thumbing his nose at the left at this point. Few people are openly as antagonistic towards progressivism than Neera Tanden. Or hell, Joe Biden for 90% of his career.

    Anyways.

    As Ed Markey said, ask what our government can do for us. Maybe someday Dems will start realizing people need something. I'm fearful Biden will be an austerity President and this stupid cycle of losing to absolute GHOULS on the right ends. Not sure there's reason to believe they've sipped any medicine.
    HELLO

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    They aren't literate now, but we are not talking about the world.

    It's getting colder, it's getting warmer, no it's changing. The story changes often as does the place of measurement. The Museum of Science and Industry has an exhibit that shows ice melts. Two pictures however the second picture has ice in different locations than the first. It's pretty funny actually. No, it's not man made. The Sun is our primary cause by miles and miles. It's why other planets are warming as well. Those are the true facts. But we can end it now. No problem.

    I won't even bother with your other assertions to facts. You don't seem interested and this is not the appropriate thread to hash that out even if you were.
    This is really the problem America faces right now more than anything. The ignorance matched by the arrogance.

    It's why I don't really have much hope for the future. People spend their lives researching a subject to have someone who knows absolutely nothing question their research in such a mundane unintellectual way.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •