Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 95 of 97 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1441
  1. #1411
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,973
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I could be wrong, but it felt like Brock was on TV more than off this last time around.
    He was on tv more often than he was in his previous contracts but I think that had more to do with the fact that he actually enjoyed his creative direction for once. Vince probably asked him to do more dates and laid out his face run.

    I don't know what Reign's deal is like in terms of how often he has to show up. I'd bet its less than a 100 dates a year though. Brock never came close to that. I feel like even with this new deal, Brock was doing probably 40 dates a year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-04-2022 at 03:59 PM.

  2. #1412
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    122,294
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Only guys who are taking those titles from Reigns are Cody, McIntyre, Rollins or Lashley. Tick tock on picking one.

    I used to think those belts were coming off Reigns but if Smackdown continually draws the most viewers of every wrestling program, there's really no reason for him to drop it. The WWE accomplished what they wanted to pull off. Make him an attraction by being part time and not defending the belts on every PPV. He's the new Brock Lesnar.
    yup... roman is pretty much box office at this point. He is bigger than anything in wwe or aew and its going to get him bank for years to come even if he fails in hollywood. Roman has improved in every area compared to just 3 years ago.

  3. #1413
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    7,023
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    yup... roman is pretty much box office at this point. He is bigger than anything in wwe or aew and its going to get him bank for years to come even if he fails in hollywood. Roman has improved in every area compared to just 3 years ago.
    If Roman is "box office" like you say he is...then he does not need the belt. Him chasing the gold would be just as if not more entertaining them him keeping the belt. In fact, I actually would like to see Drew Mc and Roman do a double turn. With the help of Paul Heyman and "The Brawling Brutes" Mc turns heel while capturing the title. McIntrye joins that group and Heyman as their voice and they displaced Bloodline as the top heel faction. Write off Roman and The Uso for a couple of months to rest and heal up for the season premier. When Bloodline returns, you have a ready made feud between Bloodline and The Brawling Brutes. I don't think smackdown would lose viewers if Mcintrye is champ. I think fans are ready to root for this version of Roman Reigns.
    -------------

    If the rumors are true that HHH is getting rid of heavy scripted promos, that will go a long way to improving the show's quality.
    Screw sabermetics.

  4. #1414
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    122,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If Roman is "box office" like you say he is...then he does not need the belt. Him chasing the gold would be just as if not more entertaining them him keeping the belt. In fact, I actually would like to see Drew Mc and Roman do a double turn. With the help of Paul Heyman and "The Brawling Brutes" Mc turns heel while capturing the title. McIntrye joins that group and Heyman as their voice and they displaced Bloodline as the top heel faction. Write off Roman and The Uso for a couple of months to rest and heal up for the season premier. When Bloodline returns, you have a ready made feud between Bloodline and The Brawling Brutes. I don't think smackdown would lose viewers if Mcintrye is champ. I think fans are ready to root for this version of Roman Reigns.
    -------------

    If the rumors are true that HHH is getting rid of heavy scripted promos, that will go a long way to improving the show's quality.
    roman is going to lose the titles and leave for a while... when he returns he will basically be brock lesnar etc in terms of how they book him except he will be full on face but with the current aknowledge me swagger. He doesnt need the belts right now but they are keeping the belts on him because he is just about the hottest thing in any wrestling right now lol. He is dominating in terms of getting the ratings/views etc. Do I want him to lose the titles? yes and its mostly because he has both of them... If he still had 1 id be fine for him keeping it but he should lose it to mac but lets be clear... If you think people are going to tune in anywhere near as much to see mac defend the world title compared to roman you are sadly mistaken and that is what matters

  5. #1415
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,448
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    roman is going to lose the titles and leave for a while... when he returns he will basically be brock lesnar etc in terms of how they book him except he will be full on face but with the current aknowledge me swagger. He doesnt need the belts right now but they are keeping the belts on him because he is just about the hottest thing in any wrestling right now lol. He is dominating in terms of getting the ratings/views etc. Do I want him to lose the titles? yes and its mostly because he has both of them... If he still had 1 id be fine for him keeping it but he should lose it to mac but lets be clear... If you think people are going to tune in anywhere near as much to see mac defend the world title compared to roman you are sadly mistaken and that is what matters
    I actually would like to see the titles split up again and have a champion on Raw and one on Smackdown again. I understand Roman has earned the right to come and go as needed, but here is what bothered me before:

    WrestleMania 38 was April 2 and 3. Roman's next "Title Defense" was on July 17 against Riddle. So you are looking at 4 months and 3 full PPV's, where neither your WWE Championship or your Undisputed Championship were defended in any capacity whatsoever. That's pitiful on so many levels and it is time to get the titles off Roman and start some new feuds.
    Eichel Tower

  6. #1416
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,973
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I actually would like to see the titles split up again and have a champion on Raw and one on Smackdown again. I understand Roman has earned the right to come and go as needed, but here is what bothered me before:

    WrestleMania 38 was April 2 and 3. Roman's next "Title Defense" was on July 17 against Riddle. So you are looking at 4 months and 3 full PPV's, where neither your WWE Championship or your Undisputed Championship were defended in any capacity whatsoever. That's pitiful on so many levels and it is time to get the titles off Roman and start some new feuds.
    I think once Roman loses those belts they will. I can't see any of the guys who do beat him holding both championships for long.

    There's no doubting Reign's drawing power though. Smackdown regularly does over 2 million viewers every week. That's in large part due to Roman. He's the guy and having him around less frequently is the direct opposite of diminishing returns if he was on the shows more regularly.

  7. #1417
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    7,023
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    If you think people are going to tune in anywhere near as much to see mac defend the world title compared to roman you are sadly mistaken and that is what matters
    If they lose rating because they are switching the titles from Roman to Drew then shame on the WWE. Drew has everything that Roman has and more. He has the look, the skills, the move set and more important is a better in-ring performer than Roman. If people tuned out because Roman does not have the belts, then good riddance to them. They ain't wrestling fans, they are Roman fans.

    IMO, fans are not tuning in to watch Roman, they tuning in to see if Roman losses the belts. Book Drew right and the viewers should still be there.
    Screw sabermetics.

  8. #1418
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If they lose rating because they are switching the titles from Roman to Drew then shame on the WWE. Drew has everything that Roman has and more. He has the look, the skills, the move set and more important is a better in-ring performer than Roman. If people tuned out because Roman does not have the belts, then good riddance to them. They ain't wrestling fans, they are Roman fans.

    IMO, fans are not tuning in to watch Roman, they tuning in to see if Roman losses the belts. Book Drew right and the viewers should still be there.
    I was sold on Drew being the guy who took the title from Reigns but since they gave Reigns both belts, I don't see it anymore. It would be great to see him go over in the UK but I see a screwy finish, especially now that Karrion Kross is back and with the way they booked him last night. Good job on HHH bringing him back though. Vince ****ed him over with that gimp gimmick. Kross has the makings of a real star. He has the look, he can cut a good promo, he's solid in the ring, and his wife is an excellent manager.

    Shame because I want Drew to have another run with at least one of the belts. He and Lashley were the best part of the pandemic era in WWE. Drew deserves a run with the belt where fans are in attendance.

  9. #1419
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    122,294
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    If they lose rating because they are switching the titles from Roman to Drew then shame on the WWE. Drew has everything that Roman has and more. He has the look, the skills, the move set and more important is a better in-ring performer than Roman. If people tuned out because Roman does not have the belts, then good riddance to them. They ain't wrestling fans, they are Roman fans.

    IMO, fans are not tuning in to watch Roman, they tuning in to see if Roman losses the belts. Book Drew right and the viewers should still be there.
    roman rarely ever defends the belts and the ratings for smackdown when he is on are high... people are tuning in for him because he is blockbuster. I do agree with mac being better in the ring but roman has everything else... romans gimmick sends it over the top over mac. Mac and roman on the mic is a wash and mac isnt that much better than roman in the ring to make this even a discussion... As much as I love mac he would basically be a big level below what roman brings

    Ratings arent the only thing either merch sales are a big big deal

    https://nodq.com/news/wwes-top-merch...2021-revealed/

    last years top merch movers

    Steve Austin $3,657,224
    John Cena $2,649,836
    Alexa Bliss $1,645,945
    New World Order $1,292,561
    Roman Reigns $1,164,253
    The Rock $992,114
    Jimmy Uso $885,930
    Jey Uso $862,130
    Ultimate Warrior $825,841
    Eddie Guerrero $704,436
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 08-06-2022 at 07:53 PM.

  10. #1420
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    7,023
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    roman rarely ever defends the belts and the ratings for smackdown when he is on are high... people are tuning in for him because he is blockbuster.
    Rating are not "high" (or low), they've been roughly the same for the past few years. The best you can say about Reigns is that he keeps the current fans tuning in. Roman does NOT bring in new viewers, he simply keeps the current viewers. I am 100% confident that you take Drew or AJ and put the belt on them, viewers will continue to watch. Why? Because they are WWE fans. IOW, the belt has made Roman, not the other way around.

    And if Roman is really the "Star" people say he is, then why hasn't Hollywood come calling? Other than a movie his cousin help get him on, the only other films (as of right now) connected to Roman is an animation film and a David Spade film. Basically, WWE has severely overrated and overhyped Roman Reigns "Star" power. I do not see Reigns as the star WWE is pushing VERY HARD to make him out to be.
    Screw sabermetics.

  11. #1421
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,973
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    roman rarely ever defends the belts and the ratings for smackdown when he is on are high... people are tuning in for him because he is blockbuster. I do agree with mac being better in the ring but roman has everything else... romans gimmick sends it over the top over mac. Mac and roman on the mic is a wash and mac isnt that much better than roman in the ring to make this even a discussion... As much as I love mac he would basically be a big level below what roman brings

    Ratings arent the only thing either merch sales are a big big deal

    https://nodq.com/news/wwes-top-merch...2021-revealed/

    last years top merch movers

    Steve Austin $3,657,224
    John Cena $2,649,836
    Alexa Bliss $1,645,945
    New World Order $1,292,561
    Roman Reigns $1,164,253
    The Rock $992,114
    Jimmy Uso $885,930
    Jey Uso $862,130
    Ultimate Warrior $825,841
    Eddie Guerrero $704,436
    Its amazing how Austin has basically been retired from regular competition for 20 years and is still the WWE's biggest merchandise mover.

  12. #1422
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Rating are not "high" (or low), they've been roughly the same for the past few years. The best you can say about Reigns is that he keeps the current fans tuning in. Roman does NOT bring in new viewers, he simply keeps the current viewers. I am 100% confident that you take Drew or AJ and put the belt on them, viewers will continue to watch. Why? Because they are WWE fans. IOW, the belt has made Roman, not the other way around.

    And if Roman is really the "Star" people say he is, then why hasn't Hollywood come calling? Other than a movie his cousin help get him on, the only other films (as of right now) connected to Roman is an animation film and a David Spade film. Basically, WWE has severely overrated and overhyped Roman Reigns "Star" power. I do not see Reigns as the star WWE is pushing VERY HARD to make him out to be.
    He easily the biggest star the WWE has had since Cena was a regular. That might not mean a lot to us but it means something to WWE. I do think you're underselling what Reigns means to that company and what it will mean when he eventually goes Hollywood. He won't be easily replaced. He's the best heel on the roster at the moment and hands down their most marketable superstar.

    He'll be in Hollywood soon enough. That's part of the reason he took lesser dates to open his schedule to doing other things. He'll be gone by the time this contract ends.

  13. #1423
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,973
    Crazy how much this woman looks like Chyna btw. She nailed it.


  14. #1424
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    7,023
    I am moving on from the Roman Reigns nonsense. Let's agree to disagree about how big a star he really is.

    ----------

    Since Vince's "retirement", I've liked the changes HHH has started to implement. Not just bringing Karrion Cross back but bringing back his wife to be part of the act was the correct counter to Vince's insanity when he(Karrion) was first called up. This gives me hope that Johnny Gargano and his wife, Candace, Tegan Knox and a few other NXT folks will be returning in the near future. I still hope Butch will be dropped and Pete Dunne will return. Bringing back Dakota Kai and Lo Shirai is also a good thing, especially for the women's tag team division.

    Dexter Lumis is now on the main roster and Dijakovic hinting at not just a return to the main roster but as his
    "Dominick Dijakovic" character from NXT. Ciampi giving Lashley a legit healthy competitve match for the US Ttile.

    There is/was a serious disconnect between HHH and Vince over NXT. HHH is now trying to correct Vince's mistakes with these former NXT guys.
    Last edited by Bluefire; 08-10-2022 at 10:12 AM.
    Screw sabermetics.

  15. #1425
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    122,294
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its amazing how Austin has basically been retired from regular competition for 20 years and is still the WWE's biggest merchandise mover.
    yup and also what is shocking here is bliss... they are realling missing the chance of doing more with her chracter and the doll. Make her add another doll etc or something. Lilly is hella popular lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •