Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1426
  1. #1321
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,574
    Just cause you didn't know who they were doesn't mean others didn't.

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

  2. #1322
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Just cause you didn't know who they were doesn't mean others didn't.

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
    Yes because ROH was bringing in millions of viewers a week and selling out 15 thousand seat arenas on a weekly basis. Not to mention, selling out stadiums with 70 or 80 thousand seats for their premium PPVs.

    I'm not saying no one knew who these guys were. I'm saying WWE made them stars or at the very least gave them the platform to become stars. If you don't believe that, whatever, but it doesn't make it any less true.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-28-2022 at 01:25 AM.

  3. #1323
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,574
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yes because ROH was bringing in millions of viewers a week and selling out 15 thousand seat arenas on a weekly basis. Not to mention, selling out stadiums with 70 or 80 thousand seats for their premium PPVs.

    I'm not saying no one knew who these guys were. I'm saying WWE made them stars or at the very least gave them the platform to become stars. If you don't believe that, whatever, but it doesn't make it any less true.
    And I disagree but whatever I'm done talking about it.

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

  4. #1324
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    And I disagree but whatever I'm done talking about it.

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
    Disagree all you want. It doesn't make you any less wrong. These guys became the stars they are today not just because of their ability to get over but also because of the audience WWE gave them. An audience that no other wrestling promotion came remotely close to for almost 20 years.

  5. #1325
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,574
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Disagree all you want. It doesn't make you any less wrong. These guys became the stars they are today not just because of their ability to get over but also because of the audience WWE gave them. An audience that no other wrestling promotion came remotely close to for almost 20 years.
    yep wwe is the only wrestling company got ya. You guys are awful sometimes. watch something else besides watered down wwe for once really.(and I don't mean aew. That wasn't around at this point) I knew who punk was years before wwe same with Cole and others. And guess what I'm not the only one.

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Midnightbottle; 06-28-2022 at 03:11 AM.

  6. #1326
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    yep wwe is the only wrestling company got ya. You guys are awful sometimes. watch something else besides watered down wwe for once really.(and I don't mean aew. That wasn't around at this point) I knew who punk was years before wwe same with Cole and others. And guess what I'm not the only one.

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
    Rare time coming up.

    No one is saying you were the only one. Indie wrestling is a niche. The internet has made it more accessible, but it's still a niche. The WWF/E along with WCW and to a lesser extent ECW allowed some to be stars on a global level. And it's really not even close. For every great fan (I mean that) like you, there are 100-1,000 fans like me.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  7. #1327
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    yep wwe is the only wrestling company got ya. You guys are awful sometimes. watch something else besides watered down wwe for once really.(and I don't mean aew. That wasn't around at this point) I knew who punk was years before wwe same with Cole and others. And guess what I'm not the only one.

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
    Never said they were. I'm saying Punk and others benefitted from having exposure they wouldn't have in other companies. Punk was on Raw and Smackdown when they were still pulling in 3 and 4 million viewers per week and that was just in the states. That doesn't include WWE's global audience. If you can't figure out why that helped him become a big star, then that's on you.

    Btw, I remember Punk from his time in TNA because guess what? He was on national television. That's my point. You can't undermine the importance of having those tv deals and how dominant WWE was as a company in relation to all its competition for nearly 2 decades.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-28-2022 at 12:25 PM.

  8. #1328
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,574
    Its like talking to a wall with you wwe fans sometimes I swear

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

  9. #1329
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    Its like talking to a wall with you wwe fans sometimes I swear.
    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
    Where do you think most people remember Punk, Bryan and Moxley from?
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-28-2022 at 03:52 PM.

  10. #1330
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,574
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Question. Where do you think most people remember Punk, Bryan and Moxley from?
    I never said they didnt get bigger fan bases from going to wwe. I said these guys were known before they got there.

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

  11. #1331
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    I never said they didnt get bigger fan bases from going to wwe. I said these guys were known before they got there.

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
    And I am saying they are much more known because of being on television every week being in WWE.

  12. #1332
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,574
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    And I am saying they are much more known because of being on television every week being in WWE.
    And I never said they weren't.

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk

  13. #1333
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    122,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post
    yep wwe is the only wrestling company got ya. You guys are awful sometimes. watch something else besides watered down wwe for once really.(and I don't mean aew. That wasn't around at this point) I knew who punk was years before wwe same with Cole and others. And guess what I'm not the only one.

    Sent from my LM-K500 using Tapatalk
    lol yes it is in terms of making guys bigger than they are

  14. #1334
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,718
    I'm just going to throw my 2 cents in here. I haven't watched wrestling in a long *** time, like over 5 to 7 years (last show I saw/went to was Brock in Chicago ripping a door off a car), but I for some reason watched Forbidden Door Sunday night, and that might have been one of the best PPVs I have seen since ECW One Night Stand. I didn't even know who half the wrestlers were but the difference in the actual wrestling part AEW is doing vs WWE is night and day.

    WWE can make all the bigger guys to brand names but wrestling wise, they have been unwatchable for over a decade.

  15. #1335
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    48,732
    Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I'm just going to throw my 2 cents in here. I haven't watched wrestling in a long *** time, like over 5 to 7 years (last show I saw/went to was Brock in Chicago ripping a door off a car), but I for some reason watched Forbidden Door Sunday night, and that might have been one of the best PPVs I have seen since ECW One Night Stand. I didn't even know who half the wrestlers were but the difference in the actual wrestling part AEW is doing vs WWE is night and day.

    WWE can make all the bigger guys to brand names but wrestling wise, they have been unwatchable for over a decade.
    The wrestling in AEW is worlds better than WWE but I think the argument always was that the technical aspect of wrestling is not what crosses over. If it was, NJPW and AEW would be running circles around WWE in terms of viewership, merchandise sales, global presence, etc and they're not. You need compelling characters, storylines, feuds that get people interested in watching.

    I'm not saying WWE does this great job of that either but there's a reason why Smackdown is the most watched wrestling show going. And I dont think the wrestling on WWE programming is bad btw. Yes, there are bad wrestlers in WWE but there are also a ton of good ones. The Usos, New Day, Rollins, Cody, AJ, Owens, Zayn, Orton, Balor, Edge, Rey, The Street Profits, Riddle, Drew, Theory, Gunther, Gable, Ricochet, Riddle, Reigns, Naomi, Bianca, Sasha (assuming she comes back), Charlotte, Asuka, Becky, are all solid wrestlers imo. Some better than others obviously.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-30-2022 at 12:09 AM.

Page 89 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •