Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1369
  1. #1156
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    10,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I think the Sasha thing is probably a work. If it's not though, they should just be done with her. Also, the female tag titles are useless.
    isn't she the one that would bully some of the new women if they weren't what she considered wrestlers? like the ones that weren't fans growing up and came to wrestling in a non traditional way?

  2. #1157
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I think the Sasha thing is probably a work. If it's not though, they should just be done with her. Also, the female tag titles are useless.
    That division has too many titles.

  3. #1158
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,442
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Meltzer is reporting its something contractual as well as apparently both are soon to be FA. I don't know how true that is but if it plays a part in this whole situation, maybe its a leverage thing. The depth on the women's side of the roster is awful. It has been since they started purging talent. I'm sure Sasha and Naomi are aware of that.

    I don't know what WWE does but I doubt they release them.

    I agree most of the belts are meaningless but I don't think the WWE/Universal title and women's Smackdown and Raw championships are. Obviously the women don't draw like the men do but they're on a much more elevated playing field than they were even 10 years ago.

    The women's tag titles aren't worth the leather they're strapped on though and that doesn't have as much to do with the belts but the lack of serious competition for them. Not to mention how the WWE books all their secondary champions to lose non title matches almost constantly.
    metswon, I guess meaningless was a wrong choice of words. I think I used it to talk about those titles in the sense that I feel like they are losing their value because I don't feel the holders are ever going to change anytime soon. Is there anyone right now that you can see taking the belts off of Roman Reigns or Rhonda Rousey? Between Reigns, Rousey, and Belair, the only one I could see of the 3 losing their title anytime in this calendar year is Belair.
    Eichel Tower

  4. #1159
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    122,146
    at times i really wish wwe was more like the ufc or boxing and have weight divisions. I know it cant happen but man it would fix a ton of ****

  5. #1160
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    47,399
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    metswon, I guess meaningless was a wrong choice of words. I think I used it to talk about those titles in the sense that I feel like they are losing their value because I don't feel the holders are ever going to change anytime soon. Is there anyone right now that you can see taking the belts off of Roman Reigns or Rhonda Rousey? Between Reigns, Rousey, and Belair, the only one I could see of the 3 losing their title anytime in this calendar year is Belair.
    No, you're right. Meaningless is a good word lol because most of the titles are exactly that. I don't know how to feel about the main men and women's titles. Ronda is too big of a name not to be a dominant champion but the thing is after next WrestleMania you probably won't see anymore. Bianca they are building to be the next face of the women's division so she's going to get an extended run with the belt. I think she'll eventually lose it to Rhea though.

    As for Roman, hopefully someone takes at least one of those belts off him soon. I think they're building towards that with guys like Drew and Cody. I don't believe that WrestleMania match with the Rock next year (assuming it happens) will be for both straps. Maybe one. Maybe none at all.

  6. #1161
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,817
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    at times i really wish wwe was more like the ufc or boxing and have weight divisions. I know it cant happen but man it would fix a ton of ****
    They will have a title for every 15 pound increment then.

  7. #1162
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    122,146
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=balG...ab_channel=WWE


    let me be clear i really wanted rkobro to win but holy **** this was the perfect way to go... the kids in the crowd crying and the emotion felt like old wwe. The love for rko bro by the fanbase and the hate for the usos in this moment after a fantastic match was perfect. Not happy the usos won but i get it.

  8. #1163
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    47,399
    Well obviously Sasha and Naomi walking out wasn't a work because the WWE spent a good part of Raw and especially Smackdown burying both of them. Not to mention, they were indefinitely suspended. You can't get even get any of their merchandise on WWE's website.

    From Michael Cole being fed lines to call them out to Corbin's promo that was an obvious shot at them, Vince is like a 10 year old when it comes to petty vindictiveness. I don't see how that entices either of them to come back if they are indeed close to their contracts expiring.

    As for the unified tag titles, I mean it was pretty obvious it was happening. I'm just surprised they did it on a random episode of Smackdown. Figured they would leave it for HIAC.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-21-2022 at 12:28 PM.

  9. #1164
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    38,079
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Well obviously Sasha and Naomi walking out wasn't a work because the WWE spent a good part of Raw and especially Smackdown burying both of them. Not to mention, they were indefinitely suspended. You can't get even get any of their merchandise on WWE's website.

    From Michael Cole being fed lines to call them out to Corbin's promo that was an obvious shot at them, Vince is like a 10 year old when it comes to petty vindictiveness. I don't see how that entices either of them to come back if they are indeed close to their contracts expiring.

    As for the unified tag titles, I mean it was pretty obvious it was happening. I'm just surprised they did it on a random episode of Smackdown. Figured they would leave it for HIAC.
    My guess is they will have a rematch at HIAC, especially how it ended.

    Yeah, I guess the Sasha thing is legit. They would be fine letting them both go. Sasha is a pain anyway and neither will offer much for AEW after the first few weeks. I can't believe they are having a tournament for the tag titles though. They should just get rid of them. We are going to get a lot of made up teams to fill the tournament. I never understood why they created the belts in the first place.

  10. #1165
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    47,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    My guess is they will have a rematch at HIAC, especially how it ended.

    Yeah, I guess the Sasha thing is legit. They would be fine letting them both go. Sasha is a pain anyway and neither will offer much for AEW after the first few weeks. I can't believe they are having a tournament for the tag titles though. They should just get rid of them. We are going to get a lot of made up teams to fill the tournament. I never understood why they created the belts in the first place.
    Yeah no doubt.

    I think Sasha is gone. Naomi might stay because her family is there. I could be wrong about Naomi but Sasha seems a lot more high maintenance. I don't get it either. They have like 3 women's tag teams. They're just going to hotshot some women together for the sake of the tournament. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw the Bella Twins come back for a while too.

    As for the belts, I guess they wanted to put the women on a higher platform and its obviously something the WWE women wanted. It just hasn't worked out because male fans don't give a **** about female wrestling to the point where WWE wants to push it like they do with the men. Its also a product of a shallow women's division because of all the roster cuts. That and Johnny Ace and Bruce still think this is the 90s where women's wrestling has to be oversexualized.

  11. #1166
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    6,173
    Are there perhaps some NXT women that would be credible getting not just a roster fill for the tourney but actual call ups?
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  12. #1167
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    My guess is they will have a rematch at HIAC, especially how it ended.

    Yeah, I guess the Sasha thing is legit. They would be fine letting them both go. Sasha is a pain anyway and neither will offer much for AEW after the first few weeks. I can't believe they are having a tournament for the tag titles though. They should just get rid of them. We are going to get a lot of made up teams to fill the tournament. I never understood why they created the belts in the first place.
    Sasha Banks could go to AEW right now and literally be one of the top 2 or 3 females on that entire roster.
    Eichel Tower

  13. #1168
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,442
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah no doubt.

    I think Sasha is gone. Naomi might stay because her family is there. I could be wrong about Naomi but Sasha seems a lot more high maintenance. I don't get it either. They have like 3 women's tag teams. They're just going to hotshot some women together for the sake of the tournament. I wouldn't be surprised if you saw the Bella Twins come back for a while too.

    As for the belts, I guess they wanted to put the women on a higher platform and its obviously something the WWE women wanted. It just hasn't worked out because male fans don't give a **** about female wrestling to the point where WWE wants to push it like they do with the men. Its also a product of a shallow women's division because of all the roster cuts. That and Johnny Ace and Bruce still think this is the 90s where women's wrestling has to be oversexualized.
    And the fact that Vince only cares about Ronda, Charlotte, Becky, and Bianca.
    Eichel Tower

  14. #1169
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    47,399
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    And the fact that Vince only cares about Ronda, Charlotte, Becky, and Bianca.
    Pretty much. I think we've all complained about that. Fans ***** about the women's division in AEW but WWE's is arguably just as bad.

    All Vince cares about is faces of his product. Meanwhile, it buries a lot of the other competition in the process. Hence why Roman has held the Universal title for 600 days. That's why Charlotte needs an extended break too imo. I know MTM loves her but its not good for her to be champion or chasing belts all the time.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-23-2022 at 11:18 AM.

  15. #1170
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    I don't get what they are doing with Lacey Evans. They give her these vignettes on SD promoting as a face. Now she is a heel on Raw?
    Quite honestly, they have ruined Lacey Evans before she has even set foot inside the ring.
    Eichel Tower

Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •