Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1770
  1. #1756
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    7,472
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Speaking of Bray, I never got him. He is a good talker, but he can't wrestle. I thought his best gimmick was the backwoods faction. I wish that match was against someone else, I am starting to like LA Knight, I think he has something.
    Same here. I don't see him consistent main event guy but more of a high end 2nd tier guy, in the IC/US range.

    -----------

    And yes, sign me up for a Gunther .v. Lesnar match. Gunther .v. Lesnar for the IC belt would be awesome.
    Screw sabermetics.

  2. #1757
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Speaking of Bray, I never got him. He is a good talker, but he can't wrestle. I thought his best gimmick was the backwoods faction. I wish that match was against someone else, I am starting to like LA Knight, I think he has something.
    Same. He does better when he has a faction. Maybe they're going there again but its an incredibly slow build. I always thought there was a chance that LA Knight would be more over in this feud than Bray because he cuts a better promo than Bray does. I get why they did it. They wanted LA's first feud to be big and they wanted Bray to have someone he could work off of in promos but it probably did the opposite of what it intended. It made Bray less over and LA Knight more over.

    I don't know where Bray's niche is to be honest. He's just really hard to book.

  3. #1758
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,681
    I was excited for Wyatt being back I even watched wwe for a bit to see him. But its been meh. I hope it's gets better.

    Sent from my SM-A037U using Tapatalk

  4. #1759
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,473
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This

    The two Rumble matches were bad. If it weren't for Sami leaving (which didn't have to happen at the PPV), one of the Rumble matches should have closed the show. For me this was one of the weakest PPVs in some time.

    How can you have Booker T come out? If you aren't going to do surprises, let a Nakamura or Sami or a member of the Brawling Brutes or Viking Raiders get the spot. Anyone but Booker.
    Let's be realistic with ourselves, the Royal Rumble is a flawed concept anyways. When you looked at this year's Men's Royal Rumble, there were realistically only 3 winners, two of which were a fan hope and prayer that they entered: Sami Zayn, The Rock, and Cody Rhodes.

    With the Women's Royal Rumble, there were realistically two winners this year: Becky Lynch and Rhea Ripley.

    Once you add the concept of having a Main Event Shot at WrestleMania into the equation, most of the participants are just fillers for the 30 people involved. Does anyone really believe for a second that Kofi Kingston is going to win the Royal Rumble? Or the Miz? Indi Hartwell?
    Eichel Tower

  5. #1760
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    7,472
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Let's be realistic with ourselves, the Royal Rumble is a flawed concept anyways. When you looked at this year's Men's Royal Rumble, there were realistically only 3 winners, two of which were a fan hope and prayer that they entered: Sami Zayn, The Rock, and Cody Rhodes.

    With the Women's Royal Rumble, there were realistically two winners this year: Becky Lynch and Rhea Ripley.
    And whose fault is that for having so few "realistic" options at winning the RR?

    ---------------

    With that said, I notice Zach Ryder's wife (Chelsea Green) made an appearance in the Women's RR. How long until Zach Ryder makes he way back to WWE tv. He may not be in the ME scent, but he would be another solid worker in the IC/US tier.
    Screw sabermetics.

  6. #1761
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    With that said, I notice Zach Ryder's wife (Chelsea Green) made an appearance in the Women's RR. How long until Zach Ryder makes he way back to WWE tv. He may not be in the ME scent, but he would be another solid worker in the IC/US tier.
    He is a solid worker, but the WWE has lots of that IMO already and have no clue how to use their talent effectively. It's almost like the 80s and 90s WWF with jobbers after jobbers until something like a PPV or Saturday Night's Main Event. We just know more about the jobbers now than before making us think they have a bloated roster.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  7. #1762
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Posts
    16,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    And whose fault is that for having so few "realistic" options at winning the RR?

    ---------------

    With that said, I notice Zach Ryder's wife (Chelsea Green) made an appearance in the Women's RR. How long until Zach Ryder makes he way back to WWE tv. He may not be in the ME scent, but he would be another solid worker in the IC/US tier.
    I think there are a lot of realistic options, but what is going to "draw" at WrestleMania and how does it fit from a storyline aspect? If you are looking at Roman Reigns, only three matches realistically make sense at this moment:

    The Rock vs. Roman Reigns

    Sami Zayn vs. Roman Reigns

    Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns

    Are people going to get excited about Kofi Kingston and Roman Reigns again? Lesnar vs. Reigns part 3000?
    Eichel Tower

  8. #1763
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    8,666
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I think there are a lot of realistic options, but what is going to "draw" at WrestleMania and how does it fit from a storyline aspect? If you are looking at Roman Reigns, only three matches realistically make sense at this moment:

    The Rock vs. Roman Reigns

    Sami Zayn vs. Roman Reigns

    Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns

    Are people going to get excited about Kofi Kingston and Roman Reigns again? Lesnar vs. Reigns part 3000?
    KO, Drew, Shinsuke all could have been threats with Roman if built right IMO.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, natepro, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  9. #1764
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,181
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    KO, Drew, Shinsuke all could have been threats with Roman if built right IMO.
    Kevin Owens has lost 4 times to Roman in the last 2 years. All times where at least one of his belts were on the line. It was a good way to further the Sami Zayn/Bloodline story but that was its main purpose. I like KO a lot but he's not the guy to dethrone Reigns. Shinsuke, no. Like him as well but his lack of English is always going to hurt him among those in the company.

    Drew could be but Drew is more a guy you want to be champion when the belts are separated. I assume he will be WWE or Universal champ again at some point but the only credible guys are the ones CCU mentioned. And its looking like it will be Cody barring some last minute change with the Rock or some incredible wave of support for Sami from now until WM.

  10. #1765
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    10,967
    They've got to split the titles up and take one of them off Roman, Let Cody challenge for the Raw title. after the way the crowd popped when Sami nailed Roman, could you imagine the crowd at Mania if Zayn pinned Roman 1-2-3 for the title?

  11. #1766
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    2,472
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    They've got to split the titles up and take one of them off Roman, Let Cody challenge for the Raw title. after the way the crowd popped when Sami nailed Roman, could you imagine the crowd at Mania if Zayn pinned Roman 1-2-3 for the title?
    Even better, could you imagine the crowd at Elimination Chamber if Zayn pinned Roman in Montreal!?

  12. #1767
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    52,181
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    They've got to split the titles up and take one of them off Roman, Let Cody challenge for the Raw title. after the way the crowd popped when Sami nailed Roman, could you imagine the crowd at Mania if Zayn pinned Roman 1-2-3 for the title?
    Would be cool but the WWE created this God mode final boss character so if Roman is beaten once, the crowning achievement of beating him again the 2nd night becomes a lot less meaningful. Its also almost a foregone conclusion that if Cody wins the WWE title, Zayn would be universal champion. I know a lot of people are hoping for that Daniel Bryan-esque push for Sami in the WM main event but I dont think it has the momentum for WWE to change their plans. I hope I'm wrong because Sami deserves it but I fully expect Sami to put up the good fight in Montreal and lose. Almost everyone loses in their home town and I wouldn't be surprised if Jey cost Sami the match as well.
    Last edited by metswon69; Yesterday at 12:46 PM.

  13. #1768
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    10,967
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Would be cool but the WWE created this God mode final boss character so if Roman is beaten once, the crowning achievement of beating him again the 2nd night becomes a lot less meaningful. Its also almost a foregone conclusion that if Cody wins the WWE title, Zayn would be universal champion. I know a lot of people are hoping for that Daniel Bryan-esque push for Sami in the WM main event but I dont think it has the momentum for WWE to change their plans. I hope I'm wrong because Sami deserves it but I fully expect Sami to put up the good fight in Montreal and lose. Almost everyone loses in their home town and I wouldn't be surprised if Jey cost Sami the match as well.
    oh yeah no doubt. Its gonna be another Drew McIntyre in the UK type deal, its gonna look like Sami is gonna win and Jey is gonna come out and cost Sami.

  14. #1769
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    38,223
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    oh yeah no doubt. Its gonna be another Drew McIntyre in the UK type deal, its gonna look like Sami is gonna win and Jey is gonna come out and cost Sami.
    It will be interesting to see how they do it, because of their duis the Uso's can't go to Canada.

  15. #1770
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    10,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    It will be interesting to see how they do it, because of their duis the Uso's can't go to Canada.
    oh yeah I forgot about that.

    I guess its gotta be Solo again. Unless there is someone else gonna join the Bloodline.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •