Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I'd rather compete for championships and be a millionaire than be on a crappy team and be a millionaire. I highly doubt he fulfills his contract of 4 years, all with the Hawks, probably get dumped b4 its over.

Either way he's a millionaire but i think being that and playing alongside Giannis would b cooler.
    i understand that but its still alot more money.... and unless you are a top player nobody really cares about if a guy won a title... nobody will remember bogdan won a title like they will any top player... millions--------------->ring while being a good player. To me it would be all about legacy... i would prefer to make as much as possible on a contending team but if i have to choose between the 2... not even a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i understand that but its still alot more money.... and unless you are a top player nobody really cares about if a guy won a title... nobody will remember bogdan won a title like they will any top player... millions--------------->ring while being a good player. To me it would be all about legacy... i would prefer to make as much as possible on a contending team but if i have to choose between the 2... not even a choice.
    Yep just like nobody remembered Rondo for helping the Lakers win a title [emoji1751]

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Imagine passing up a chance to play for a ship, only to go be an 8th seed on the Hawks. Call me perplexed.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Imagine passing up a chance to play for a ship, only to go be an 8th seed on the Hawks. Call me perplexed.
    Imagine growing up in a cold snowy climate then moving to California and being asked to move back in to the cold and choosing NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Imagine growing up in a cold snowy climate then moving to California and being asked to move back in to the cold and choosing NO!
    Atlanta isn't exactly warm year round.

Atlanta isn't exactly warm year round.
    Warmer than Milwaukee.

I'd rather compete for championships and be a millionaire than be on a crappy team and be a millionaire. I highly doubt he fulfills his contract of 4 years, all with the Hawks, probably get dumped b4 its over.

Either way he's a millionaire but i think being that and playing alongside Giannis would b cooler.
    This is a really flawed take when the guy is 28 and this is his first non-rookie contract. He's not exactly going to have many years to make it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    This is a really flawed take when the guy is 28 and this is his first non-rookie contract. He's not exactly going to have many years to make it back up.
    Who cares bro, $8 million tops, over the life of the deal isn't gonna make or break him.

Give me $1 million and I'm set for life.

Who cares bro, $8 million tops, over the life of the deal isn't gonna make or break him.

Give me $1 million and I'm set for life.
    But that's you and your opinion. Don't count another man's money or try to tell him how much is enough security for his family.

Chandler Parsons is out of the league at 32 due to injuries, the same age Bogdan will be once this deal is finished. There's no guarantee whatsoever he'll ever get to sign another contract. $8M is $8M.

Nobody can fault him.

But that's you and your opinion. Don't count another man's money or try to tell him how much is enough security for his family.

Chandler Parsons is out of the league at 32 due to injuries, the same age Bogdan will be once this deal is finished. There's no guarantee whatsoever he'll ever get to sign another contract. $8M is $8M.

Nobody can fault him.
    And Parsons has $127 million, he's set for life.

All I'm saying is a million or 2 per year to compete for championships seems way more worth it from a competitive athletes perspective, than being on a BTM FDR.

Nobody can fault him.
    one bad injury to Gallo and the Hawks playoff hopes is in serious doubt. And Gallo is very injury prone, and so is Rondo. I get that the Hawks needed to spend their cap on some quality vets, but these guys are mr Glass.

On the Bucks he would be playing along side Giannis, Middltone, Jru.. and taking advantage of playoff intensives while raising his stock by performing in the post season. That team would likely be the conference champ 4 years in a row if Giannis sings that ext. vs being an 8th seed. Which situation do you think offers him a better chance at signing a huge contract at age 32?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    My career would be my main concern first and foremost. Most players who play in the NBA own homes out side of the cities they play for. They are constantly travelling and play 41 games at home. They are free to go wherever in the off season. Winning a ship should be every players first goal, getting paid, and then everything else. Simply being in a warm climate city and not having a chance to win anything means youre comfortable being comfortable. .

The Celtics are tied with the Lakers for the most ships in the league and the Lakers didnt always play in LA, they played in one of the coldest cities in the States. How has Boston won 17 ships if players only care about having a tan? Obviously players care about being in a position to win.

In a sport where you can retire at 34.. I wouldn't give a **** where I played so long as Im getting paid well and have a chance to win. Ill go sit in the sun for the rest of my life. I would want to build my career and legacy first. Wouldn't you?

And Parsons has $127 million, he's set for life.

All I'm saying is a million or 2 per year to compete for championships seems way more worth it from a competitive athletes perspective, than being on a BTM FDR.
    Players take pay cuts for that opportunity all the time. Especially since being on a contender can easily raise your value setting him up to get more money on his next contract. If Danny Green wasn't on the Spurs would he still be getting these type of contracts well passed his prime? or did he in fact raise his value so much that teams keep taking flyers on him? The 6ers are so happy to have landed him based on the reputation he gained in San Antonio because he has not been the same player every since. Being in the right situation can significantly raise a players value and even shelf life.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 12-01-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    thats not true at all. Teams covet players with championship experience. Battle tested players who have proved them selves in the playoffs always have a market.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    one bad injury to Gallo and the Hawks playoff hopes is in serious doubt. And Gallo is very injury prone, and so is Rondo. I get that the Hawks needed to spend their cap on some quality vets, but these guys are mr Glass.

On the Bucks he would be playing along side Giannis, Middltone, Jru.. and taking advantage of playoff intensives while raising his stock by performing in the post season. That team would likely be the conference champ 4 years in a row if Giannis sings that ext. vs being an 8th seed. Which situation do you think offers him a better chance at signing a huge contract at age 32?
    Neither if he's forced to retire due to injury. You missed the point completely it seems.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast