Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Your convincing me. They might have won the series with Holidays rebounding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, disregard the scoring and facilitating [emoji23]

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Jrue isnít a huge step up from Bledso and Hill. Both are top level defenders. Bledso creates much more pace and gets in the lane. Hill is just as good a shooter and a better half court QB. Jrue brings a little bit of everything but he is not a huge up grade. I think Bogdan is a much more significant move

Thing is, playoff Bledsoe and regular season Bledsoe are wildly different players. Playoff Bledsoe the last two years has been borderline unplayable. This move doesn't help in the regular season, but could be a huge upgrade in the post season, even if Jrue juat brings the regular season version of himself in the playoffs.

I know I sound like a broken record, but the bucka don't really give a **** about the regular season anymore. Barring an insane rash of injuries, they're making the playoffs and what happens from there is all that matters. That's why, from the Bucks perspective, it makes sense. Bledsoe has had 2 straight playoffs of 40% from the field and 25% from 3 performances. Against Miami, his defense wasn't even all that great. That's where the upgrade needs to happen.

Now we don't exactly know what Jrue will bring in the playoffs. Maybe he sucks like Bledsoe too. Or maybe he doesn't. If he doesnt and if he just averages close to his career numbers and plays defense like he has in the regular season, thats a massive upgrade.

Teams sagged off Bledsoe at times last year in the playoffs and basically treated him like Ben Simmons and dared him to shoot. He passed up wide open 3s cuz he knew he'd miss. When playing with Giannis, you can't have that. Jrue hitting those shots at a semi consistent basis and at least forcing a closeout changes alot. That's why it may not be a lateral move.

Sure, the Pels can claim a win too. They aren't as worried about post season performance. But the Bucks are. So it could be a win win for sure. But I really don't think it's a lateral move considering the moments the Bucks need Jrue to perform.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Thing is, playoff Bledsoe and regular season Bledsoe are wildly different players. Playoff Bledsoe the last two years has been borderline unplayable. This move doesn't help in the regular season, but could be a huge upgrade in the post season, even if Jrue juat brings the regular season version of himself in the playoffs.
    [emoji122]

Jrue is better than either one of Bledsoe or Hill individually, but debating whether he's better than them combined is fair.

I think from a talent perspective it's a wash. And in the playoffs, it's hard to envision at the end of the game them running offense thru Jrue and drawing up plays for him in the clutch. Things will still run thru Middleton then Giannis.

But if it makes Giannis happy it's a win.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    [emoji122][IMG]https://media2.giphy.com/media/LSKVmdIwZFeNEBKBxZ/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7c4n5h607cjvssa2rmgq8mahczt69 85f4og19xtoe&rid=giphy.gif[IMG]
    Can you seriously stop posting so many gifs?

Honestly itís not a wash from a talent perspective because you canít simultaneously play Hill and Bledsoe.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Honestly itís not a wash from a talent perspective because you canít simultaneously play Hill and Bledsoe.

Exactly!

Jrue traded to Milwaukee

I know I sound like a broken record, but the bucka don't really give a **** about the regular season anymore. Barring an insane rash of injuries, they're making the playoffs and what happens from there is all that matters. That's why, from the Bucks perspective, it makes sense. Bledsoe has had 2 straight playoffs of 40% from the field and 25% from 3 performances. Against Miami, his defense wasn't even all that great. That's where the upgrade needs to happen.

Now we don't exactly know what Jrue will bring in the playoffs. Maybe he sucks like Bledsoe too. Or maybe he doesn't. If he doesnt and if he just averages close to his career numbers and plays defense like he has in the regular season, thats a massive upgrade.

Teams sagged off Bledsoe at times last year in the playoffs and basically treated him like Ben Simmons and dared him to shoot. He passed up wide open 3s cuz he knew he'd miss. When playing with Giannis, you can't have that. Jrue hitting those shots at a semi consistent basis and at least forcing a closeout changes alot. That's why it may not be a lateral move.

Sure, the Pels can claim a win too. They aren't as worried about post season performance. But the Bucks are. So it could be a win win for sure. But I really don't think it's a lateral move considering the moments the Bucks need Jrue to perform.
    His shooting in the post season was definitely a problem. They didnít have good 1/2 court play making overall and it put the ball in his hands in spots where he would be better off ball. Jrue helps solve that problem. I donít think he is great at it either but he is a clear upgrade. I think him and Bogdan will help there half court offensive. To really get over the hump I still think they will need Freek to make more plays in the 1/2 court. It does make them better and you are right with up Bledso was hurting them post season. still a lot to give

Last edited by ewing; 11-18-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Sure you can. Even if you didnít they played 49 mins a night between them last year. Jrue played 34 on his own. You are upgrading your starting PG and losing a fantastic backup. Itís a two for one trade to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

He's not a perfect melding of both. They each share different advantages. Bledsoe is quicker and more athletic. Hill is a better shooter.

And my take on it being a wash was mainly from an end of game perspective. Do you really envision Jrue having plays drawn up for him to close the game? He hasn't been asked to do that in his career. Things will still go thru Middleton and Giannis. So from an end of game perspective and only considering the 3 things he'll really be tasked with doing:
    1) Is he a significantly better spot up shooter?
    2) Is he a significantly better off ball decision maker (cutting/shot selection)?
    3) Is he a significantly better defender?

My opinion: no.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Jrue is better than either one of Bledsoe or Hill individually, but debating whether he's better than them combined is fair.

I think from a talent perspective it's a wash. And in the playoffs, it's hard to envision at the end of the game them running offense thru Jrue and drawing up plays for him in the clutch. Things will still run thru Middleton then Giannis.

But if it makes Giannis happy it's a win.
    But its not about drawing up plays for him. It's about the defense having to think about him shooting a wide open 3. Maybe that gives giannis an extra step getting to the hoop. Maybe that makes the rotation to Middleton or Bogdan a step later. They doing that with Bled. So down the stretch, when Giannis was healthy, Bled often sat for Hill. And while Hill is a better shooter, Jrue is much more equipped to attack the closeout while being a vastly superior defender to hill, specifically on the ball.

And basketball is a 48 minute game that matters more than just the last few possessions. In the playoffs, if giannis or Midds were struggling, no one else was really a threat to go for 20+. Bled was scared on offense and both Hill and Lopez need someone else to get them their look, so if giannis and Middleton sat, the offense couldnt create anything. While shot creation isn't the biggest strength of Jrue (or Bogdan), it's superior to Hill and what Bled brought in the playoffs. Combine that with shot creation being a weakness of the rest of the bench and the bucks hading stretches of playoff possessions that resulted in contested, bad looks from 3 if giannis was out. Even helping that slightly is a big step up if Jrue can provide that.

The bucks didn't have the assets to get a Bradley Beal like stud. So they needed to improve their roster, but particularly situationally improve it. They had a good team last year. But they had to look at the spots they were deficient and improve those without creating a new weakness. This, for the most part, does that. The bench is now weaker, but mostly every other part of their game should be improved without hurting their defense.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    He's not a perfect melding of both. They each share different advantages. Bledsoe is quicker and more athletic. Hill is a better shooter.

And my take on it being a wash was mainly from an end of game perspective. Do you really envision Jrue having plays drawn up for him to close the game? He hasn't been asked to do that in his career. Things will still go thru Middleton and Giannis. So from an end of game perspective and only considering the 3 things he'll really be tasked with doing:
    1) Is he a significantly better spot up shooter?
    2) Is he a significantly better off ball decision maker (cutting/shot selection)?
    3) Is he a significantly better defender?

My opinion: no.
    Bur you dont get to match the two players into one guy.

1. Yes compared to playoff Bledsoe, who's shot 25% from 3 2 straight yes. No compared to hill.
    2. Yes compared to Bledsoe, who shot a fair amount of pullup long 2s and probably a wash for Hill.
    3. Wash for Bledsoe, although Jrue is longer and very likely ages better as a defender. And a huge yes compared to hill.

And again, there's more to basketball than the final 5 possessions.

1. Yes compared to playoff Bledsoe, who's shot 25% from 3 2 straight yes. No compared to hill.
    2. Yes compared to Bledsoe, who shot a fair amount of pullup long 2s and probably a wash for Hill.
    3. Wash for Bledsoe, although Jrue is longer and very likely ages better as a defender. And a huge yes compared to hill.

Theyre both in your rotation. Its not like they dont benefit from each players skill set respectively

How many playoff games are not close in the 4th?

Anyway, I disagree that there's anything significant in any of the 3 points. The flipside is if he gets injured they have no depth now also.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast