Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Jrue traded to Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Very deceptive. He was only taking 3 attempts from 3, per game. Over half of those attempts are from catch and shoot. 65% of his 3's are assisted on.

I expect Jrue's 3 point percentage and defensive rating both climb, playing next to Giannis.
    It not deceptive at all. He didnít say he was shooting them on the run like Reggie or JJ. He shot a good % bc he is a good shooter. He took 3 a night in 20 mins. thatís a decent volume and a guy that clearly need to be checked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-18-2020 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Very deceptive. He was only taking 3 attempts from 3, per game. Over half of those attempts are from catch and shoot. 65% of his 3's are assisted on.

I expect Jrue's 3 point percentage and defensive rating both climb, playing next to Giannis.
    He was also in the running for 6th man of the year. Im not making a case that these guys are better than Jrue. But theres def value there for what the Pelicans got in return. I think it was a good trade for both teams

I think Jrue is getting really underrated. A big part of the appeal for Milwaukee is his ability to be a second creator on the floor. When the Heat took away Giannis, the Bucks had no one to turn to. Middleton was overmatched trying to be the guy and Bledsoe was bad (and declining some).

Between Jrue and Brogdan they now have this guys that can do those things for them. The 2B spot for Jrue is a good fit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I was thinking Jrue for 30 min was only a slight upgrade then Hill and Bledso for a full game but now that you brought up his 3 rebounds a night Iíve change my mind.

Heís also not a very good facilitator. The guy is more a 2 then a 1. Thatís why him and Pels benefited from Rando so much.

They didnít get much better and they gave up 3 picks. Thatís a little wild. Hopefully it made Freek happy.
    Yeah, 20 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists adds zero value.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I think Jrue is getting really underrated. A big part of the appeal for Milwaukee is his ability to be a second creator on the floor. When the Heat took away Giannis, the Bucks had no one to turn to. Middleton was overmatched trying to be the guy and Bledsoe was bad (and declining some).

Between Jrue and Brogdan they now have this guys that can do those things for them. The 2B spot for Jrue is a good fit for him.

I think what your saying is Jrue replaces what Brogdon brought, and what the bucks missed after he went to the pacers?

I wonder how the Bucks round out there roster. Their starting 5 looks really good. Maybe they retain Mathews, and a couple depth pieces with the vets min.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think what your saying is Jrue replaces what Brogdon brought, and what the bucks missed after he went to the pacers?
    But better.

Jrue traded to Milwaukee

Yeah, 20 points, 5 rebounds and 7 assists adds zero value.
    They also gave up value. He is a good player. They over paid to make there star happy.

(Iím still considering how many extra possessions the Bucks will get bc if his rebounding though)

Last edited by ewing; 11-18-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Really? People are defending giving up 2 quality players that play the same spot and 3 first round picks for him? I donít think he is being underrated.

Jrue traded to Milwaukee

I think you make a good point about the combo of Bogdan and him bridging that half court play making gap. I just think adding Bogdan while giving up little was the more significant move

Itís still going to be on Freek to improve his half court game if they are getting over the hump imo

Last edited by ewing; 11-18-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    He meant Bogdan, i believe.

They also gave up value. He is a good player. They over paid to make there star happy.

(Iím still considering how many extra possessions the Bucks will get bc if his rebounding though)

You do that 10 out of 10 times when the star is Giannis [emoji1745]

Rebounding is a team effort and a defensive possession isn't over until thw rebound is secure.

Make fun all you want, until you realize they were out rebounded in the series they lost.

Really? People are defending giving up 2 quality players that play the same spot and 3 first round picks for him? I donít think he is being underrated.
    Don't forget the pick swaps. If Giannis leaves and Milwaukee craters, that's likely two more lottery picks they're giving up for Holiday. I seriously doubt New Orleans will be a lottery team in 2024 or 2026.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Don't forget the pick swaps. If Giannis leaves and Milwaukee craters, that's likely two more lottery picks they're giving up for Holiday. I seriously doubt New Orleans will be a lottery team in 2024 or 2026.
    And by then the Bledsoe/Hill contracts are over (which FWIW are basically 2 years for Bledsoe and 1 for Hill as they both have a non-guaranteed year). So it was more about picks than the players because they were needed for salary matching.

Also great chance Hill is traded again by the trade deadline to a team in the tax looking to save money in 2021/22 season due to only having about $1.5 mil of his contract guaranteed. And good chance the next year for Bledsoe too.

This is why my original comment was Bledsoe and Hill are basically nothing in this trade. They are future assets to NO. They arenít building blocks.

You do that 10 out of 10 times when the star is Giannis [emoji1745]

Rebounding is a team effort and a defensive possession isn't over until thw rebound is secure.

Make fun all you want, until you realize they were out rebounded in the series they lost.
    Your convincing me. They might have won the series with Holidays rebounding

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast