Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Theyre both in your rotation. Its not like they dont benefit from each players skill set respectively
    But they never benefit from both at once in one player. Outside the rare late game foul substitutions, you don't get to get Hill's shooting and Bledsoe's defense in one guy. Part of the point is Jrue doesn't have an obvious flaw, so you don't have to work around that flaw. If Bled is in the game with Giannis, you have to figure out how to play offense with 2 bad shooters. That's not the case with Jrue. Or when Hill is in, you still get the high level, on ball defender to help your defense.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    How many playoff games are not close in the 4th?

Anyway, I disagree that there's anything significant in any of the 3 points. The flipside is if he gets injured they have no depth now also.
    Depends what you mean by close but 3 of 5 finals games were decided by 10 pts or more.

I'm not sure how you get to that conclusion, unless you haven't watched Bledsoe play the last 2 playoffs. He's been a major minus on offense and wasn't even all that great defensively this last year in the payoffs. There's a legit argument that Jrue is comfortably better at all 3 pts. And Hill is basically onyl a better shooter, but hes also 5 years older and is no where near an elite defender, which Jrue is. Guys like Lillard say Jrue is the best perimeter defender in the NBA. Regardless of how you feel about that, no one is mentioning George Hill in that discussion.

In the last two playoff series the Bucks have lost, Bledsoe is 8/43 from 3 and 36/114 from the field in general. His single game high is 20 pts and he's scored under double figures in 6 of 10 games. If you don't think Jrue can be an upgrade over that, I dont know what to tell you.

Hill has been better, shooting 14/37 and 41/85 in those two series, but the lower shot totals and usage indicate he isn't the guy getting a ton of looks. It's unlikely he handles a huge usage. Those percentages are pretty close to in line with what Jrue shoots in his career, plus Jrue is a significantly better defender and can likely handle a higher usage rate and for their careers has a significantly higher assist rate.

At the end of the day, Bled couldn't shoot the ball anywhere near well enough in the games that mattered for the bucks. Jrue does everything Bled does from a defensive and facilitation standpoint for their careers, but hasn't shown that complete meltdown in the playoffs. So unless Jrue also melts down shooting the the playoffs, it's a pretty clear upgrade there. And comparing Hill, Hill shot slightly better than you'd expect Jrue to in the huge games, but literally does everything else worse than Jrue. So taking what could be only a tiny step back in shooting percentages to get a guy who does everything better is a plus.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 11-18-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    But they never benefit from both at once in one player. Outside the rare late game foul substitutions, you don't get to get Hill's shooting and Bledsoe's defense in one guy. Part of the point is Jrue doesn't have an obvious flaw, so you don't have to work around that flaw. If Bled is in the game with Giannis, you have to figure out how to play offense with 2 bad shooters. That's not the case with Jrue. Or when Hill is in, you still get the high level, on ball defender to help your defense.
    Are you saying Hill is a poor defender?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Are you saying Hill is a poor defender?

Compared to Bledsoe and Jrue, absolutely.

Idk if stats back that, but I like the narrative.

Hill is a good defender

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Idk if stats back that, but I like the narrative.
    Defensive stats are weak at best. So few actually are indicative of the individual as they are the team or system. But Bledsoe has been on an all defensive team for 2 straight years. Jrue didn't make it, but guys like lillard and durant have come out and said that's a huge miss. Durant said Jrue might be the best guard defender in the league right now.

So unless you also think George Hill is an All NBA level defender, he's likely below Bled and Jrue.

Defensive stats are weak at best. So few actually are indicative of the individual as they are the team or system. But Bledsoe has been on an all defensive team for 2 straight years. Jrue didn't make it, but guys like lillard and durant have come out and said that's a huge miss. Durant said Jrue might be the best guard defender in the league right now.

So unless you also think George Hill is an All NBA level defender, he's likely below Bled and Jrue.
    I'm with ya man.

I think Jru is about to take his game to a whole nother level playing next to Giannis.

Hill is a good defender

I think you're thinking of Pacers/Spurs Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I think you're thinking of Pacers/Spurs Hill.
    Iím thinking of George Hill

Iím thinking of George Hill

Yeah, in the same way that you would think of Patrick Ewing being a great defender....

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Yeah, in the same way that you would think of Patrick Ewing being a great defender....
    Yes

Steven Adams is coming to New Orleans!!!!
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

Adrian Wojnarowski:*New Orleans and Milwaukee are expanding the original Jrue Holiday trade to include more teams and players, including the routing of Steven Adams to the Pelicans,*sources tell ESPN. Talks are moving toward a possible four-team trade.*

Ė*via*Twitter*wojespn

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny642 View Post
    Steven Adams is coming to New Orleans!!!!
    Are they trying to build a new "Grit and Grind" style throwback team? Two singular-position front court players, and Ingram who's exclusively a SF.

I like it. Defy the norms and do something different.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast