Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Needs to hire a grad student to be his cap expert.
    Or a PSD poster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the details.

Curious how MIL would try to rebound if Giannis does leave. They'd have no picks so obviously they'd try to compete, but Jrue could walk as well.

NO has a very bright future with Zion and Ingram. If Giannis does leave, it's very much even brighter.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

I don't see Giannis leaving TBH. But IF he does the Bucks automatically becomes irrelevant. I feel bad for their fan base and they are a small market franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Curious how MIL would try to rebound if Giannis does leave. They'd have no picks so obviously they'd try to compete, but Jrue could walk as well.

NO has a very bright future with Zion and Ingram. If Giannis does leave, it's very much even brighter.
    Woof. Go the Nets route? Trade Middleton for assets. Take on bad contracts for picks. Build a hard nosed culture.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Woof. Go the Nets route? Trade Middleton for assets. Take on bad contracts for picks. Build a hard nosed culture.

Yeah, can Bud in that situation too.

If Giannis wants to leave they are relying on asking for draft picks and young talent for his Bird Rights. A dangerous game if he doesn't care about the money difference over those first 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    If Giannis wants to leave they are relying on asking for draft picks and young talent for his Bird Rights. A dangerous game if he doesn't care about the money difference over those first 3 years.
    Considering their history of managing the cap itís possible theyíre thinking this. Because thereís no longer any benefit in the new CBA so bird rights donít allow him to get any extra money from Miami or wherever if MIL does S&T.

Itís be right in line with MILís recent history to not know that haha

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Considering their history of managing the cap itís possible theyíre thinking this. Because thereís no longer any benefit in the new CBA so bird rights donít allow him to get any extra money from Miami or wherever if MIL does S&T.

Itís be right in line with MILís recent history to not know that haha
    So a player can no longer get 8% raises via a S&T?

So a player can no longer get 8% raises via a S&T?
    I don't think they ever could, 8% raises is for staying with the same team.

I don't think they ever could, 8% raises is for staying with the same team.
    That's the point of discussion here. Whether raises are tied to Bird Rights. I'm fairly certain the are in the 2012 CBA, but don't know since then if it changed.

That's the point of discussion here. Whether raises are tied to Bird Rights. I'm fairly certain the are in the 2012 CBA, but don't know since then if it changed.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/pag...pares-last-one

Nope, looks like its not been in 2011 or 2016 CBA's ever been 8% in S&T.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q94

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/pag...pares-last-one

Nope, looks like its not been in 2011 or 2016 CBA's ever been 8% in S&T.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q94
    Good to know! Thanks!

I know that Miami used the old CBA to S&T for LeBron and Bosh to retain their Bird Rights and raises. They probably took that out specifically to end chances of it happening again.

Here's the details.

Pels just extended Adams 2 years $35 million, yikes.

It sounds like the Bucks are fairly confident he'll sign the extension. Could be bravado or unwise, but they really think he's staying. And for the most part I'm inclined to beleive he'll sign it. Whether he stays long term or ask for a trade eventually remains to be seen, but it's hard to imagine him turning down a massive extension like that.

Given his statute and importance to the franchise, I also wouldnt be shocked if they essentially have an agreement in place where giannis gives them a list of the few places he'd like to play for and if he demands a trade, the bucks will do everything within reason to trade him to one of those places.

But at the end of the day, the bucks have been largely irrelevant since the 80s, where they were only semi relevant as a pretty good team in the East who happened to run into the Celtics dynasty. Prior to that, they havent been relevant since Kareem.

So to me that's the point of all of this sure, one of those picks could be a high lotto pick. But even high lotto picks dont guarantee success, especially in a small market. The next few seasons are very likely the best chance for the bucks to win a ring for a franchise that has 1 ring and only people 50 years old and older remember that. To me, that's a chance you take every time, even if it means giving up a potential top 5 pick in 2025-2027.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011