Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Maybe you can take that road when you have an easy top 4 player in Giannis who can carry the team on his back.

But most teams can't afford to pay a guy the max to average 17 on 40% shooting injury free.
    Yeah he is a little over paid, but I was just pointing out that hes a great glue guy

Maybe you can take that road when you have an easy top 4 player in Giannis who can carry the team on his back.

But most teams can't afford to pay a guy the max to average 17 on 40% shooting injury free.
    I mean the dude is also one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. I feel like that's being a bit under sold. He's a pretty good number 3 option, especially if your top 2 guys are more offensive focused and ball dominant.

But what makes him good is the willingness to be used when and how the coach sees fit.

There are some guys who will sulk with the DNPs or being benched in the 4th.
    For sure, but you don't want to pay that guy $10 mill. Even close to a full non tax payers exemption is probably more than you'd like to pay for a guy who's best role is first big off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I mean the dude is also one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. I feel like that's being a bit under sold. He's a pretty good number 3 option, especially if your top 2 guys are more offensive focused and ball dominant.
    Agreed

Definitely. That's my point. Only a team with a top-top superstar can get away with it.

In different realms look at the problems the Sixers and Jazz have with allocating so much money to defensive players. Unless you have the offensive pieces and a true top 5 talent you can't afford it.
    Last edited by beasted86; 07-23-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Definitely. That's my point. Only a team with a top-top superstar can get away with it.

In different realms look at the problems the Sixers and Jazz have with allocating so much money to defensive players. Unless you have the offensive pieces and a true top 5 talent you can't afford it.
    But it goes both ways too. It's always about fit. Sure, Jrue wouldn't be a great fit for current Philly, but that's largely because their 2md beat player, Simmons, is all defense no offense and their best bench peice is an elite defender.

I mean, Jrue works on basically any of the semi real contenders as a 3rd piece outside of the two you mentioned. In the East, he works with the Bucks. If I'm the nets, it'd swap Kyrie for Jrue for sure. Kyrie is a bit redundant with Harden and Durant. Phily is awkward. Jrue would fit well with Trae. He might be awkward on the Knicks, but that's because that roster isn't great. He may be a bit redundant on Miami as well, but butler, Jrue and Bam with a bunch of shooters could work.

In the West, he might be a bit awkward on the Jazz, but he'd compliment Mitchell fairly well. He'd be a real nice 3rd peice for Jokic and Murray. He'd work just fine with PG and Kawhi. He'd be good with LAL. He'd fit in with Dame better than CJ. But that team would still need some help. He'd be an awesome fit next to Steph and Klay.

So you're right, he needs really good players around him, but thats basically anyone who isn't a top 5 or so player. There's a ton of teams that'd he'd fit well on, even if he is a little overpaid.

I wonder if Jrue Holiday will stick around in Milwaukee considering he just won a ring with them? But also isn't his contract situation coming up? Or am I wrong?

But it goes both ways too. It's always about fit. Sure, Jrue wouldn't be a great fit for current Philly, but that's largely because their 2md beat player, Simmons, is all defense no offense and their best bench peice is an elite defender.

I mean, Jrue works on basically any of the semi real contenders as a 3rd piece outside of the two you mentioned. In the East, he works with the Bucks. If I'm the nets, it'd swap Kyrie for Jrue for sure. Kyrie is a bit redundant with Harden and Durant. Phily is awkward. Jrue would fit well with Trae. He might be awkward on the Knicks, but that's because that roster isn't great. He may be a bit redundant on Miami as well, but butler, Jrue and Bam with a bunch of shooters could work.

In the West, he might be a bit awkward on the Jazz, but he'd compliment Mitchell fairly well. He'd be a real nice 3rd peice for Jokic and Murray. He'd work just fine with PG and Kawhi. He'd be good with LAL. He'd fit in with Dame better than CJ. But that team would still need some help. He'd be an awesome fit next to Steph and Klay.

So you're right, he needs really good players around him, but thats basically anyone who isn't a top 5 or so player. There's a ton of teams that'd he'd fit well on, even if he is a little overpaid.
    Jrue has 4 years left on his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I wonder if Jrue Holiday will stick around in Milwaukee considering he just won a ring with them? But also isn't his contract situation coming up? Or am I wrong?
    Jrue Holiday $31,051,333 $33,535,440 $36,019,547 $38,503,654 player option. 4 years yet. Also just got a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Jrue has 4 years left on his contract.
    I'm well aware. He was just saying that Jrue basically needs the perfect situation. I was more pointing out that he'd be a great 3rd option on almost any contender.

I'm well aware. He was just saying that Jrue basically needs the perfect situation. I was more pointing out that he'd be a great 3rd option on almost any contender.
    We would miss Conley's outside shooting bit I think Jrues defense would make the Jazz a much more difficult team to beat in the post season but that's just me. I HATE having a 3 guard rotation where everybody is 6'2. Need a big defensive guard and Holiday fits the bill. I wanted him all the way up until we got Conley.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    We would miss Conley's outside shooting bit I think Jrues defense would make the Jazz a much more difficult team to beat in the post season but that's just me. I HATE having a 3 guard rotation where everybody is 6'2. Need a big defensive guard and Holiday fits the bill. I wanted him all the way up until we got Conley.
    Would Ball work for you guys?

Oops, I meant to reply to TG11, my bad.

He is a perfect 3rd piece for sure in the right circumstance. Again, my point is still just the money allocation for the team needs. If you're a weaker playoff team you can't afford Jrue.

For example, the Celtics swapping Smart and Fournier for Jrue doesn't move the needle much. You just can't allocate as much money to a 3rd option that doesn't score unless you have other players that can carry the team and make a larger two-way impact.

Jrue Holiday in Milwaukee for the foreseeable future...I love it

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast