Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Covington traded to Portland

Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    The Rockets are finalizing a trade to send Robert Covington to Portland for Trevor Ariza and 2020 first-round pick and 2021 protected first-round pick, sources tell ESPN.
    Woj bomb.

This is just the first domino to fall. On one hand, I guess I'm at least a little bit happy, because two 1sts for two more seasons of a 3 and D role player (even a really good one) is damn good value. On the other, this feels like the end of an era. And it especially hurts because I genuinely really liked RoCo. He was a bright spot in an uneven season, and I was hoping he would be a key piece for them moving forward.

I feel like I'm going to be doing a lot of drinking and watching old Rockets highlights this week...

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    This is just the first domino to fall. On one hand, I guess I'm at least a little bit happy, because two 1sts for two more seasons of a 3 and D role player (even a really good one) is damn good value. On the other, this feels like the end of an era. And it especially hurts because I genuinely really liked RoCo. He was a bright spot in an uneven season, and I was hoping he would be a key piece for them moving forward.

I feel like I'm going to be doing a lot of drinking and watching old Rockets highlights this week...
    You sure are! But like you said, the two picks are a nice return. Although I can't help but think that Houston would have been in a better negotiating position on a Harden trade had they kept Covington and traded Westbrook. Then start trading all the ancillary guys.

Still a 1st round exit for Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Carr may very well be the worst starting QB in Raiders history. Carr is like a root canal that takes 8 hrs. The Raiders have stuck with this bum going on 7 seasons! All they have to show for it is excuses. I hope Mariorta runs him out of training camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Sounds as though Mayock is waxing the Pinto and installing fake leather seat covers and chrome hubcaps before posting it on Craigslist.

Houston we have a rebuild...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thatís a hell of a pickup for Portland though. They are also after Millsap and are getting Collins and Hood back this year. I really like that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Still a 1st round exit for Portland
    They were short-handed and lost to the eventual NBA Champions, highly doubt they are an 8th seed next year if they stay healthy.

Getting back Ariza is just a Fertitta move to kiss Hardenís ***. Getting the two firsts (which will probably be lower) is nice, though.

And if Harden gets out, Ariza can get flipped again in a cost matching move (I guess).
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 11-17-2020 at 12:58 AM.

First domino for sure. Ill take the picks hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by AI View Post
    Thatís a hell of a pickup for Portland though. They are also after Millsap and are getting Collins and Hood back this year. I really like that team.
    Unless Stotts Instill any semblance of a defensive culture into them, Blazers ainít winning ****

Good trade for the Rockets. Yeah its rebuilding in HTown.

RW and Harden up next.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    RW and Harden up next.....
    Harden to BKN ...

Westbrook to Knicks?

Both NY bound ...

Harden to BKN ...

Westbrook to Knicks?

Both NY bound ...

Its very possible.

Highlights from 94-95 Rockets? 😜🤑

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast