Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: IF the Lions of Detroit hit 10 wins....

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fire BOTH Patricia and Quinn

    3 50.00%
  • Keep Quinn, Fire Patricia

    1 16.67%
  • Fire Quinn, Keep Patrica

    1 16.67%
  • Keep BOTH Quinn AND Patrica

    2 33.33%
  • Weíre doomed regardless

    4 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    32,616
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    our schedule is really that bad?

    we're gonna fake our way into a winning season by being barely better than the other bad teams?

    yeesh
    This is the way.
    ^^ ^^

    click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    IF
    We hit 10 wins this season be it scrapping by with last second wins... Should Fat Patricia comeback?
    Would he deserve another go?

    I would think the cards are stacked against him to do it given the next few games we got coming. BUTT, with that being said, IF he did it at this point of the season against tougher talent, then... yes?
    I don't think he should. I think we have sufficient evidence to believe that he is not actually a good coach. I do think getting rid of him, but keeping Bob is also a mistake though. We need to get rid of both.

    If we hit 10 wins (which now actually seems possible) we will not fire him. He will absolutely get another year.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Auburn, MI
    Posts
    5,781
    Lets face it if he wins 10 games this year he gets another year. They gave him an ultimatum and if he successfully meets it you would look really bad if you still fired the guy. I don't think he is a great coach but meeting any mandate especially in a season where you can definitely argue that the lack of the off season slowed the growth of key pieces to this team like Swift, Hockenson, and did not allow the defensive coordinator to get see how new additions would work in a defense he is brand new to, should deserve nothing more than another year (even if we don't think so).
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Lets face it if he wins 10 games this year he gets another year. They gave him an ultimatum and if he successfully meets it you would look really bad if you still fired the guy. I don't think he is a great coach but meeting any mandate especially in a season where you can definitely argue that the lack of the off season slowed the growth of key pieces to this team like Swift, Hockenson, and did not allow the defensive coordinator to get see how new additions would work in a defense he is brand new to, should deserve nothing more than another year (even if we don't think so).
    I feel the same way. The odds of this happening rest on the shoulders of Stafford who has a injured thumb on his throwing hand and he didn't practice today. Even if Stafford plays this week how effective will he be at throwing the ball the rest of the season.



    2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

    Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,563
    The unfortunate thing about this whole situation is the fact that they currently sit at the #9 spot, right behind the Vikings and the Bears. So, you're sitting here thinking that, "hey, you know what, they may actually have a chance to make the playoffs. We can do this!"

    However, the reality of the situation is that this team sucks. According to Tankathon they have the 12th hardest remaining schedule when the likes of Seattle, New Orleans, Minnesota, and Chicago have the 32nd, 30th, 29th, and 23rd easiest remaining schedule.


    To make things interesting though, what if they win a playoff game? Do you bring them back? What if they win 2 playoff games? Do you bring them back??????

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Auburn, MI
    Posts
    5,781
    If they win a playoff game...yes you bring them back no question. We haven't had that success since the 90's as sad as that is.

    Honestly the bar was low for these guys to come back...play meaningful games in December. That could mean anything as low as you are still in the playoff hunt on the last day no matter how long of a shot it is, all the way to you have to make the playoffs. It is such an arbitrarily stupid statement what the hell does meaningful mean to this ownership.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,883
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Lets face it if he wins 10 games this year he gets another year. They gave him an ultimatum and if he successfully meets it you would look really bad if you still fired the guy. I don't think he is a great coach but meeting any mandate especially in a season where you can definitely argue that the lack of the off season slowed the growth of key pieces to this team like Swift, Hockenson, and did not allow the defensive coordinator to get see how new additions would work in a defense he is brand new to, should deserve nothing more than another year (even if we don't think so).
    Honestly, if he wins 10 games, I think he gets at least 2 more. lol.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,883
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    The unfortunate thing about this whole situation is the fact that they currently sit at the #9 spot, right behind the Vikings and the Bears. So, you're sitting here thinking that, "hey, you know what, they may actually have a chance to make the playoffs. We can do this!"

    However, the reality of the situation is that this team sucks. According to Tankathon they have the 12th hardest remaining schedule when the likes of Seattle, New Orleans, Minnesota, and Chicago have the 32nd, 30th, 29th, and 23rd easiest remaining schedule.


    To make things interesting though, what if they win a playoff game? Do you bring them back? What if they win 2 playoff games? Do you bring them back??????
    They won't though. This cerntainly won't happen.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    32,616
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    The unfortunate thing about this whole situation is the fact that they currently sit at the #9 spot, right behind the Vikings and the Bears. So, you're sitting here thinking that, "hey, you know what, they may actually have a chance to make the playoffs. We can do this!"

    However, the reality of the situation is that this team sucks. According to Tankathon they have the 12th hardest remaining schedule when the likes of Seattle, New Orleans, Minnesota, and Chicago have the 32nd, 30th, 29th, and 23rd easiest remaining schedule.


    To make things interesting though, what if they win a playoff game? Do you bring them back? What if they win 2 playoff games? Do you bring them back??????
    If they win a meaningful December game, then I think they will bring everyone back. If they win a playoff game, i figure a three year extension. If they win 2 playoff games, 5 year extension and their name in our ring of honor.
    ^^ ^^

    click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,563
    It'd get real interesting if somehow the Lions finish 7-9 and still make it into the playoffs due to them being extended.

    I don't know if that is feasible though.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA.
    Posts
    32,616
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    It'd get real interesting if somehow the Lions finish 7-9 and still make it into the playoffs due to them being extended.

    I don't know if that is feasible though.
    Letís say they get in because the playoffs are extended.... do we count that as making the playoffs?
    ^^ ^^

    click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    25,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Letís say they get in because the playoffs are extended.... do we count that as making the playoffs?
    doesn't look like we're gonna have to worry about that

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Letís say they get in because the playoffs are extended.... do we count that as making the playoffs?
    Like Guysir said doesn't look like we're gonna have to worry about that



    2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

    Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    11,472
    this thread aged well

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    25,041
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    this thread aged well
    you aged well

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •