Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Mark Buehrle is on the Hall of Fame Ballot for the First Time

He will get a lot of votes. Will he get into the Hall?

I wish. Love him. I don't think he'll get in

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I love Buehrle, but his Career just doesn't look HOF worthy. When I think HOF'er, I wanna at least see 1 sub 3.00 ERA. When I think Buehrle, I think good. I think you need to think Great about a guy to be in the HOF.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I love Buehrle, but his Career just doesn't look HOF worthy. When I think HOF'er, I wanna at least see 1 sub 3.00 ERA. When I think Buehrle, I think good. I think you need to think Great about a guy to be in the HOF.
    Agreed

Click here to register!

I don’t know about HOF. I always think “solid” and “consistent” when I think of Buehrle. He was an all star 3 times in his career. Usually a HOFer is a perennial all star. Doesn’t have the dominant strike out numbers, and not sure what his highest Cy Young vote was.

Love the guy, but gonna be tough. You also gotta figure that we are in Chicago and feel he is on the outside, looking in. What do the national writers think?

On his side however is the no-no, the perfect game and the WS ring. Not to mention the longevity and consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I don’t know about HOF. I always think “solid” and “consistent” when I think of Buehrle. He was an all star 3 times in his career. Usually a HOFer is a perennial all star. Doesn’t have the dominant strike out numbers, and not sure what his highest Cy Young vote was.

Love the guy, but gonna be tough. You also gotta figure that we are in Chicago and feel he is on the outside, looking in. What do the national writers think?

On his side however is the no-no, the perfect game and the WS ring. Not to mention the longevity and consistency.
    Don't forget the play of the decade lol. Maybe you get in for that? JK, but seriously that is still one of the greatest defensive plays ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_m3qy2O7bA

Don't forget the play of the decade lol. Maybe you get in for that? JK, but seriously that is still one of the greatest defensive plays ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_m3qy2O7bA
    Completely forgot about that talk about a blast from the past

Click here to register!

Not just that 1 play, but come to think of it, he had one of the best pickoff moves in baseball, was one of the best defenders at his position, and I’d have to think, controlled the running game as well as anyone. Maybe there is a chance they will look at the whole picture. I think he may have homered as well.

Yeah he was rather good defensively. He was also a fan favorite with his quick games. I wonder if he has the shortest average game time of any pitcher in MLB history? He didn't waste a second. That was part of what made him so effective, being that he didn't have the greatest stuff. He just didn't give the batter a chance to process what was coming.

As a former pitcher and pitching coach, Buehrle reminded me a Tom Glavine quite a bit and I think if the Sox were a better team like the Braves were when Glavine pitched that Mark would have won more games and his entrance into the HOF would have had a better chance. Perhaps he may eventually get in when the steroid pukes are forever flushed out of the HOF and the ranks of legitimate pitching choices continuously thin out. Think of it. IN this current age of the juiced ball, smaller ball parks, and exorbitant salaries how many of today's generations youngster pitchers are ever going to even win 200 games in a career. How many of these guys will ever pitch 3-5 complete games in a season again?

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    He will get a lot of votes. Will he get into the Hall?
    Honestly I'll be shocked if he gets 5% to stay on the ballot. These voters don't realize how good he was or how much better he is than like 50-100 guys already in the Hall.

But no, I don't think he gets in. Really, really hoping I am wrong.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Yeah he was rather good defensively. He was also a fan favorite with his quick games. I wonder if he has the shortest average game time of any pitcher in MLB history? He didn't waste a second. That was part of what made him so effective, being that he didn't have the greatest stuff. He just didn't give the batter a chance to process what was coming.
    Very unlikely. All pitchers back int he day were 120-140 minute games.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52