Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 90
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Schofield, WI
    Posts
    2,989
    I know it was a frustrating loss but lets all get off the ledge. Pack are 7-3 going to win the North. I want to win an SB too but Colts are one of the best AFC teams and GB should have won. GB was up 14 points at half......this defense though.....Pettine refuses to open it up and be aggressive. Time to move on.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,625
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    In all fairness, we wouldve won if the offense hadnt sleep walked through most of the 2nd half. Entire team played like the game was over at half time.
    this is just so silly i am even sure how to respond.... so youre saying 31 points isnt enough to win the game? or are you saying that if any offense goes 3 and out twice they are playing like the game is over? this is what happens when your defense is so *** that it destroys any momentum your offense had.... the colts got the ball at half and went down and scored leaving our offense off the field for the half time and most of the 3rd quarter... the offense was fine.... every other playoff team in football can go 3 and out twice and not lose the lead except the packers

    we put up 31 points on the best defense in football..... we allowed an alright colts offense to destroy us because WE CANT STOP THE RUN. I cant remember the last time i have watched a contender know the other team is gonna run it and we have to stop it and we still give up 8 yards on the ground on first down..... we had them at 3rd and 18 and they picked up 15 and went for it on 4th and got the ****ing first

    the defense is the only issue.... its trash


    edit--- earlier in the game it was 4th and 2 and they went for it............ they took out rivers for the backup and QB sneaked and picked up 8 yards lmfao.... this is embarrassing.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-23-2020 at 09:21 PM.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,492
    I know I'm in the super minority here, but I dont get the hate for MVS. Yes, the fumble sucked. He's fumbled once in 3 years now. Yes, he drops some balls and it's frustrating, but he is also our biggest play threat. He drew the PI that got us our last TD of the first half and put us in position to actually send it to OT. He's not perfect, but he was a 5th round pick who's our 3rd wr on a dirt cheap contract and provides something that no one else in this offense can provide.

    Also, Rodgers locking onto Adams on the last offensive play of OT doesn't bother me. Rodgers knows you can't risk a sack or a dumb, long play. Worst case scenario in that play has to be a FG chance. So he locked on to our best wr with the thought of either let him make a play or let's tie this thing up. I'm okay with that. I would have loved the TD to Tonyan obviously, but it's a smart play to not even get close to risking a sack, even if they send the house.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,492
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this is just so silly i am even sure how to respond.... so youre saying 31 points isnt enough to win the game? or are you saying that if any offense goes 3 and out twice they are playing like the game is over? this is what happens when your defense is so *** that it destroys any momentum your offense had.... the colts got the ball at half and went down and scored leaving our offense off the field for the half time and most of the 3rd quarter... the offense was fine.... every other playoff team in football can go 3 and out twice and not lose the lead except the packers

    we put up 31 points on the best defense in football..... we allowed an alright colts offense to destroy us because WE CANT STOP THE RUN. I cant remember the last time i have watched a contender know the other team is gonna run it and we have to stop it and we still give up 8 yards on the ground on first down..... we had them at 3rd and 18 and they picked up 15 and went for it on 4th and got the ****ing first

    the defense is the only issue.... its trash


    edit--- earlier in the game it was 4th and 2 and they went for it............ they took out rivers for the backup and QB sneaked and picked up 8 yards lmfao.... this is embarrassing.
    Yea, the defense is obviously the problem. No one will refute that. But the offense ******** the bed and going with 2 straight 3 and outs to start the 2nd half puts the defense in a bad spot too. We can't afford the defense to get tired cuz he have no depth and aren't that good to start with. So anyone being a half step slow is killer.

    But that's the story of the offense and seemingly has been for awhile. Our drives are either really good or really bad. There aren't many in between drives. And that sometimes results in getting destroyed in the hidden yardage game and gasses the defense. But that's the frustrating story of this team. They never seem to compliment each other. When the offense needs a big stop from the defense, they rarely get it. When the defense needs a long drive from the offense, we have a history of struggling to do that. And when we need a big return or a great punt, that doesn't happen either.

    We are a pretty good team when all 3 phases play together, but they don't play complimentary football.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea
    Posts
    7,767
    I finally got a chance to watch the film from this game. I mean no way to chalk this game up without coming back to Mike Pettine. I had high hopes for the guy, but let's be real even his allies in football circles are criticizing him like Rex Ryan calling his defense swiss cheese. When even his friend Rex Ryan is calling out Pettine you know you have a problem. The only valid reason that he still has a job at his point has to be who is going to fill the role? I don't even know if that's valid we have some veteran coordinators I have a hard to thinking a guy like Jerry Gray or Mike Smith could scheme a worse game in the interim.

    The schemes from this game were a joke for a guy with Pettine's background. Why the commitment to a 3 man rush in the most inopportune moments? Also, he needs to let the corners get more physical. Not to mention he continues to send out players not performing, biggest example of why is Rashan Gary not getting more play than Preston Smith? Or a better question why is Preston Smith assigned to cover Trey Burton? How do they not get the stop of 4 & 4 in the 4th quarter?

    There have been zero adjustments. Yes, I get this falls on the players to an extent, but holy cow. I get in-game adjustments not working sometimes, but he puts the same crap out each week. This defense is predictable, and teams each week know well if we run the ball against them we will get our chances and keep the ball from Rodgers.

    We have defensive playmakers and yet they continue to not be aggressive. You can't really pin this one on really anyone else either. Sure some draft picks didn't come, but the defense is going to be the reason they don't win a Super Bowl. This unit can't even do the fundamentals right IE tackling. If the defense could have made just one stop in our losses this is a 1 loss team.

    Any other issue with this team is either correctable or capable of being overcome by other units.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    605
    Just heard a stat today that Green Bay has the worst red zone defense in the league. Giving up points a whopping 97% of the time this season lololol

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    836
    Games arent won in a half. Ask atlanta. Ask us about seattle. If the offense scores a TD in the 2nd half, we win. Instead, all we got was a fg in the last fee seconds. Thats not a winning formula.

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    this is just so silly i am even sure how to respond.... so youre saying 31 points isnt enough to win the game? or are you saying that if any offense goes 3 and out twice they are playing like the game is over? this is what happens when your defense is so *** that it destroys any momentum your offense had.... the colts got the ball at half and went down and scored leaving our offense off the field for the half time and most of the 3rd quarter... the offense was fine.... every other playoff team in football can go 3 and out twice and not lose the lead except the packers

    we put up 31 points on the best defense in football..... we allowed an alright colts offense to destroy us because WE CANT STOP THE RUN. I cant remember the last time i have watched a contender know the other team is gonna run it and we have to stop it and we still give up 8 yards on the ground on first down..... we had them at 3rd and 18 and they picked up 15 and went for it on 4th and got the ****ing first

    the defense is the only issue.... its trash


    edit--- earlier in the game it was 4th and 2 and they went for it............ they took out rivers for the backup and QB sneaked and picked up 8 yards lmfao.... this is embarrassing.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Posts
    6,903
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I know I'm in the super minority here, but I dont get the hate for MVS. Yes, the fumble sucked. He's fumbled once in 3 years now. Yes, he drops some balls and it's frustrating, but he is also our biggest play threat. He drew the PI that got us our last TD of the first half and put us in position to actually send it to OT. He's not perfect, but he was a 5th round pick who's our 3rd wr on a dirt cheap contract and provides something that no one else in this offense can provide.

    Also, Rodgers locking onto Adams on the last offensive play of OT doesn't bother me. Rodgers knows you can't risk a sack or a dumb, long play. Worst case scenario in that play has to be a FG chance. So he locked on to our best wr with the thought of either let him make a play or let's tie this thing up. I'm okay with that. I would have loved the TD to Tonyan obviously, but it's a smart play to not even get close to risking a sack, even if they send the house.
    I think MVS has been doing a lot of good things the last few weeks that he hasn't been doing before. He sat down in a zone for a big chunk a couple of weeks ago, he made a good play in space on a similar play to the fumble the week before the Colts game, he had a good scramble drill in the endzone that got him a touchdown, and we've seen him with some really good run blocks the last couple of weeks. Even the big gain on the drive before overtime he adjusted to the ball and caught it in traffic. He wasn't doing that stuff before. I think he is definitely starting to put it together a bit.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,625
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I know I'm in the super minority here, but I dont get the hate for MVS. Yes, the fumble sucked. He's fumbled once in 3 years now. Yes, he drops some balls and it's frustrating, but he is also our biggest play threat. He drew the PI that got us our last TD of the first half and put us in position to actually send it to OT. He's not perfect, but he was a 5th round pick who's our 3rd wr on a dirt cheap contract and provides something that no one else in this offense can provide.

    Also, Rodgers locking onto Adams on the last offensive play of OT doesn't bother me. Rodgers knows you can't risk a sack or a dumb, long play. Worst case scenario in that play has to be a FG chance. So he locked on to our best wr with the thought of either let him make a play or let's tie this thing up. I'm okay with that. I would have loved the TD to Tonyan obviously, but it's a smart play to not even get close to risking a sack, even if they send the house.
    i hate him unfairly.... he probably drops maybe like 6-8 passes a year but it feels like they come on big time plays that we need.... dude has all the talent and speed and he is a weapon no doubt.... i take my issues back with him. My issues are 100 pct the defense.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,625
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Games arent won in a half. Ask atlanta. Ask us about seattle. If the offense scores a TD in the 2nd half, we win. Instead, all we got was a fg in the last fee seconds. Thats not a winning formula.
    A touchdown in the 2nd half doesnt equate to a win at all just because we lost by 3.... domino factor. How about watching last nights game with the rams and bucs where both teams offenses were so bad in the 2nd half and both teams still almost won and 1 did because DEFENSE.... you know the difference in these games? Look at how many times goff and the rams had the ball on offense compared to how many the packers did.... i would rather the other team score quickly on us via the pass over beating the **** out of us with the run for 8 minute drives because at least our offense will be able to answer and keep their momentum..... the reason we will lose come the playoffs will be the same reason we always lose............. WE CANT STOP THE RUN AND WE DONT GET TURNOVERS BECAUSE WE ARE SOFT.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,625
    also i am not a pettine guy lets be clear.... as bad as pettine is we need to put the fault further on our horrid ****ing LBs... WE DONT HAVE LBs for the 6th year in a row.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    116,625
    The Rodgers blame should actually come on the final drive..... once we had that 50 yard throw he played for the tie.... or he per usual just wastes clock like there is no tomorrow.... we took forever to hike the ball once we were down at like the 10 and could have gotten a few plays in before kicking that FG if we werent so ****ing stupid.... yes he gave them the tie but after that 50 yard pass he acted like he had 5 minutes left

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,492
    The spikes were super weird to me. Rodgers is so good at getting guys up to the line and getting plays called, I was shocked he spiked it twice. If not anything else, just use the opportunity to send adams or MVS on a go route. If it's there, throw it, if it's not, put it out of bounds. It's still 2nd down no matter what and we really only wasted a few more seconds for a chance at a huge play.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,492
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    also i am not a pettine guy lets be clear.... as bad as pettine is we need to put the fault further on our horrid ****ing LBs... WE DONT HAVE LBs for the 6th year in a row.
    Yea, I've bee saying that for years too. Hawk had a few decent years prior to the 3-4 change, but outside of that we basically got 16ish games from Desmond bishop at a decently high level and that's about the only decent ILB play we've had in 10 years. It's sad when someone like barnes, a udfa, comes in and actually plays even remotely close to average and we all get excited.

    The Tampa game was such a perfect example of what great ilb/off ball LB play can do. White and David basically took over the game. Their DL is better than ours no doubt and our OL played poorly, but those dudes dominated. We haven't had that in a very long time. Best we get is an ilb who makes a couple nice plays every once and awhile. Blake used to make a **** load of tackles, but I don't remember the last time I've watched a game and said that guy dominated in reference to one of our LBs.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    836
    Youre delusional. Youre so upset about the defense that youre incapable of holsing the offense accountable for its failings. Frankly, youre an idiot and I wish youd just stop talking.

    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    A touchdown in the 2nd half doesnt equate to a win at all just because we lost by 3.... domino factor. How about watching last nights game with the rams and bucs where both teams offenses were so bad in the 2nd half and both teams still almost won and 1 did because DEFENSE.... you know the difference in these games? Look at how many times goff and the rams had the ball on offense compared to how many the packers did.... i would rather the other team score quickly on us via the pass over beating the **** out of us with the run for 8 minute drives because at least our offense will be able to answer and keep their momentum..... the reason we will lose come the playoffs will be the same reason we always lose............. WE CANT STOP THE RUN AND WE DONT GET TURNOVERS BECAUSE WE ARE SOFT.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •