Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Deluded IMO. I honestly believe he still had faith in Mitch. Probably thought Castillo would be a big addition.

I mean, he clearly has blinders on when it comes to his own player evaluations. Extended Massie, over paid Whitehair, Cohen, & Trevathan.

Pace is frustrating as hell bc he does a lot of good things but it's overshadowed by colossal mistakes.
    Peter King had a great interview with Steve Keim. He talked about having to shut his ego down and admit he made a mistake in making Wilks his HC and drafting Rosen 1st. Then going out and hiring a coach who had just been fired at Texas Tech and drafting another QB with his first pick.

I don't see any of that insight in Pace. Doubling down on Mitch, not forcing Nagy into making any meaningful change, the numerous contracts he's given to undeserving players. It's very frightening and not a smart way to run any organization.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Deluded IMO. I honestly believe he still had faith in Mitch. Probably thought Castillo would be a big addition.

I mean, he clearly has blinders on when it comes to his own player evaluations. Extended Massie, over paid Whitehair, Cohen, & Trevathan.

Pace is frustrating as hell bc he does a lot of good things but it's overshadowed by colossal mistakes.
    I hate to be the....... Voice of reason on Pace..... but isnt the head coach also supposed to have input? Say I like this guy.... I dont.... we need to upgrade in these areas?

You can blame Pace all you want for the OL...... But the Hiring of Castillo was Nagy..... He called Reid and asked for his opinion. The problem is even it you say you believe in Castillo. Then You would rather go out and get two TEs and not give him any Toys to play with Till the 7th round?

You gave him the same guys we did last year plus Ifedi. and the truth is I maintain Ifedi hasnt exaxtly been the problem. You gave Castillo quite literally no reasonable alternative to Leno or Massie.

And IDK if i can really blame castillo either though. By the time he actually got to see these guys on the feild the draft.... FA..... it was done.

I mean For as much flack as you want to give Pace he did all he could for Nagy to help get him the TE help he wanted. the QB he wanted. If Nagy had said we need OL Help I think Pace would do the same. But I think Nagy is Dillusional on what the problem is here. We have been saying it since Nagy got here. The OL is the problem.

But Nagy.... not Pace IMO.... would rather go Signing old TEs and Immobile QBs and ignore the issue starting him in the face. People can be upset about Quinn all the want and Blame Pace. But IDK how you can not look at what he has done.... probably the past 3 offseasons and say he has not been doing everything in his power to give Nagy the tools he wants. The RB he cut bait with Howard and traded up for Montgomery..... The TEs he cut bait with a former 2nd... a Former Nagy signing in Burton.... and gave him 2 new toys .... The QB He gave Nagy his guy over the guy he drafted. ... Even the receivers the First year he was here He got him Robinson.... Miller.... Gabriel.... And Even His pet toy Paterson.

I just look at all of that and say.... Is it really Pace Not adressing the issues? Or nagy not realizing the issues are not where he seems to think they are?

Meanwhile Burton looks back..... Shaheen has out performed our 2nd round pick..... 2 clear Nagy Choices IMO.

You may be on to something that some of the roster issues may be on Nagy and not Pace offensively.....but the GM should still know he needs to allocate resources properly and not go all in on the defense.

Letís not say Shaheen and Burton are back. They are both still awful.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post

Dude talked up Juan Castillo like he was the best OL coach ever and would solve all their problems.
    Yeah, it's pretty comical at this point. I didn't think there was ANY chance that the offense would be worse this year than last....but here we are. It takes a special type of incompetence to accomplish that. It's seriously difficult to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty comical at this point. I didn't think there was ANY chance that the offense would be worse this year than last....but here we are. It takes a special type of incompetence to accomplish that. It's seriously difficult to pull off.
    You say that, but literally every pundit had us as a 3 win team because of our offense. Why is every beat writer in football smarter than our GM/HC?

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    You say that, but literally every pundit had us as a 3 win team because of our offense. Why is every beat writer in football smarter than our GM/HC?
    I didnít see any 3 win predictions. Thatís pretty crazy and already untrue. I didnít expect the offense to be good but worse than last year? With Foles and better TEs? Did not see it coming. I was thinking/hoping for about a 20th-23rdish offense, which isnít asking for a lot. What a mess

Roquan has been the best ilb in the NFL this season, imo. Wow.

Most tfl
    1st in NFL in yards per target
    1st in NFL in yards per reception
    3rd in completion percentage among ilbs
    2nd in passer rating allowed among ilbs
    3rd in total tackles
    1st in solo tackles

My buddy keeps on insisting he misses a lot of tackles. I don't know if that's true, how can it be disproven?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 11-24-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Most tfl
    3rd in total tackles
    1st in solo tackles

My buddy keeps on insisting he misses a lot of tackles. I don't know if that's true, how can it be disproven?

Donít worry, as soon as pace extends him heíll fall off a cliff

Kyben, you really need to stop saying Ifedi isn't the problem. Dude sucks. He's a backup.

Most tfl
    3rd in total tackles
    1st in solo tackles

If Smith is missing a bunch of tackles, that guy must be in on like 90% of tackles. Not sure you can in 1st in solo and 3rd in total tackles and be ďmissing a lot of tacklesĒ as well. Itís anecdotal, but still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you have a defense on the field that much the counting stats shouldn't too surprising but its nice to see the coverage stats for sure.

Truthfully I haven't watched half the games this year so I didn't realize he was having his coming out party. Glad he's possibly not a JAG. I'd still pretty much never draft a ILB in the 1st these days.

Most tfl
    3rd in total tackles
    1st in solo tackles

I think it was one game in particular. If I had to guess it was either the Rams or the Saints game. I just remember thinking it too, but I think it was more a matter of every time he missed a tackle, it was a key 3rd down play or he'd meet the RB in the hole for a TFL and just whiff on an arm tackle and the guy would go for 10-15 yards. In no way am I saying he misses a bunch of tackles or think he sucks, but since it was brought up there was one horrid game where it seemed he'd do everything perfectly and then just not finish the play.

Quote Originally Posted by Leathernecks View Post
    I think it was one game in particular. If I had to guess it was either the Rams or the Saints game. I just remember thinking it too, but I think it was more a matter of every time he missed a tackle, it was a key 3rd down play or he'd meet the RB in the hole for a TFL and just whiff on an arm tackle and the guy would go for 10-15 yards. In no way am I saying he misses a bunch of tackles or think he sucks, but since it was brought up there was one horrid game where it seemed he'd do everything perfectly and then just not finish the play.
    Hmm, I can't remember which game it would be either.

I was hoping someone knew of a site that actually keeps track of missed tackle or missed tackle percentages

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    When you have a defense on the field that much the counting stats shouldn't too surprising but its nice to see the coverage stats for sure.

Truthfully I haven't watched half the games this year so I didn't realize he was having his coming out party. Glad he's possibly not a JAG. I'd still pretty much never draft a ILB in the 1st these days.
    I agree for the most part but he's looking like an elite talent so thats a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    If Smith is missing a bunch of tackles, that guy must be in on like 90% of tackles. Not sure you can in 1st in solo and 3rd in total tackles and be ďmissing a lot of tacklesĒ as well. Itís anecdotal, but still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Hmm, I can't remember which game it would be either.

I was hoping someone knew of a site that actually keeps track of missed tackle or missed tackle percentages

I agree for the most part but he's looking like an elite talent so thats a relief.

Agreed

It's a little slow at work today, so I looked at some highlight packages for bears games this year. It was the Tampa game. The highlights show 2 of them that didn't look good and maybe it was only those two missed tackles. I thought there were a couple more that game, but it was definitely that game. It also showed some nice plays from him, so not a completely crappy game.

Roquan is 88th in the league in missed tackles and his MT% is 5.9%, which puts him at 11th best in the league among qualifying ILB. He's actually tied with Trevathan and Bobby Wagner (been elite for a while), and better than guys like Eric Kendricks and Jaylon Smith.

Whoever's insisting that he misses a lot of tackles is a moron. He's not flawless there, but he's definitely better than average and for a guy with that many opportunities, of course he's going to miss some.

The numbers back up the eye test with him. He's been awesome. Hopefully he keeps it up, because before this season he'd been a disappointment considering his draft position.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast