Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Not sure how much of Claypool you've watched this season, but a big part of his value has been his ridiculous catch radius. Sure, it's nice that he has an old Big Ben throwing to him, but he'd likely be good anywhere given his size and athleticism.

The overall point is Pace took a TE that may not even make a real impact until year 2-3 when he needed to get someone capable of contributing now. A lot of us hated the pick for that reason. We're probably losing ARob too, so just Mooney won't cut it at WR, but it also didn't have to just be someone like Claypool either... take a shot on an OL prospect FFS, maybe an edge guy over pissing away money on Quinn. I think Kmet can have a good career, but for where this roster was at the time, and where it is now, it was a really bad pick.
    Could have had JuJu as well. Pace whiffed so hard on building an offense. QB, HC, OL, skill positions. Complete. Whiff

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Could have had JuJu as well. Pace whiffed so hard on building an offense. QB, HC, OL, skill positions. Complete. Whiff
    In theory, his decisions have made sense, but like you said, he's whiffed big time across the board.

Trubisky, Miller, Montgomery (JAG IMO) - trading up for all 3 of them, and the horrendous mismanagement/overpayment of the OL. Extending a gadget player (Cohen), reaching for a TE in a historic WR draft, barely addressing the OL in 3 years, and throwing draft capital + taking on guaranteed money for a QB that'll never hold up behind this OL.

Only thing he's done right is sign ARob (who he won't extend lol) and maybe drafting James Daniels & Darnell Mooney.

Oh, and Nagy's clearly been a massive whiff too.

Absolute joke if Pace comes back for another season, so I expect it to happen.

Iím not defending Pace here, but heís done more than that to turn this team around when he took over. We had a historical bad defense that he flipped into one of the best in the league the past 3 years.

Iím not giving him credit for drafting Smith, he was essentially a unanimous pick, but heís brought in Hicks, drafted Goldman, EJax and Johnson. The trade for Mack was a big surprise, and I would do that trade 100 out of 100 times again giving up two firsts and getting that 2nd back. He has found a handful of decent role players in Nichols, Edwards, Urban, RRH....

His biggest flaw, completely neglecting the offense after he traded up and drafted Trubisky. With everything said above, there was absolutely no reason that we should have spent any significant money on defense the next few years, yet he gave out a massive contract to Quinn. Then wasted significant cap space on a TE in Graham, and a draft resource on another in Kmet. Most in here hated both moves, but I could have lived with just doing one or the other, not doing both.

Maybe thereís a different tune being sung if Daniels and Cohen werenít lost for the season, but you have to account for injuries and he hasnít been able to build an average offense.

In my eyes, thereís zero chance heís back next year based on recent rumblings about George being upset, unless Mitch starts again and we win 5/6 games and make playoffs. I put that at about 5%.

I thought it was pretty clear that I'm bashing his moves on Offense. I have no major complaints about D. The Quinn contract looks really bad right now, but overall he's done a good job rebuilding the Defense.

The Quinn signing looks absolutely horrid and we canít get out from that contract for a while. Whatís worse is Floyd has more sacks than Mack right now lol

But yeah, pace did fine with the defensive but everything else has been horrific. I donít think you could justify bringing him back. Although does anyone have any faith that teddy finds someone better? Bears are screwed either way but they have to move on

The Quinn signing looks absolutely horrid and we canít get out from that contract for a while. Whatís worse is Floyd has more sacks than Mack right now lol

But yeah, pace did fine with the defensive but everything else has been horrific. I donít think you could justify bringing him back. Although does anyone have any faith that teddy finds someone better? Bears are screwed either way but they have to move on
    Funny thing is watch Pace survive this and Nagy get whacked. McCaskeys love Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Funny thing is watch Pace survive this and Nagy get whacked. McCaskeys love Ryan.
    That would be bananas. They would almost have to extend him then wouldnít they? No one is going to want to coach here if the GM only has a year left on their deal.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I thought it was pretty clear that I'm bashing his moves on Offense. I have no major complaints about D. The Quinn contract looks really bad right now, but overall he's done a good job rebuilding the Defense.
    Yep, it was pretty obvious you were hitting on all his offensive moves... my bad 😫

Yeah, have him for 1 more year, then we are out with a $9 million cap hit 😂...it was just an unnecessary move with so much money already tied into the defense, and Smith due to get paid.

I could care less about Floyd, we wouldnít have the cap space to keep him in the future and thereís a good chance he finishes the season with under 10 sacks when itís all said and done. Heís had 2 good games this year, besides that, heís still the Leonard Floyd will all watched the past two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Yeah, have him for 1 more year, then we are out with a $9 million cap hit [emoji23]...it was just an unnecessary move with so much money already tied into the defense, and Smith due to get paid.

I could care less about Floyd, we wouldnít have the cap space to keep him in the future and thereís a good chance he finishes the season with under 10 sacks when itís all said and done. Heís had 2 good games this year, besides that, heís still the Leonard Floyd will all watched the past two seasons.
    Pace: The OL sucks and our D is great. I know, Iíll give a dumbass deal to Quinn and let Conklin sign somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Yep, it was pretty obvious you were hitting on all his offensive moves... my bad [emoji31]
    No worries.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Would not surprise me one bit. Some of the **** he's done the last couple years makes it seem like his job is more secure than we'd like.
    Pace: The OL sucks and our D is great. I know, Iíll give a dumbass deal to Quinn and let Conklin sign somewhere else
    And not addressing the OL in the draft until the 7th round.

Dude talked up Juan Castillo like he was the best OL coach ever and would solve all their problems.

I think the biggest knock on Pace is his lack of awareness of where this team is offensively. We all knew going into this year that the offense was this team's Achilles heel and he instead drafted a TE that was never going to be able to contribute this year and went out and got Nick Foles. I mean it makes no sense unless he knows that his job is secure moving forward and this year was planned as a wash. Or he's the biggest idiot to ever evaluate an offense.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    I think what is most depressing to me is kinda looking at a team like.... say the Eagles or Cheifs and the way their OL is set up.... and Looking at Nagy and who seems to do the exact opposite.

Cheifs... Andy Reids First year

Draft a Stud OT with the first overall pick of your First draft. to pair with a 2nd round pick you just had in the prior draft from the previous Regime. And Keep those guys locked up YOUR TACKLES MATTER

Eagles- Not Afraid to draft an OT in the First round despite having a HOF in Petter and a Stud Opposite at RT.

And Does anyone want to have a guess as to how many of their Interior OL were day 2 or higher picks?

Brandon Brooks was a 3rd rounder... but the Eagles got him for Free in FA
    Jason Kelce... Was a 6th round pick

Every Inteior OL on the cheifs is a UDFA

And Meanwhile we have spent 2 2nd round picks on Inteiror linemen in recent years. One Superficially under Nagy's Regime. And we have not drafted a Single OT since pace has been in office in the first 2 days of the draft.

It just seems to be a philosophical problem.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    I think the biggest knock on Pace is his lack of awareness of where this team is offensively. We all knew going into this year that the offense was this team's Achilles heel and he instead drafted a TE that was never going to be able to contribute this year and went out and got Nick Foles. I mean it makes no sense unless he knows that his job is secure moving forward and this year was planned as a wash. Or he's the biggest idiot to ever evaluate an offense.
    Deluded IMO. I honestly believe he still had faith in Mitch. Probably thought Castillo would be a big addition.

I mean, he clearly has blinders on when it comes to his own player evaluations. Extended Massie, over paid Whitehair, Cohen, & Trevathan.

Pace is frustrating as hell bc he does a lot of good things but it's overshadowed by colossal mistakes.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast