Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Foles is somehow worse than both. Maybe better than daniel? I donít know but heís been garbage.

Not really worth debating the battle of the turds though. As far as next season go, I donít care who comes back honestly. Blow it up. And Iím still not in favor of paying Robinson 18+ mil.
    Right. It's not, so stop doing it. Mitch was just as terrible and ineffective last year and that was with the line at full health. He was bad in 2018 too tho the rest of the team played well enough to hide his flaws and fool people briefly.

Mitch, Foles, Daniel, whatever. They're all ineffective dorks whose flaws, as of right now, will not be hidden by the rest of the talent/coaching on the offense. Mitch isn't under contract through next year, so our only hopes are to fix the line by next year (and hopefully bring in a real TE) so that we can get by with Foles and/or obtain a real QB. But yeah, what's most likely is another big blow up a year from now after another crap-filled 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    He was good for like 5 weeks when he had Philly's amazing surroundings in 2018 and Frank Reich calling plays, yes. He's been pretty bad nearly his entire career outside of that. Not disputing that right now the Bears are making him look worse than he is right now, but he's still bad too.
    This is false, but it's what most people want to think.

Foles can win with competence around him, Chicago isn't doing the for him right now. It's puzzling.

Right. It's not, so stop doing it. Mitch was just as terrible and ineffective last year and that was with the line at full health. He was bad in 2018 too tho the rest of the team played well enough to hide his flaws and fool people briefly.

Mitch, Foles, Daniel, whatever. They're all ineffective dorks whose flaws, as of right now, will not be hidden by the rest of the talent/coaching on the offense. Mitch isn't under contract through next year, so our only hopes are to fix the line by next year (and hopefully bring in a real TE) so that we can get by with Foles and/or obtain a real QB. But yeah, what's most likely is another big blow up a year from now after another crap-filled 2021.
    Can't wait for that ********...will probably have to be on both sides of the ball too. By the time the Offense is ready to be competent, the D will be old and declining. At least whoever takes over should still be able to accumulate some decent assets by trading off the top defensive players.

I really believe pace and Nagy will be fired after this season.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I really believe pace and Nagy will be fired after this season.

The way the team looks right now? It's sure looking more and more possible.

If they only win another game or something like that, which is not unreasonable looking at the schedule, then I sure, I think they'll be fired. I'm guessing they'll still go something like 8-8 again and that buys them another year, unfortunately.

Either way, it's really frustrating to follow this team and it's equally frustrating that they won't be in a position to snag a QB in a loaded class.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-17-2020 at 02:01 PM.

You always say Mitch was bad in 18. I think thatís ridiculous. He certainly wasnít very good but he wasnít bad. Also Mitch was better last year than Foles is this season. I canít even think of a creative argument that would say otherwise. Better line last year, sure, but even with a clean pocket, Foles has been ineffective and the OL was bad last year too. Whatever though, not worth it.

You always say Mitch was bad in 18. I think thatís ridiculous. He certainly wasnít very good but he wasnít bad. Also Mitch was better last year than Foles is this season. I canít even think of a creative argument that would say otherwise. Better line last year, sure, but even with a clean pocket, Foles has been ineffective and the OL was bad last year too. Whatever though, not worth it.
    Looking at overall season to season stats don't mean anything when you're referring to a guy incapable of making a single read, and when you look at the schedule and realize its likely the bears are at best 3-7 with Mitch at the helm.

Not because Foles hasn't been horrible, either. He has been horrible.

We've seen enough of different qbs throughout the years to know that stats don't tell the story.
    Last edited by blams; 11-17-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Click here to register!

Looking at overall season to season stats don't mean anything when you're referring to a guy incapable of making a single read, and when you look at the schedule and realize its likely the bears are at best 3-7 with Mitch at the helm.

Not because Foles hasn't been horrible, either. He has been horrible.

We've seen enough of different qbs throughout the years to know that stats don't tell the story.
    You keep saying Mitch canít make a single read lol....he makes reads dude. Heís not Tom Brady, but itís not like heís never made reads before.

What reads is Foles making? Heís been terrible with not seeing the open man and not making the right checks at the line. Some of that is bad play calling, but thereís been absolutely nothing to suggest heís going through his progressions and making the right reads. The opposite in fact. Youíre admittedly and obviously biased here.

Either way, bears are screwed until teddy is gone. I think itís really that simple.

You keep saying Mitch canít make a single read lol....he makes reads dude. Heís not Tom Brady, but itís not like heís never made reads before.

What reads is Foles making? Heís been terrible with not seeing the open man and not making the right checks at the line. Some of that is bad play calling, but thereís been absolutely nothing to suggest heís going through his progressions and making the right reads. The opposite in fact. Youíre admittedly and obviously biased here.

Either way, bears are screwed until teddy is gone. I think itís really that simple.
    Foles is just bad...not because he can't make reads. Because he just doesn't have a quick enough internal clock and is seeing ghosts even when he is getting time in the pocket. A lot of what makes Daniel bad. Daniel can read defenses too, he just often panicks.

I don't believe mitch typically is really making a read. He just looks and throws. He may make the right choice here and there but I'm not seeing a guy read a defense, even on rpo's when it's literally a single read. It looks like more of a coincidence when he does find an open receiver than a read and react. He didn't even make a true impact on the NC team, replacing a guy that couldn't make the league. I understand he does occasionally make a "read" but he doesn't understand what he is looking at imo, he's "looking and seeing" rather than "reading and reacting"

I think mitch's chance at ever making an impact is being a backup for 10 years and hoping the game slows down for him.

Last edited by blams; 11-17-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Click here to register!

11. 11-17-2020, 02:47 PM

Foles is just bad..not because he can't make reads. Because he just doesn't have a quick enough internal clock and is seeing ghosts even when he is getting time in the pocket. A lot of what makes Daniel bad. Daniel can read defenses too, he just often panicks.

I don't believe mitch typically is really making a read. He just looks and throws. He may make the right choice here and there but I'm not seeing a guy read a defense, even on rpo's when it's literally a single read. It looks like more of a coincidence when he does find an open receiver than a read and react. He didn't even make a true impact on the NC team, replacing a guy that couldn't make the league.

I think mitch's chance at ever making an impact is being a backup for 10 years and hoping the game slows down for him.

Thatís funny because Foles has just been looking and throwing more than anything. Heís pre determining his targets regularly.

Iíd stick with Bray the rest of the way. Lose out. Get game experience. Hopefully clean house in the off season

Its no secret I think Mitch is terrible, but after watching Foles.. Mine as well throw him back out there. It cannot be any worse.

Thatís funny because Foles has just been looking and throwing more than anything. Heís pre determining his targets regularly.

Iíd stick with Bray the rest of the way. Lose out. Get game experience. Hopefully clean house in the off season
    Yeah he's definitely been defaulting to the first read.

I completely agree on Bray. We know what we have in Mitch and Foles. We know that without an elite oline and running game, we will not win with them.

Just give Bray the shot, and the likely result is we get a sexy 5-11 record and a top 5 pick, Nagy/Pace fired.

Ultimately , I think its back to Mitch against Green Bay. They're desperate and will want to see if seeing the game from the sideline has helped.

Or maybe, Bray is elite and will dominate [emoji1787]
    Last edited by blams; 11-17-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Click here to register!

Not gonna re-hash this. You know how I feel, I know you how feel. Put shortly, Mitch sucked in 2018 outside of a handful of games that padded his stats (with a ton of his production coming from an unsustainably good screen game). The results were good that year, the actual play, was not. I've stated my points a thousand times. You don't have to rebuttle this, I can accept that you view it differently because it's about the 10th time we've been over it. I think we both agree now that Mitch isn't the guy and that he shouldn't and won't be back with the team after this year, so it's pointless anyway.

I have also extended the olive branch in the past that Mitch was far from the only problem with the team. My hope was that Foles was going to be good enough to overcome things that Mitch was not able to. Obviously that isn't the case, but no, I don't think the line is just as bad as it's been in the Nagy era, I think it's substantially worse now than it's ever been. In the past, at least we pass blocked decently. It's not been the case without Massie and Daniels.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 11-17-2020 at 02:59 PM.

Yeah he's definitely been defaulting to the first read.

I completely agree on Bray. We know what we have in Mitch and Foles. We know that without an elite oline and running game, we will not win with them.

Just give Bray the shot, and the likely result is we get a sexy 5-11 record and a top 5 pick, Nagy/Pace fired.

Ultimately , I think its back to Mitch against Green Bay. They're desperate and will want to see if seeing the game from the sideline has helped.

Or maybe, Bray is elite and will dominate [emoji1787]
    I would be terrified with pace making the pick at #5. Especially at QB

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast