Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Should Pelosi remain the Dem House Speaker?

Was wondering what everyone thought here. With the loss of dem seats this election and Pelosi not well liked across the country, should the Democratic Party look at voting for a new speaker? If so, who would you like to see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly donít know. Iíd like to hear peopleís opinions. It seems like a job where whoever gets will be torn apart regardless of what they don

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I canít imagine too many options that could be worse than Nancy. Iím all for giving her the boot as long as she shares some of that ice cream on the way out.

I mean yeah it would be cool to put someone else out there but, who? I mean Pelosi pisses a lot of people so maybe put AOC out there to continue the piss off train lol

15 people voted Pelosi out as speaker last time (Dems) 10 of them are returning and if all 10 vote against her this time chances are she will be gone as speaker.

Itís a real possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    15 people voted Pelosi out as speaker last time (Dems) 10 of them are returning and if all 10 vote against her this time chances are she will be gone as speaker.

Itís a real possibility

No Democrat could be dumb enough to vote against her in enough numbers to allow a Republican to become Speaker in a House with a Democratic majority.

Unless there is someone who presents themselves as a better Democratic alternative, she will be Speaker when the new congress is sworn in.

She never should have got it in the first place and her old timey corrupt connections and ability to whip votes are the only thing keeping her in the House at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    No Democrat could be dumb enough to vote against her in enough numbers to allow a Republican to become Speaker in a House with a Democratic majority.

Unless there is someone who presents themselves as a better Democratic alternative, she will be Speaker when the new congress is sworn in.
    What makes Pelosi the right person for the job?

This is a good topic to discuss and I strongly believe the answer to the question is no. The Democrats' losses in the House are not entirely on Nancy Pelosi, in fact most of the blame can be attributed to Cheri Bussos and DCCC, but Nancy Pelosi must have been lock step with the DCCC otherwise they wouldn't have ran the campaign they ran.

What the DCCC does specifically is recruit candidates, raise funds, and organize races. That's where the democrats really failed in this election. Not just who was running in specific districts, but the allocation of resources and overall messaging. The DCCC failed at their job so miserably that Cheri Bussos is NOT seeking another term as chair. DCCC made a policy to blacklist any company who worked against an incumbent democrat in a primary and so they have blacklisted many of the best companies who focus on digital messaging and community outreach. They will not work with them because they had the audacity to work with a primary challenger. The DCCC is the worst and least effective arm of the democratic party I've ever seen.

The reason I say Nancy Pelosi should no longer be Speaker is because all she wants to do is keep the status quo. When I say "status quo" I don't mean she would never legislate, I mean she will keep the money and special interest flowing at all costs. To her it's all about keeping power and getting richer. Of course it's the exact same thing the Republicans want in the Senate, but when both major political parties fight for identical things, money and special interest, then they are not representing a huge majority of the country, nothing major gets done, people get angrier, some even die, and our society and democracy gets worse. This is how Washington has operated for generations and it's why people always think the country is going in the wrong direction no matter who is in charge. Nothing ever fundamentally changes.

So this is a very good subject to discuss and no I do not think Nancy Pelosi should continue as House Speaker. It's not just applicable to Nancy Pelosi, but also to Chuck Schumer and even Mitch McConnell as well. We will not have a government that represents us until our major political parties start rejecting legal bribery, otherwise known as special interest. Nancy Pelosi doesn't represent that change and never will, so she should no longer be Speaker.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 11-16-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Should Pelosi remain the Dem House Speaker?

What do you think are the main functions of the speaker? What makes a good one?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

If you want politics as usual, yes.

And to be honest, there is very little chance that with neoliberals Biden and Harris leading an already handicapped new administration, Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer dick-measuring in the Senate, a politicized SCOTUS, and a mentally-challenged, deposed president ranting in the background that we will have anything other than politics as usual.

So, even if you donít want politics as usual, you are nevertheless going to get it.

So, yes. Pelosi remains.

Not that this will happen, but this could be an opportunity to have some sort of cooperative breakthrough in an effort to get the two parties to show some semblance of working together.

Not electing Pelosi and choosing a more moderate dem would show some sign of trying to reach across the aisle in an effort to be able to work together. It would also put the ball in the repubs court to make a similar move.

Someone or one of the parties needs to make a first move to get us all back to some degree of normalcy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Not that this will happen, but this could be an opportunity to have some sort of cooperative breakthrough in an effort to get the two parties to show some semblance of working together.

Not electing Pelosi and choosing a more moderate dem would show some sign of trying to reach across the aisle in an effort to be able to work together. It would also put the ball in the repubs court to make a similar move.

Someone or one of the parties needs to make a first move to get us all back to some degree of normalcy.
    The notion that Nancy is some ridiculous liberal is hilarious and not backed up by reality. Thanks for that laugh this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

And what makes you think that the republicans would respond with a quid pro quo (i.e., bye, bye McConnell)?

Only place Pelosi should be going to is the Nursing Home.
    Eichel Tower

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast